Terrapin Station

Drums

The Other One

Wharf Rat

Not Fade Away

Encore:

Not Fade Away

Baby Blue

My 1st birthday show again! They played this in Nov at Johnson College which kicked off a very fun weekend in VT for the 10th anniversary!

Thank you, any filler?

as a matter of fact, yes there was.

Filler:

Run For the Roses*

The Weight*

* with Lisa Mackey on harmony

~

some noteworthy things:

-RB's Dragonfly tapestry was not replaced, but he was given another one which was prominently displayed on his station stage left. This was the first show for this new cloth.

-900 tickets sold on a Tuesday? Yes, perhaps aided by the six large touring motor-homes parked nearby at an undisclosed location. This was, perhaps, one of the most respectful and well behaved crowds I have had the luxury of attending. Respectful, friendly, polite... This venue and crowd had it all. Period.

-"Nicest bathrooms in the country"

-TSA has a new machine that will puff air onto you and test you for chemicals if you get "quadded". Quadding means you may have changed airlines, and the one that lost your business will (passive aggressively) mark you as a "suspicious person" and airport security will have you flagged. This could make you miss the first set or even your whole flight if you waste time standing in the wrong line...

-The depot has a very, very respectful and attentive staff that runs the show.

-in spite of witnessing a couple of repeats from the last four shows (which is both almost impossible to avoid, and, also something that just flat out does not bother me one bit...) the band continues to look healthy, play solidly, and appear to be having fun with their ~Labour of Love.

-Many first time dso-goers last night that were simply shocked. I would imagine this means west coast dso tickets will remain in high demand.

-3 references to Cadillacs in last night's performance; between that and the gambling references, I could not help but to laugh...

"Reach for the rose, get caught on the briar

You're warming to love, next thing there's a fire

The trouble with love is its other face

You just want the cup, you don't want the race"

http://arts.ucsc.edu/gdead/agdl/rose.html

:o

Golden > Utah > Central City > The Border

;)

Guest crazy digits

SLC seems like a hometown show of sorts for me..although, problem is, I have only seen one DSO show in SLC to date and last night wasn't it...Great show though. I was lucky enough to see DSO recreate this one in Wilmington, DE, my actual hometown. My best buddy, Jim lives with his family in SLC and was able to see last night's show. He was impressed!! Jim and I saw 100's of GD shows together back in the day and he always asks me why DSO doesn't play more shows in Utah?? My guess is that SLC is out there so to speak..Apparently last night's crowd was very good and somewhat older than the typical DSO crowd....I do hope they will do a two show run in SLC one of these years..this would be a great push for me to go out there again...I love Utah, a most beautiful state. Peace.

Archived