Englewood 6-5-08

FunkyBass13

• Forum MVP

Looks like:

10/22/89 (Sun) Charlotte Coliseum - Charlotte, NC

Set 1: Foolish Heart, Minglewood Blues, Mississippi Half-Step Uptown Toodeloo, Queen Jane Approximately, Ramble On Rose, Beat It On Down The Line, Bird Song, Johnny B. Goode

Set 2: Blow Away, Samson & Delilah, Help On The Way > Slipknot > Franklin's Tower > Drums > Space > I Need A Miracle > Stella Blue > Throwing Stones > Not Fade Away, E: Black Muddy River

only show between 79 & 91 (there's a B3 on stage) with a Foolish>Minglewood>1/2 Step. Looks like a good time. Unless this is an original, but where's Lisa, this is the one. Looks like a fun time for tonight.

• Forum MVP
Looks like:

10/22/89 (Sun) Charlotte Coliseum - Charlotte, NC

Set 1: Foolish Heart, Minglewood Blues, Mississippi Half-Step Uptown Toodeloo, Queen Jane Approximately, Ramble On Rose, Beat It On Down The Line, Bird Song, Johnny B. Goode

Set 2: Blow Away, Samson & Delilah, Help On The Way > Slipknot > Franklin's Tower > Drums > Space > I Need A Miracle > Stella Blue > Throwing Stones > Not Fade Away, E: Black Muddy River

only show between 79 & 91 (there's a B3 on stage) with a Foolish>Minglewood>1/2 Step. Looks like a good time. Unless this is an original, but where's Lisa, this is the one. Looks like a fun time for tonight.

Yep, this is the show. I'm jealous.

I just have to say I had a great time. I'm grateful I got to meet alot of you on the boards. August West, Helpslip, Vince, A bunch of Steves, I'm really confused, the guy from Stone Pony. I also have to say it was so nice meeting Kimberly, what a gem. It was nice seeing Kris and Steve. Everybody was so nice, and all there for one reason, to boogie down..

Definately a cool experience, kinda like having the whole family there.

Alright, I see 2 screens, time for bed

Guest rowjimmy

Well, the kids got their Drums last night so all is well. It's funny, this is our third year bringing the group and each time, a couple have no clue, a couple like it, and one or two really get it. One of the boys has come with us before and his knowledge of the music and history has grown exponentially since last year. I commend the parents for allowing us to take their children for this experience..."You want to take my child where?.....I think that would be great exposure for him/her." It really is a blast to light the torch for the next generation...:)

Hope you all enjoyed the light show from the balcony....lol See you all soon.

Peace.

• Forum MVP

what a show.!!!!

a fun time indeed. energy kept building and building from the start!

the Franklins!! the Gloria!! nice rap Eaton, "what was her name again? G? L? O? somethin like that, i think it was G L O R I A"" !!love the Foolish opener! very nice HalfStep, Bird, JBG closer, STELLA BLUEEE, gotta love Stones>NFA

always so cool being with so many people!

i love this band, and i love the people who follow them

dso, thanks a lot.

see you tonite in HamptonBeach

kris & steve, thanks for everything. you guys are the best.

what a cool place/ town. i would highly recommend eating at saigon, this vietnamese place. it was ridonculous. as for the show, it was right in the wheelhouse of what i was hoping for (late 80's, early 90's). foolish heart got me excited right off the bat and had me hoping for a second set SOTM. highlights for me were robs rendition of queen jane and baracco opening the second set with blow away.

johnny b goode (never one of my favorites for an encore) was fun last night in its placement at the end of the opening set. had to leave the show early to get home to ct and get 4 hours of sleep before my exam this morning. there is always a price to be paid for leaving dso early and last night it was me missing out on black muddy river. what a song and i cant even imagine how it went down following such an energy filled second set.

last night left me wanting more dso. plain and simple.

this show was a struggle and while very good at parts, was just an OK show imo

the problem was not from a lack of effort, but the sound was bad and it was a weird room (house lights were only dimmed and not off)

to begin kevin's bass sounded very boomy and echoed all over the room, you could barely hear john for the first three tunes and barracco was barely coming out of the speakers

this resulted in a very bumpy 1st set...the foolish was tepid, the minglewood was solid (eaton actually had the best sounding guitar of the night) as was the 1/2 step

queen jane was a kinda a mess - which i understand as it is barely played...finally things started clicking in ramble on with john's 2nd solo - the midi clicked in and rob's keys were louder..the biodtl, bird song > johnny B were very good and a great way to end the set

the momentum was put aside again with an ok versin of blow away and samson...as noted the h/s/f was very good and the frankin's was probably the song of the night -- totally loved the post-space and the stella was awesome. loved the black muddy. gloria was fun but eaton was struggling with the lyrics, but he did add some 11/1 antics with stopping after the O and going back to G and building it up

it was great hearing a '89 show and to hear queen jane, blow away, t.stones and bmr was awesome in my book as it has been awhile, but with the limitations of their equipment and my belief of being a bit rusty on some of these late 80s tunes it was just an Ok show for me.

Jimmy, the light show was great from down front. I would look up every now and then and see the kids swaying together to the music.

I have to agree with Thin Man I had difficulty with the first set also. The sound was muffled down front which at recent shows hasn't been the case. I almost moved back to see if it would improve but I love being up front with all of the star heads dancin my ass off. Second set seemed much better. GLORIA was amazing. I jumped so high I could have touched the sky.

Thanks to the band and everyone that makes this so much fun.

Love and Peace Kris

Row Jimmy and Row Lisa,

It was so beautiful to look up in the mezzanine and see your wonderfully illuminated group! You really are very special people (brave too) for wanting to share DSO / DEAD culture with future generations.

God bless you!!!

Jersey

Well, the kids got their Drums last night so all is well. It's funny, this is our third year bringing the group and each time, a couple have no clue, a couple like it, and one or two really get it. One of the boys has come with us before and his knowledge of the music and history has grown exponentially since last year. I commend the parents for allowing us to take their children for this experience..."You want to take my child where?.....I think that would be great exposure for him/her." It really is a blast to light the torch for the next generation...:)

Peace.

Last night is just what the doctor ordered - "Good Lovin'"!!!

Loved the show! Loved being back amongst Starheads! Loved spending time with DSO! Loved the energy! Loved the karma! Loved the ....

Highlights of the show: Bird Song with the jam, Johnny B. Goode, H/S/F, Ramblin' Rose, BMW, and Gloria.

See you soon in the Playpen!!!! :D

yeah, i forgot - i loved the kids and being in the front row of the balcony with their glow sticks was a real highlight

in fact i saw alot of kids last night with their parents - love how they are passing it down...

Guest crazy digits

I too agree that the sound was tough..the speaker set up was not favorable for the room..I did find during the second set that upstair's sound was quite GOOD>

[

Peace.

You've taught them well Jim & Lisa, they didn't throw any!!!!

I must say, those little ones were some of the most entertaining show neighbors a friend could ask for!!

Great to run into everyone pre show (Torin, Steve, Etc...) and sorry I had to blast outa there right after the show but it was a early day for me Friday at work and I barely made it thru the day!

Looking forward to seeing everyone again at Govenors Island and HOB for sure!! (Rowjimmy will be holding onto my sad excuse for a wallet in AC for sure!! Damn Slot machines are as addicting as the balloons outside the show last night :cheers: - and suprisingly, that freaking guy had his NO2 tank well positioned under MY TRUCK when I went to leave!!) 2 for the road please? LOL

Peace and another great show for all!!

Oh PS: Rowjimmy... SIT DOWN ALREADY!!!!! :lol:

Alex911sc

Archived