Tiger Out For The Year

bs69

Given what Tiger is doing to the property values in my county with his new Golf COurse in Swannanoa, NC (as well as the unethical treatment he gives people in the hospitality tents and 'backstage area' of the PGA tours), I am gonna chalk this one up to Karma.

The PGA has done a good job at keeping the fact that Tiger is a very rude and condescending prick a big secret in order to use his mastery of the game of golf to reach new consumers. He may be a great marketing tool, but he remains a prick, and I will be a lot more interested in watching golf without his face on the TV.

Good luck, Tiger. I won't miss you one single bit.

See you in WNC.

;)

(sorry everyone, but the above statement is absolutely true. The truth hurts sometimes~.)

:cheers:

Guest darbysdad

Tom Is Correct With His Assesment Of Tiger "Off Course"

I Have Been" Inside" At TPC Jax And Have Witnessed How Tiger Treats People Away From The Public Eye

He Cannot Be Bothered With The Common Man Unless There Is A Photo Op Or Some Other PGA Or Sponsor

Driven Event.His Popularity Has Erased Any Semblance Of Privacy But He Is An Ass.He,However,Cannot Hold A Candle To The Ass Of Asses...One Chi Chi Rodriquez,Who Is The Complete Opposite Of His Public Persona In Spades.

That Being Said,Tiger Is The Best Golfer On The Planet.I Just Leave It At That.

Jerry

...He,However,Cannot Hold A Candle To The Ass Of Asses...One Chi Chi Rodriquez,Who Is The Complete Opposite Of His Public Persona In Spades.

Really? Chi-Chi used to frequent the RJ Reynolds Senior tours at Tanglewood in Clemmons, NC in the when I worked the hospitality tent as a youngin, and I always found him pleasant. I guess entertainers get sick of having to be themselves (or their 'character') all the time. I guess we all have our moments..

I am sort of sorry to hear that; I am sure you have your reasons for saying so.... Damn you Chi Chi- all those wasted years...

Hm...Perhaps we can all agree that Vijay Sing is sort of a jerk.

This guy was a class act all the way. Still is:

Jack:

1206035704.jpg

Guest darbysdad
Really? Chi-Chi used to frequent the RJ Reynolds Senior tours at Tanglewood in Clemmons, NC in the when I worked the hospitality tent as a youngin, and I always found him pleasant. I guess entertainers get sick of having to be themselves (or their 'character') all the time. I guess we all have our moments..

I am sort of sorry to hear that; I am sure you have your reasons for saying so.... Damn you Chi Chi- all those wasted years...

Hm...Perhaps we can all agree that Vijay Sing is sort of a jerk.

This guy was a class act all the way. Still is:

Jack:

1206035704.jpg

Yes Tom ,Chi Chi Is All About His Schtick And A Big Zero After That..Even Mean At Times

The Tour Spoils Golfers And Turns Them Into Automotrons.Give Me A John Daly,Boo Weekly,Jason Gore Any Day.Hearts On Their Sleeves..Happy To Be There Ya Know?

Guest SettleBackJim

Tell us how you really feel Jack. The Golden Bear is a class act though, and you should see what his developments do for property values(not currently) here in FL. Cha-Ching. All those guys do it. Get ya some propery up in Stone Mountain down up old #9. It's reasonable. That way I can come see you and Charlie at the same time. B)

He's pretty good in the spotlight. I know I have my moments with people myself, so I can't judge to much. But please don't be delighted he's gone cause on an injury. If that's the case we should have hire Tanya Hardings goons years ago.

Peace Bro, I'll be waiting on your next text.

• Forum MVP

I have also heard the Mickelson isn't really the nicest of people when the cameras are off too, although it is complete heresay on my part. Just what I've heard.

Although, in fairness to all that have been called out by name, I would venture to guess that you are more likely to find star athletes (and Tiger is about the biggest star right now) who are self absorbed and cold when the cameras are off than it is to find those who really are personable and friendly, Just my opinion. I mean, Jordan wasn't exactly known for his sparkling off-court personality, nor was Bird, Reggie Jackson, Joe Montana, Bonds, etc, etc, etc.

I bet that, when referring to Superstars (not just professional athletes), the list of jerks is much bigger than the list of nice guys. Which is really sad.

That's why Sir Charles said it best: I'm NOT a role model.

• Forum MVP
I mean, Jordan wasn't exactly known for his sparkling off-court personality,

Leave Michael out of this.

I know many, many people who met him and have very nice things to say about it. I also know of a couple things he did when no cameras were around that would be classified as very honorable.

Pick on someone your own size Rel!

• Forum MVP
Leave Michael out of this.

I know many, many people who met him and have very nice things to say about it. I also know of a couple things he did when no cameras were around that would be classified as very honorable.

Pick on someone your own size Rel!

Leave it to Mr. Stone to stick up for the Gambler.

Although I like some of his work, I have no allegiance to Kenny Rogers.

The Gambler? :o

You know, I think Michael Jordan may have been a little bitter and upped the ante on his dark side a bit after the whole gambling 'scandal'... but that million dollar smile of his sure does seem genuine. He is known around here as a great tipper and genuinely respectable family man who came from humble beginnings. (like being cut from the high school basketball team before he took UNC to the top shortly before he re-organized the shoe industry...)

Some NC press have quietly speculated (and that is all it is, pure speculation) that the NBA learned from the Pete Rose MLB gambling scandal and saved their league by quietly suspending MJ for a a year (or whatever) under the guise of Michael pursuing his "professional baseball dream". That is probably not true, but it sure is a helluva thing to think about...

Anyway, Jordan used to play golf at the Crosby golf tournament in Bermuda Run, NC. He was always nothing shy of gracious from what I saw. I suppose he likes his privacy. He took time-out from eating his cheeseburger at a McDonalds (by himself in the parking lot) to sign my neighbor's basketball. Yes, I guess it is safe to say I really like that guy.

395jordanperkinsunc23ceny2.jpg

...but I want to know more about what Mr Kenneth Rogers did. :mellow:

• Forum MVP
(like being cut from the high school basketball team before he took UNC to the top shortly before he re-organized the shoe industry...)

Actually, he didn't make the Laney High School Varsity team when he was a sophomore. It was apparently a turning point of sorts for him (as I'm sure you know) because he used that feeling of despair to drive him for the next year and beyond. I recall him saying he was particularly upset and embarrassed because there was a player on that list of paper posted in the gym that he felt he was much better than--then again, maybe that coach new what he was doing.

and on the Rogers thing....

The Gambler---

On a warm summers evenin on a train bound for nowhere,

I met up with the gambler; we were both too tired to sleep.

So we took turns a starin out the window at the darkness

til boredom overtook us, and he began to speak.

He said, son, Ive made a life out of readin peoples faces,

And knowin what their cards were by the way they held their eyes.

So if you dont mind my sayin, I can see youre out of aces.

For a taste of your whiskey Ill give you some advice.

So I handed him my bottle and he drank down my last swallow.

Then he bummed a cigarette and asked me for a light.

And the night got deathly quiet, and his face lost all expression.

Said, if youre gonna play the game, boy, ya gotta learn to play it right.

You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em,

Know when to walk away and know when to run.

You never count your money when youre sittin at the table.

Therell be time enough for countin when the dealins done.

Now every gambler knows that the secret to survivin

Is knowin what to throw away and knowing what to keep.

cause evry hands a winner and evry hands a loser,

And the best that you can hope for is to die in your sleep.

So when hed finished speakin, he turned back towards the window,

Crushed out his cigarette and faded off to sleep.

And somewhere in the darkness the gambler, he broke even.

But in his final words I found an ace that I could keep.

You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em,

Know when to walk away and know when to run.

You never count your money when youre sittin at the table.

Therell be time enough for countin when the dealins done.

• Forum MVP
Some NC press have quietly speculated (and that is all it is, pure speculation) that the NBA learned from the Pete Rose MLB gambling scandal and saved their league by quietly suspending MJ for a a year (or whatever) under the guise of Michael pursuing his "professional baseball dream". That is probably not true, but it sure is a helluva thing to think about...

Tom, I've actually never heard that theory before, but I know it's not necessarily yours. Jordan leaving basketball and trying out baseball, to me, was one of the greatest things an athlete has ever done. The fact that he did it after his best friend and father was murdered provided the masses with obvious reasons as to the why he tried to become a baseball player and those reasons seemed utterly human and remarkably vulnerable. In the end, his time playing baseball might have helped him mourn his father in ways playing basketball maybe couldn't have. More than anything, however, I've always hated how the media portrayed that season as a failure for him because, in my mind, it was an astonishing lesson to everyone out there to do what's in their heart. By every report, he was always the first one to the park and the last one to leave every single day that year. Coaches said his work ethic was something they had rarely if ever witnessed. And from reports by the two hitting coaches, his bat speed had improved markedly by the time he left baseball from where it was when he began (which was not very good).

What a son does for a father, it was something everyone should have been inspired by--I know I was. Just thought I would give you my two cents on that largely forgotten journey from one Jordan fan to another.

Tom, I've actually never heard that theory before, but I know it's not necessarily yours. Jordan leaving basketball and trying out baseball, to me, was one of the greatest things an athlete has ever done. The fact that he did it after his best friend and father was murdered provided the masses with obvious reasons as to the why he tried to become a baseball player and those reasons seemed utterly human and remarkably vulnerable. In the end, his time playing baseball might have helped him mourn his father in ways playing basketball maybe couldn't have. More than anything, however, I've always hated how the media portrayed that season as a failure for him because, in my mind, it was an astonishing lesson to everyone out there to do what's in their heart. By every report, he was always the first one to the park and the last one to leave every single day that year. Coaches said his work ethic was something they had rarely if ever witnessed. And from reports by the two hitting coaches, his bat speed had improved markedly by the time he left baseball from where it was when he began (which was not very good).

What a son does for a father, it was something everyone should have been inspired by--I know I was. Just thought I would give you my two cents on that largely forgotten journey from one Jordan fan to another.

Very well said. I love what you have offered to this thread. I could not agree with you more. Thanks.

9091finalshugeyesclosedkn0.jpg

(...or to put it another way:)

"You are correct sir. Yes."

phhaedmcmahon11c5483ej5.png

;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived