8.9.08 Vasa Park

Guest rowjimmy

Yeah.... don't remind me.... after hearing all about this one... I've been sick to my stomach for days that I missed it.....

No worries Herdy, we can certainly make up for your loss at Nokia in November and you should plan on doin Vasa next August so you don't miss out again!!!!!!!!

Peace Bro.. Keep an eye open for Vasa pictures shortly.

Alex911sc

• Forum MVP
The Zen Riders of the Purple Tricksters were jammin. Barraco played WS Wallcott Medicine Show,

listening to this yesterday off of rock of ages (band fans- this is a must have!! http://www.amazon.com/Rock-Ages-Band/dp/B00005B4GB) and i remembered reading that barracco and the tricksters played it recently... and one of the lyrics really struck me as very grateful dead-esque...

"Once you get it

You can't forget it"

i think that describes our situation pretty well...

just a shout..."I AM HOME IN CA!!!!"

thank you to everyone of ya'll with whom my flow merged {did i spell <--that right?} while on my east coast jaunt this past couple weeks....

for those of ya'll coming to the Fillmore {and other points west} this autumn, be sure to connect with me when plans are solidified...

due to the location of where i am posting on this thread...i truly dug this show!!! dancing dancing DANCING!!! {even if it sloped a bit towards th stage AND the constant clouds of cigarette nastiness AND the non-dancing, drinking meatheads [i KNOW I KNOW, THEY REALLY ARE DANCING, I JUST CAN'T SEE IT]}....this place was beautiful :) :) :) it was great to connect with everyone {incl. Rob, Kevin, Lisa}...granted, Ride Mighty High would've been tops, tho FYI, i did have it BlAsTiNg at the car before pulling out....the drive back to CT, where i was house-sitting was smooth and in the flow {thanks vince & steve for precise directions}...

oh, for those who DO care, Ratdog a few nites later at Jones Beach was SMOKING...even tho it seemed i was the ONLY one of us all out dancing in the aisles {and EVERYWHERE i could}....

well, until soonest*

peace

ciao

• Forum MVP

well the video is from the wickedpumpkin... i guess that answers the questions surrounding the legitimacy of the video for sale on their web site...

(keep in mind youtube quality just sucks, the dvd is probably much better)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

I had sent twicked pumkin 13 bucks for the dvd ,just got the check back today .The guy , Warren Peace said there were copy right issues so he couldn't sell it . I think it was pretty good of him to get the checks back out in the mail .Too bad about the dvd. Peace---- Steve

• Forum MVP

Ok, got it back today! for those interested in the matter, or are also waiting for their money back, this is the letter:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Unfortunately the Mighty High Festival DVD is in a copyright bind. I am not allowed to sell it. Strangely I was allowed to videotape, edit, upload to the net, and send a copy to the mightyhigh.com. I suspect they are going to make copies of it and sell it. The whole thing is available to in three parts on youtube under the name "wickedpumpkin." I am returning your money. I apologize for any problems this has caused. If you still want a copy of the dvd, please visit the websites below. (darkstarorchestra.net, thenewriders.com, zentricksters.com, themightyhigh.com)

Thank You,

Warren Peace

Wickedpumpkin.net

• 3 months later...

Sorry to revive an old topic but I just joined these boards and I have to say this one the greatest shows I've ever attended. Unbelievable setlist and playing. Wonderful weather. An AWESOME venue -- it was in the woods practically! My father first took me to a DSO show back in 2002 when I was 14. I surely felt the magic, but I was a bit too young to 'get on the bus' at that point. This past year or two I sorta swung back into the dead full force. I went with my dad to this show (first time together at a show in years) -- sharing a joint with him and dancing all day -- somethin' ill never forget! That Help> Slip> Franklin was just incredible.

Thank you DSO!

• Forum MVP
... Unbelievable setlist and playing. Wonderful weather. An AWESOME venue -- it was in the woods practically! My father first took me to a DSO show back in 2002 when I was 14. I surely felt the magic, but I was a bit too young to 'get on the bus' at that point. This past year or two I sorta swung back into the dead full force. I went with my dad to this show (first time together at a show in years) -- sharing a joint with him and dancing all day -- somethin' ill never forget! That Help> Slip> Franklin was just incredible.

Thank you DSO!

It don't get any better than that, does it?! :dsorocks:

Archived