The Wheel>

The Other One>

Black Peter>

Around And Around>

Johnny B. Goode

Encore:

U.S. Blues

Filler: Good Lovin'>Fire on the Mountain, Ripple w/ Lisa

Fantastic show, beautiful venue, beautiful people, my legs are achin' so I must of had a great time

Guest jaxstraw

Let There Be Songs To Phil The Air

I was standing a few feet from Rob during 2nd set, all I know is that he was having a better time than usual up there, I knew something wasup . Only to my amazement that Rob was playing BRENTS key boards . Wow.... a bit ereee . they were all having such a good time up on stage and playin their little hearts out.... GREATSTUFF all around

FYI--- First time they played the State Theater.

• Forum MVP

greatttttt show!! such a fun time! rockin shakin smokin dancin dancin dancin!! 84 is such an underrated year! what a list!

great energy, awesome vocals on john's part, feelin' it under the skin!

black peter, around>jbg, all the fillers, pre-drumz, bucket, bertha, bird song, tleo, cc rider were my super highlights!!

dso is the best thing on earth

Damnit! I missed another 84 show.... had I not gotten off work at 6pm, I would of made it... fuck...

Herdy, it was in Jersey...... Sure you woulda looked past that tho... It was a phenominal show!!!!

Peace!

Alex911sc

I also have to say the energy in the room was amazing. I was surrounded by kind vibes. 2nd set I found myself up against the stage right in front of Kevin. During space John used a affect that when he played a sound the sound repeated itself backwards. My mouth was agape with a huge smile. I said to Jill I wanted a sick Other One. I immediately called the wheel in that nice little jam and the after the Wheel Jill called the Other one. Right away I new to put on my seat belt as this was going to be a fun ride. :blink: I was watching John and Rob fiddle with the beginning teases. They stopped and looked at Kevin like when ever your ready bro. He gave them this mischievis grin, then a nod and then his bass exploded into The Other One. OMG INSANITY beautiful insanity. I knew the seat belt would come in handy. hee hee :dsorocks:

Guest irdoc
Wow! Good Lovin' into Fire? How subtle was that, nice, you got to love a Fire independent from Ms. Scarlet....

I think they felt obligated to finish off the Scarlet -> Touch from the beginning of Set 2 with Good Loving -> Fire in the encore, in deference to both Scarlet and Fire. They did a great job, too!

Scarlet -> Touch was a new combo beginning in Eugene, OR, and then Red Rocks 6/12/84 (which I remember pretty vividly), and they did it about 6 more times (Cuyahoga was the third time, I think). One time, they actually did Scarlet -> Touch -> Fire (7/3/04 in Kansas City), which was phenomenal!

Stu

I think they felt obligated to finish off the Scarlet -> Touch from the beginning of Set 2 with Good Loving -> Fire in the encore, in deference to both Scarlet and Fire. They did a great job, too!

Scarlet -> Touch was a new combo beginning in Eugene, OR, and then Red Rocks 6/12/84 (which I remember pretty vividly), and they did it about 6 more times (Cuyahoga was the third time, I think). One time, they actually did Scarlet -> Touch -> Fire (7/3/04 in Kansas City), which was phenomenal!

Stu

hee hee hee... I love it when you can talk about the Dead and DSO like they're the same band

anyway, I have to say that the Scarlet-Touch combo was pretty cool, and I love it when they can throw the audience off balance like that.

the best best best was last year when Dark Star pulled the Help-Slip-Stranger-Frank combo. that moment truly blew the whole crowd out of the water!

of course this was more legitimate, since the Dead actually did this Scarlet-Touch maneuver

allright... so it was a sweet sweet show to go to. maybe that's just because I hadn't seen the boys since April and I was getting antsy... but hell. it would have been a great show to go to even if I'd gone to see them twenty days in a row!

• Forum MVP
One time, they actually did Scarlet -> Touch -> Fire (7/3/04 in Kansas City), which was phenomenal!

Stu

And another 10 days later at the Greek 7/13/84.

Closest I got was a Scarlet>Victim>Fire, Shorline'91, which I actually thoroughly enjoyed. :)

• Forum MVP
Then there was the first verse only Fire from Deercreek 1995, I remember thinking (after 15 minutes of Jerry leads) whoa, better same some leads for the second and third verses (Jerry even played slide during the first verse leads) it slipped into Victim, so I thought , they will finish the Fire at the second night, but, it unfortunately , got cancelled, so I'm left in Indiana with an unfinished Fire in my head, it is still unfinished to this day. Think DSO could play the 1995 Deercreek show and finish that Fire as Filler? (maybe at the Springfield show this summer?)

I think Garcia just didn't want to give Creek the rest of what would have been a pretty epic fire (if he could have kept that pace up). We paid for the sins of others that night. Hard to imagine them finishing that song on any of the next two nights (or one night, can't remember if that was a 2 pack or a 3 pack) a la playin or sugar mags.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest DEAD HEAD

Killer show and a really nice theatre!!! Next stop for me is House of Blues Atlantic City,NJ. See you all there... :)

Archived