4-24-08 Salano Beach,ca.

Guest ibewbro

Guest ibewbro

10-28-72 Cleveland Public Hall, Cleveland, Oh.

1: Promised, FOTD, Jack Straw, China Cat> I Know You Rider, Mexicali, Box Of Rain, Bobby McGee, Candyman, Me & My Uncle, Sugaree, Playin

2: He's Gone, El Paso, Don't Ease, Greatest, B. E. Women, BIODTL, Attics, Big River, Dark Star> Sugar Magnolia, Casey Jones E: Johnny B. Goode

Just got back home in Ventura. DSO ripped it up once again at the Belly Up Tavern. Show highlights for me were 1st set: Jack Straw, China Rider and a Mondo Playin in The Band set closer. 2nd set: Greatest Story (with a little St. Stephen teaser jam (aka 9-28-72) ATTICS, Big River, DARK STAR

Overall a pretty good show not too much jamming though in the 1st set until Playin and the 2nd set Greatest Story and a really good (long) 1972 Dark Star. My only complaint of the evening was that most of the people around me were talking so loud I could barely hear the band at times. Its like they just showed up for the party not to actually listen to the music. I find thats what you get here in So-Cal. Last year the vibe at the Fillmore shows was so much better. Any way looking forward to tonight and Sat at the El Rey.

Seeya there.............Peace

• Forum MVP

i can't even describe how beautiful that show was last night. out of 175 or so, that show made it to top 10. it's been years since i could say that. the energy in the back of the venue by the merch table was like angels dancing in heaven. it was as rare as seeing a triple rainbow over the ocean on leap year while snowing in July. purely religious in nature. doesn't happen every day.

and lights no eye can see...

• Forum MVP
i can't even describe how beautiful that show was last night. out of 175 or so, that show made it to top 10. it's been years since i could say that. the energy in the back of the venue by the merch table was like angels dancing in heaven. it was as rare as seeing a triple rainbow over the ocean on leap year while snowing in July. purely religious in nature. doesn't happen every day.

and lights no eye can see...

that is an incredible discription of what you must have experenced last night." Angels dancing in heavin"

Archived