Westbury

:dsorocks:11-01-73 Ncgaw Memorial Hall Northwestern Univ. Evanston, IL

Set 1 Promised Land(not sure if they played Promised), Sugaree, Brokedown Palace, Black Throated Wind, China Cat> I know you Rider, Me n Bobby McGee, Weather Report Suite> Let It Grow

Set 2 Morning Dew>Playin>Uncle Johns>Playin, Half Step>He's Gone>Truckin>Wharf Rat, Sugar Mags Enc: My sisters and My Brothers

Very Good Show, absolutely loved the show. We arrived early to tailgate in the parking lot, Wharf Rats were out there in large numbers. Woo Hoo. Its nice to go to shows like this with our family and don't need anything to help the dance. I suck at writing reviews so this is what you get. Have a Grateful Day :dsorocks:

11-01-73 McGaw Memorial Hall, Northwestern U., Evanston, Il. (Thu)

1: Promised, Sugaree, Bobby McGee, B. E. Women, B. T. Wind, China Cat> I Know You Rider, Mexicali, Brokedown, BIODTL, Loose Lucy, El Paso, TLEO, WRS Prelude> WRS Part 1> Let It Grow

2: Morning Dew> Playin> Uncle John> Playin, Half Step> He's Gone> Truckin> Jam> Wharf Rat, Sugar Magnolia

• Forum MVP

It seems like John is playing a new guitar, its black ,no name on it ,solid body.I've never seen this before.

The morning dew, playing ,uncle johns -playing clocked in at an hour,that was incredible.This was my dso show I had seen at the electric factory back in may of 2002, the dead base says there was a here comes sunshine but it wasn't played that night or last night. Great show ,great sound -fantastic people.

Guest rundangerously

awesome show! great china > rider and black throated wind! killer let it grow!! and jgb encore, "my sisters and brothers" - sweet!

Guest st stephen

in response to the previous post about if they played promised land.....yes they did

that show was incredible....china/rider was off the hook. black t wind....the dew>playin>ujb>playin was just amazing.

Thanks to all the wharf ratz....the dead are even better now.

:dsorocks:

With or without the H.C. Sunshine, which does list in some of the sketchy archives recordings for the date, a fantastic show, nice and loud with great sound!!!

We were out BBQ in the lot and were cleaning up and missed Promised. They went on Extremely prompt. JUst woke up. Its nice to read what everyone has to say. I had a great time. I can't wait for tonight. :headbang:

See ya all there

A wonderful show. I had a blast. I experienced this connection from Jill dancin on the right of the stage, Kimberly dancin dead center and me on the left. There was a trine created and the energy swirled around and around and sailed right out of the buliding. Great space, great show, spectacular time can't wait to do it again tonight. My highlights are too many too name this time around. Everything was perfect except for the ride home. Some idiot closed the lower level of the GWB. A nightmare. We flew in and crawled out. Oh well, hope everyone made it home safe and sound. Hope to see you tonight!

Love and Peace Kris

Guest Mr. Charlie

Sounds like a terrific evening. I'm looking forward to tonight in New Brunswick, NJ. Hopefully they still have plans for a pre '82 evening. We'll see. Not that I'm complaining....just a preference.

It's a quick tempo UJB theme jam that they played for 2 years (and one tease in Pitt in 79?) as part of the China Rider transition. I know many names that people have given it but I don't think any of them are official-- like the Mud Love Buddy Jam (mind left body). Gotta get that copyright to be official. It's what we all strive for.

isn't it typically called the feelin groovy jam (based on S&G 59th bridge street)?

http://deva.clearlight.com/~acsa/introjs.h...le/FEELINGR.HTM

• Forum MVP
the transition in question is "officially" called 'Feelin Groovy Jam'

Mind Left Body/Mud Love Buddy is a completely different tune.

the different names for MLB reminds me of spinach jam/spanish jam- its the same thing

I just used the mind left body as an example jfolks, it has nothing to do with this jam.

I didn't think the Feelin Groovy title was official (although that's what I call it) but if you guys say it's official--it's official!

For the best FG jam, go to 2/24/74. That one will make your head spin.

• Forum MVP
I just used the mind left body as an example jfolks, it has nothing to do with this jam.

oops.. i see that now.. misread/misinterpreted... (and notice i put official in quotes- some GDM calls it 'FG'-im not so sure how official that actually is- but official enough!)

has everyone seen the bonus features on the Disc 2 of the Grateful Dead Movie? there's a really cool part that shows incomplete mixes of the band during a Feelin Groovy Jam>I Know You Rider (ie: drum and bass ONLY, vocals ONLY, jer guitar only, etc)..

• Forum MVP
has everyone seen the bonus features on the Disc 2 of the Grateful Dead Movie? there's a really cool part that shows incomplete mixes of the band during a Feelin Groovy Jam>I Know You Rider (ie: drum and bass ONLY, vocals ONLY, jer guitar only, etc)..

That is some great stuff Jordan, I was going to mention it because of how cool it is--I'm glad you did!

Have a blast tonight.

That show reminds me of my first DSO show early 2002 at the Norva? They played an early 70's show with a CJ in the first set...I didn't know about the recreation of shows then, but I remember thinking that I have got to see more of this band!!!!!!

Joe

Guest crazy digits

I was lucky enough to see the show last year at westbury, GRATE venue as the sound is SICK there. What a show you all saw last night. I believe I have seen DSO recreate this show before....

• Forum MVP

If anyone is interested in one of the truest Feelin Groovy jams, it's found on the 2/13/70 Dtar--because it really sounds like the S&G song--about 18:18 in (DPs #4). I took that show out for a spin on the drive to work today--I was inspired by Dr. Pinky!

There is also a great one on the mesmerizing 9/19/70 Dstar.

A wonderful show. I had a blast. I experienced this connection from Jill dancin on the right of the stage, Kimberly dancin dead center and me on the left. There was a trine created and the energy swirled around and around and sailed right out of the buliding. Great space, great show, spectacular time can't wait to do it again tonight. My highlights are too many too name this time around. Everything was perfect except for the ride home. Some idiot closed the lower level of the GWB. A nightmare. We flew in and crawled out. Oh well, hope everyone made it home safe and sound. Hope to see you tonight!

Love and Peace Kris

thank you sister. i felt it too. :)

what a magical night

Archived