Reading

Guest crazy digits

Guest crazy digits

Tonight's concert was in a beautiful theatre circa 1870 ( 1870 is the ballpark ) Several of us noted that John's mic was on left side with no lisa mic...I had been wanting to see an early 80's show badly :-) The sound was quite good up front where several kind people had their own personal bass machine, the box that explodes with every Kevin note ( you know who you are and most importantly understand what I am referring to }....the end of truckin' was especially rumbly... I thought tonight's show was the best of the three I have seen so far...it just really seemed to click....Whats amazing is the road hours this band has endured the last week with very little breaks....Please take a minute to thank the crew for their hard work day in and day out.....THANK YOU Brian Adcock, who is a terriffic light guy and most importantly their driver who is responsible for getting the equipment to and from every show safely.......This is a super important commitment, one many of us take for granted....Thanks buddy for doing what you do.....Cameron, I miss you brother..I hope you're feeling better and are getting the rest you deserve....

The show was really cool....High Time 3rd song in first set which probably gave some folks an idea of exactly what show it was...The first set was well played and ended with a China> Rider which was special.

The second set Started out with Stranger, Althea , Sailor > Saint > Eyes......The eyes was maybe the best Eyes I have ever heard but I tend to have said this kind of thing before.....

DR>SP > Trucking ( rumbly :-) > Morning Dew ( sick ) and a few to end the show...With 2nd That Emotion for filler...I do love this band. Their hard work, incredible musicianship ( is that a word? ) Thanks Dso. Peace.

Guest crazy digits
Tonight's concert was in a beautiful theatre circa 1870 ( 1870 is the ballpark ) Several of us noted that John's mic was on left side with no lisa mic...I had been wanting to see an early 80's show badly :-) The sound was quite good up front where several kind people had their own personal bass machine, the box that explodes with every Kevin note ( you know who you are and most importantly understand what I am referring to }....the end of truckin' was especially rumbly... I thought tonight's show was the best of the three I have seen so far...it just really seemed to click....Whats amazing is the road hours this band has endured the last week with very little breaks....Please take a minute to thank the crew for their hard work day in and day out.....THANK YOU Brian Adcock, who is a terriffic light guy and most importantly their driver who is responsible for getting the equipment to and from every show safely.......This is a super important commitment, one many of us take for granted....Thanks buddy for doing what you do.....Cameron, I miss you brother..I hope you're feeling better and are getting the rest you deserve....

The show was really cool....High Time 3rd song in first set which probably gave some folks an idea of exactly what show it was...The first set was well played and ended with a China> Rider which was special.

The second set Started out with Stranger, Althea , Sailor > Saint > Eyes......The eyes was maybe the best Eyes I have ever heard but I tend to have said this kind of thing before.....

DR>SP > Trucking ( rumbly :-) > Morning Dew ( sick ) and a few to end the show...With 2nd That Emotion for filler...I do love this band. Their hard work, incredible musicianship ( is that a word? ) Thanks Dso. Peace.

BTW > 5-16-80

To be precise: :)

05/16/80

Nassau Coliseum - Uniondale, NY

Set 1:

Alabama Getaway

Promised Land

High Time

Me And My Uncle

Big River

Row Jimmy

New Minglewood Blues

Ramble On Rose

Looks Like Rain

China Cat Sunflower

I Know You Rider

Set 2:

Feel Like A Stranger

Althea

Lost Sailor

Saint Of Circumstance

Eyes Of The World

Drums

Truckin'

Morning Dew

Around And Around

Johnny B. Goode

Encore:

Brokedown Palace

I'm starting to lose adjectives to describe how much fun it was and how well they played...... this tour has been the strongest I've seen yet. And I didn't think it could get much better than the November 07 run..,.,

thank you again DSO.

Guest irdoc

Phenomenal show (my 2nd DSO concert). Brought two younger friends, who have had no prior exposure to the Dead, and they were in awe. Love the 80's shows. Alabama -> Promised Land; HIgh Time pretty much clinched the date as 5/16/80 at Nassau Coliseum (which I attended). This was a killer DSO rendition!

05/16/80

Nassau Coliseum - Uniondale, NY

Set 1:

Alabama Getaway ->

Promised Land

High Time

Me And My Uncle ->

Big River

Row Jimmy

New Minglewood Blues

Ramble On Rose

Looks Like Rain

China Cat Sunflower ->

I Know You Rider

Set 2:

Feel Like A Stranger ->

Althea ->

Lost Sailor ->

Saint Of Circumstance ->

Eyes Of The World ->

Drums ->

Space ->

Truckin' ->

Morning Dew ->

Around And Around ->

Johnny B. Goode

Encore:

Brokedown Palace

Filler:

Second That Emotion (w/ Lisa)

Stu

• Forum MVP
The eyes was maybe the best Eyes I have ever heard but I tend to have said this kind of thing before.....

Yeah, that's just what I need to hear right now. I will hold onto my happy memories of the one at the 1499th...miss ya brother! Fare thee well! Soon... :grouphug:

• Forum MVP

Lisa is right when she says she can't think of anymore adjectives to describe these shows!!

last night completed the run for me. 8 shows in 11 nights !! and what a way to complete the run!!!!!! the AlabamaPromised, High Time!!!! high time high time high time oh my god absolutely beautiful! as well as the RowJimm! nice shakin Minglewood and the mega-huge ChinaRider. after the first set (not bragging/boasting) i did actually call the show. so i had an idea of what lie ahead in the second part of this show that was 100% energy from the start. the Eyes. its hard to describe/explain/put into words but oh man, it was floating ( i guess you could say that ) ..and the MorningDew. my oh my. it peaked alright. and the Around>johnny had me flying. a beauty in Brokedown closed it. an incredible show all around, start to finish. amazing people as usual, steve, kira, jill, a nice space created for the first

so the next is PennsPeak. time for a week in the Caribbean!

dso is a drug..and its really fun being addicted to it

• Forum MVP

damn damn. damn...

I could have made it but I was tired and lazy from driving back from new england. dumb.

it was nice seeing everyone this weekend...vince, torin, nice to meet you guys...see you down the road!

• Forum MVP
damn damn. damn...

I could have made it but I was tired and lazy from driving back from new england. dumb.

it was nice seeing everyone this weekend...

Same here,just too tired from the last 2 weeks I would have gotten home about 3 in the morning then up in 3 hours .But it sounded like a great time!!!

what a great show... had alot of fun with you guys too...... chuck, i might need some coaching or a few extra shirts.... steve

penn's peak !!!!

thanks for the offer of the ride home

good thing i found the car keys.

that would have SUCKED!!!!!!

:D

What a monster of a show in Reading!!! I really was touched by L.L. Rain, and the China/Rider end of the 1st set was absolutely explosive. The Sailor/Saint built and built and finally was seen bursting like a supernova over all of us. Eyes killed, and Morning Dew was the best I

Guest fancy steve
Many thanks to Steve and Torin for being my protective back wall.

Torin might have a spot for you. You're middle name isn't Steve by any chance?

I was at the original...just seems like a haze now. I stayed out all night at the box office of the coliseum just to find out in the morning that they had given out wrist bands the day before. Freezing cold! I think that that was the day that the ticket limit was 10 for each show...

Archived