7/14 Acoustic Show

chinacats111

According to a reliable source, Kevin was on electric, and no Lisa

1st set: Deep Elem Blues, Race is On, Friend of the Devil, Cassidy, To Lay Me Down, Monkey & the Engineer, It Aint No Lie, On the Road Again, Bird Song, Ripple, Drums, Oh Boy(Buddy Holly)

Sounds incredible!!!!

Kyle and Lauren

7/14/08 Kent Stage Acoustic Show

Original Setlist Second Set w/ Lisa

Deep Elem

Race Is On

FOTD

Cassidy

To Lay Me Down

Monkey & Engineer

Oh Babe It Ain't No Lie

On The Road Again

Bird Song >

Ripple >

Drums >

Oh Boy

Silver Threads

USBlues

Let Me Sing Your Blues Away

BTWind

Dire Wolf

WRSuite >

Let It Grow >

Catfish John >

NFA >

So Many Roads

2nd That Emotion

First time I'm ever used a cell phone to write a setlist. Welcome me to the new millenium!!! (Finally). Anywho, cute little place to see a show with crisp sound and a rather good beer selection (Smithwick's!). First set was strong. Good version of FOTD. Acoustic Cassidys are always a treat, but why can't that jam go longer?? I'm always a little sad to hear that Flight of the Sea Birds when it's jamming, and tonight was no exception. To Lay Me Down was a nice treat and well sung. Monkey, for a certain 4-year-old, was rough but a lot of fun. (Whatdoya think about a Monkey right out of Space sometime? THAT'd be hilariously shocking :lol: ). Bird Song, like the Cassidy, is SOOO nice to hear in this manner, and it was pretty cool to get the warmly-lighted Ripple immediately after to close the set ala those '80 acoustic sets... but it didn't end the set! Surprise!! Drums keeps it a going for a few minutes right into what i thought was Iko but - Surprise again!! - Oh Boy! FUN!

Speaking of FUN. Lots of interplay between the musicians and the crowd tonight. Little stories. The yelling out of songs. Yes, including a few Free Birds, 'cause a show's not a show until someone yells Free Bird.

I've heard Silver Threads at a lot of the shows that I've managed to crawl out from under my rock and attend recently. And that's fine by me; keep them coming. All good stuff up until the WRSuite > Let It Grow, but allow me to try to describe THIS one for ya. It was not your normal rendition at all. Rob K., I think, had some chimes or something going during Part 1, Lisa did some beautifully natural vocalizations during Let It Grow, nothing like I've ever heard before, and the band jammed, maybe because it was acoustic, in ways unlike I've .. ever heard before! It was fresh, exciting.. yeah.

Well played and almost jammy Catfish John followed complete with WELL received Kevin solo. NFA was another one that shined bright in this unusual unplugged so-to-speak setting. I thought that might end the set, as time seemed to be getting short but no, So Many Roads! Yes! I like it when certain songs are in the same show together, and, for me at least, So Many Roads fit the sort of sad lyrical vibe that had been going on since USBlues.. maybe not "sad" but wanting, desiring more, unfulfilled promise, you choose the right phrase.. examples "Summertime done come and gone", "summers fade and roses die", "summer leave have blown away now what remains, the wind and rain", "You've done better by me than I've done by you", "with it's words of a life where nothing is new", "said my prayers and went to bed that's the last they saw of me", "all I want is one to take me home", "don't go near that river"... well ok maybe that doesn't fit but you get me. Geez did I go on there. Here's the cliff notes version:

Good string of song choices :)

2nd That Emotion makes such a wonderful encore, it's a slam dunk go home happy see you at the next show guarantee. Can't wait for that show outside of (Truckin, up ta) Buffalo, and then, the LEDGES.

saw 5 nights in a row of music this weekend....DSO at penns peak, governors island, donna jean and mickey hart in long island, then levon helm and phil and friends at Jone's beach. If you added all the fun of the previous 4 nights together, it still would not equal the magic that last night was. What a treat to see the band laid back sitting down and just playing what they feel at the moment. lots of smiles and laughs and enough heart and soul to keep this gal smiling until the next show...and a good thing because thanks to last night's efforts of many including myself had quite a tumultuous morning to include a missing cell phone, a missed flight, and missed work. thanks guys (and Lisa!) :)

• Forum MVP

Whole lotta shaking going on fo sho...

seinfeld2020kramer20danzc2.gif

Ric - I saw you at the Kent show, but didn't put two and two together until getting back home and on the puter. Looking forward to the pics!

Everyone - that acoustic show was taped, and the gentleman is going to put it up on the Archive.

Archived