Manny Goes To Hollywod ... Another Sad Day In Boston

franknkeene

In retrospect and after reading many articles since, i took that way too seriously. Just shocked they unloaded him but no longer surprised (after reading about how much i under-estimated the troubles behind the scenes). i thought itwas all entertainment.

yeah, it's big business alright. i really hope manny does well for Joe Torre.

• 2 months later...
Guest jazz-man

Maybe I'm old school but I have a low tolerance for players behaving like fucking babies. Not running out ground balls, jogging after a ball hit over their head, etc. Manny is a great hitter but I wouldn't want him on my team.c As a White Sox fan I saw the team bend over for Frank Thomas for a lot of years until they finally got sick of it when his production started to wane.

• 2 months later...
Guest jazz-man

Notice no one is beating down manny's agents' door? He'll sign somewhere but a 37 year old problem child (who can hit falling out of bed) can't be looking for 6 year deals. Maybe Japan is an option...

Last night I watched a program on Comcast Sportsnet "Manny being Manny - Last Days in Boston" and although I am now embarrassed at starting this thread (with such an emotional charge no less), at the time I had no idea how bad it was behind the scenes. Even the speaker said that everyone thought the fight with Youk was a heat-of-the-moment one time thing.

In the day, from my reclining easy-chair, Manny was radical entertainer. Who'd a thunk it was that bad? Pretty obvious, I didn't.

Archived