What Is Your Favorite Major League Baseball Team?

bs69

I've been a Phillies fan for over 40 years. My dad took me to see my first game at Connie Mack Stadium in '66 when I was seven. I got to see Koufax pitch that day for the Dodgers. I've pretty much stuck with the Phils through the good and (mostly) bad times ever since. Looks like the next few years will bring some good times. Gotta love Chase Utley.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest moeron1
Big Reds fan here. Jay Bruce the saviour is here! Watch out Cubs and Cards fans we're coming after you!

us cards fans only have to watchout for the cubs!

Guest rowjimmy

Born into a Yankee Legacy household. My grandmother was a die hard fan and when my grandparents had their sweetshop, she would post the running scoreboard behind the counter for everyone to stop in and get the score.

• 1 month later...
I've been a Phillies fan for over 40 years. My dad took me to see my first game at Connie Mack Stadium in '66 when I was seven. I got to see Koufax pitch that day for the Dodgers. I've pretty much stuck with the Phils through the good and (mostly) bad times ever since. Looks like the next few years will bring some good times. Gotta love Chase Utley.

Lifelong Phillies fan.My granddad took me to my first game at Connie Mack in '62 when I was 8 y.o.

Guest mind of a squirrel

5v995f.gif

I'm with Frank... Da Sox.

Not because they are currently champs or anything either. I don't believe in the bandwagon fan phenomenon and the cheezy 'Red Sox Nation' marketing ploys, etc. I believe in rooting for the home team.

I'm a good, old-fashioned, Tom Yawkey/Yaz guy. My folks first dragged me into Fenway when I was about a year old, so it's possible I got to sleep through an 'Impossible Dream' season game.

Keep Yaz in your prayers. He just had to have an unexpected triple bypass operation.

No way to spend your birthday. Today is Yaz's 69th (same age as my mah...)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YAZ!!!

11icqjo.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest jazz-man

Yaz, what a classy guy and terrific player. I moved to the US from Canada when I was 7 years old and didn't know much about baseball except the name Mickey Mantle. When I arrived in Chicago I chose the White Sox and my brother chose the easy path and chose the Cubs. The first time I went to a Sox game at the old Comiskey park I saw the greenest grass I've ever seen in the world. It was like a magical place to me. Most of the time the Cubs had better teams but I've never waivered in my loyalty. 2005 was soooo sweet, we kicked ass in the playoffs, it was over almost too soon. We came close this year and I'm looking forward to next year even though there are some question marks on my club. GO SOX!

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/al/chisox...esoximages.html

You know, I once heard Grateful Dead fans compared to baseball fans, we keep score at the game, we write down set lists...we like our down time at the park and we like the drum set to catch our wind...anyway, I really enjoy watching double a ball, but for the Majors, I guess I'm a Mets Fan. My dad was a die hard Yankee Fan but left for the Mets when Stienbrenner took over and they kinda grew on me...Go Cleon Jones and Dave Kingman!

there was a comment posted earlier, regarding th Red Sox, about people who grew old then died without the Sox winning a World Series...my Grandpa was one of them {he was a diehard Sox fan}...my Dad, too {tho he didn't get that old before he died}...SO...i ain't that into sports in general, tho i keep the memory of my Grandpa & Dad alive {one of the ways} by keeping track of the Red Sox {kinda seems a bit silly, at times, tho hey, it's what i do...}...as note on this: the comeback against the fu%#in' Yankees & the Indians followed with sweeps in the World Series {and the almost mostly comeback vs. the Tampa team this year, which included that amazing 7-0 in the 7th comeback} stands as pretty amazing...

ciao

• 2 weeks later...
Guest stlhead

Being from St. Louis I am a lifelong Cardinal fan. My first favorite player was Lou Brock and I attended game 7 of the 1982 World Series. I ran onto the field at the end of that game as that practice was still allowed back then.

Archived