8.9.08 Vasa Park

Guest rowjimmy

Guest rowjimmy

What a wonderful time our crew had. The venue was laid out nicely, clean and the weather was fantastic. Grate to see so many friends and a huge crowd in attendance.

If someone remembers the set list please post.

Peace

What a wonderful time our crew had. The venue was laid out nicely, clean and the weather was fantastic. Grate to see so many friends and a huge crowd in attendance.

If someone remembers the set list please post.

Peace

Couldnt have said it better myself! Beautyful weather, Excellent venue and even better friends gathering together to celebrate the passing of Uncle Jerry with such wonderful music! Nice to see Steve, Torin, The Darby's, Kimberly, Vin Manzo, Vegas and Prescott! Oh and Jeagan, Nice to finally meet you sir!

Mr. Eaton, Mr. Koritz, Ms. Makey and the rest of DSO and Crew.. THANK YOU AGAIN FOR A WONDERFUL TIME!!!!

Perkins wasnt so bad either Jimmy!!!! Burp.... LOL

Pictures are forthcoming... (Oh, and Gerald "Chief" , YOU ROCK BUDDY!)

Peace,

Alex91sc

what a magical day! from the 8 shows I saw this tour, this was #1.

setlist is very fuzzy but here's a go, and maybe others can help out:

US Blues

Ramble on Rose

Big Iron

Cumberland Blues\

Masterpiece

Help

Slip

Franklins

help please??????????

I cannot put the order of the 2nd set together but it included all of the following: NFA, Dark Star (2nd verse), Estimated Prophet, Alligator, Drums, WRS, Let it Grow, Sing me Back home (sacred), GDTRFB (YAY thank you!), NFA

Filler: Waiting for a miracle, How Sweet it is

And to complete the already perfect night, Barraco sat in with the Tricksters for several songs and Lisa sang White Rabbit and I'll Be With Thee!!!!!!!!

Got my GDTRFB for my 1st show and last show this tour :) Lost my phone during the course of the evening and some kind person actually made an effort to locate me by calling my folks who then called Lauren who called chuck to tell me!

Words cannot express my gratitude for having this in my life! Thank you DSO, have a wonderful, relaxing break.

xoxo

Lisa

• Forum MVP

US Blues

Greatest

Ramble On

BigIron>

Cumberland

CosmicCharlie

Masterpiece

Built To Last

LazyLightnin

Help>

Slip>

Frank

NFA>

Estimated>

DarkStar (second verse)>

Alligator>

Drumz>

WRS>

Let It Grow>

SingMeBack>

Alligator>

GDTRFB>

NFA

Waiting for a Miracle

How Sweet it is

beautiful show, magical day, lovely set up in the park, tremendous first set, high-flyin HelpSlipFrank to end set one was perfect. Very nice Sing Me and Goin down the road!! Love the shows when every direction you turn there's a familar face smiling at you! Emotional double Jerry encore for his passing. Miss you Jerry.

now its time to hit the road up into the adirondaks for tonight's Saranac Lake !!

I am honored to be from New Jersey after that fabulous festival that Ely put together. I want to thank him for doing a spectacular job. We actually got lost getting there which is ironic as hell since it is actually the closest venue to my home that has ever been. Increased the anticipation of the whole day. New Riders were lots of fun, great warm up for what was to come, (Rob joined them on drums). During their set I was walking around seeing old friends, current star heads and new friends. Had alittle vegan pad thai for lunch, not too shabby. I brought my friend from home Karen who doesn't like the Dead, was a metalhead in the 80's. She wanted to come becasue she knows how much I love this music. I was sceptical that she would not dig the scene, so she brought her own car and didn't purchase the VIP ticket.

The venue was perfect, a small little park with a more than adequate stage. A pavillion sat back a couple of hundred feet. Picnic tables were scattered, merchandise around the perimeter. The weather was the best. Once again proud to be from New Jersey. Not sure how many people were there, maybe 2000. Not at all crowded, plenty of space.

DSO had more energy than I have seen. The first set was mind blowing. Another old friend from high school that I convinced to go said after the first set, " So how long will they play after they come back from the break." I said about 2 more hours. He was stumped. He was so impressed that he couldn't stop saying enough about how well rehearsed, talented, full of energy on and on and on, they are.

Lisa Cat the set list you posted was a great try but allot is missing. not that I think I could do any better. Where is Torripedia when you need him. Stephen will get on it when I'm done if someone hasn't beat us to it. The Cosmic Charlie, Brown Eyed Woman ???, Lazy Lightening/Supplication, all in the first set, ( there was a Built to Last in there too). Unbeleivable! Second set is difficult for me to be specific about. Let me say that last Friday in Utica they did the first verse of Dark Star, last night they did the second. Weather Report Let It Grow always one of my favorites. Not Fade Away into Estimated. The drums were very special, Johnny Markowski from The Riders and the drummer from the Tricksters came out, sorry I don't knoiw his name. . Amazing. Sing Me Back Home put tears in my eyes, I was touched by an angel during that one. Alligator was sick, I couldn't hear Barraco that well but then I am always finding myself up front. Not always the best place to be for good sound. Didn't matter much I sang along. The sound system was nice, thanks Ely.

The Zen Riders of the Purple Tricksters were jammin. Barraco played WS Wallcott Medicine Show, New Potato Caboose, White Rabbit with our Lisa siging her heart out, I'll Be With Thee, again with Lisa, Folsom Prison Blues and off he went. They continued to play, highlights for me was China Cat/Rider, Mission, Take a Letter Maria with Rob from he new Riders playin bass and singing. Michael Forenzano came out and did some tunes too, I wish I could remember, Mama Tried maybe. The second set closed with The Other One, One More Saturday Night. Encore was St. Stephen/The Eleven into Dew. Plenty of dancing room nice and cool, food was not so good. They ended at midnight. I am one tired soul today. "My old buddy your moving much too slow."

My friend Karen stayed for the whole damn thing someone gave her a VIP ticket. She danced liked no one was looking and she is on the phone this morning talking about getting on the bus. She wants to go to Saranac. Cannot do, too far.

So again thank you DSO for all you give. You are the best! Thank you Ely again can't wait for the Second Annual Mighty High Festival. I was a success. Ely gave a speech before DSO came on stage about his love for the Dead, it was sweet.

How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You, Kris (See you all at Grateful Fest!) Jersey was rocking.

[quote name='dancin on a pin' date='Aug 10 2008, 10:03 AM' post='57425'

My friend Karen stayed for the whole damn thing someone gave her a VIP ticket. She danced liked no one was looking and she is on the phone this morning talking about getting on the bus. She wants to go to Saranac. Cannot do, too far.

Kris...I had such a blast dancing with Karen, and yes she should really join the bus :)

Guest darbysdad

That Vasa Park...Well It Was One Sweet Place To Be Jammin' With Our Favorite Band

Such A mellow,Mellow Vibe Going On All Day.

The Viking Folk Made Mean Rum And Cokes....We Should Go Back There Soon.

P.S.

Vince And Sue,

Well Wishes On The Next Leg Of Your Life Trip...You Guys Deserve It

P.S.

Sick,Sick,Help/Slip/Franklin's

Guest jeagan
Couldnt have said it better myself! Beautyful weather, Excellent venue and even better friends gathering together to celebrate the passing of Uncle Jerry with such wonderful music! Nice to see Steve, Torin, The Darby's, Kimberly, Vin Manzo, Vegas and Prescott! Oh and Jeagan, Nice to finally meet you sir!

Mr. Eaton, Mr. Koritz, Ms. Makey and the rest of DSO and Crew.. THANK YOU AGAIN FOR A WONDERFUL TIME!!!!

Perkins wasnt so bad either Jimmy!!!! Burp.... LOL

Pictures are forthcoming... (Oh, and Gerald "Chief" , YOU ROCK BUDDY!)

Peace,

Alex91sc

finally found this post nice meeting u guys too

1st place: Second that Emotion one of my top 5 all timers and 1st time seeing DSO do it

Runner up: Alligator amazing, kudoos to Rob B

honorable mention: Sing me Back Home always up there

and thanks from me to Buddy Cage and David Nelson for resurrecting NRPS

J Dawson notwithstanding

Man we had a blast, the first set was crazy. It was so cool to see everyone, at such a nice peaceful place.

We were so glad that we had that tournament to bowl, otherwise we would have missed this awesome little festival. Its already on the calendar for next summer.

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their summer

November can't get here fast enough, I miss DSO already.

What a wonderful day. The Zen Tricksters ENCORE of St. Stephen>The Eleven>Morning Dew summed up the overflowing generosity of the entire day. The 4 drummers together, Ramble On Rose, How Sweet It Is, Help on the Way, Mission in the Rain, White Rabbit, Unbroken Chain, The Other One, Alligator, Dark Star...wonderful music, wonderful people in attendance. The food offered at the VIP buffet was bad, so thanks to NWNJ Steve for helping us find some decent food to eat at that moment.

What a wonderful day. The Zen Tricksters ENCORE of St. Stephen>The Eleven>Morning Dew summed up the overflowing generosity of the entire day. The 4 drummers together, Ramble On Rose, How Sweet It Is, Help on the Way, Mission in the Rain, White Rabbit, Unbroken Chain, The Other One, Alligator, Dark Star...wonderful music, wonderful people in attendance. The food offered at the VIP buffet was bad, so thanks to NWNJ Steve for helping us find some decent food to eat at that moment.

josh from create a vibe said they would work on the food for next year.

here's his post fr gotv board

"As far as the food during the happy hour, I know there were veggy friendly options there, I dont remember what, but we always go out of our way to make sure of that. I do not eat meat, nor do several of the Create A Vibe family. I appologize if you missed out. Our crew got stretched pretty thin by that point, the food staff had been working straight since 8AM, and everyone got pulled to deal with making sure everyone got out safely, arranging rides for folks that needed help, and trying to organize things. I promise you that this was just the beging, we have a lot more in store for next year. "

josh and eli are VERY GOOD PEOPLE!!!

Yeah.... don't remind me.... after hearing all about this one... I've been sick to my stomach for days that I missed it.....

you know-someone said it was because you don't do shows in jersey. however, didn't i see you in atlantic city?????

B)

• Advisory Board
you know-someone said it was because you don't do shows in jersey. however, didn't i see you in atlantic city?????

B)

I will do shows in NJ, I just prefer not to..... everytime I cross the Deleware Memorial Bridge, my ass puckers up and my knuckles turn white.... ugh....

The stars weren't aligned right for me to make that trip last Saturday... the gods are against me...

Archived