Gear Forum

Guest rowjimmy

Guest DEAD HEAD
He is so loving it and believe it or not, but is being very respectful with the volume of his amp. He plays everyday, visits tons of guitar sites, and is really showing me something. I contacted about 5 different guitar teachers in the area, all offer a free lesson, so that we can find the right fit for him. There's even a teacher who regularly plays with Yonder Mountain when they're in town. Get this...he's not watched any TV since the electric guitar came home!

Playing everyday and No TV , that is saying something ... Jonah has the fever !!! Rock On Little Musician Brother ... :)

Guest DEAD HEAD
Just seeing this forum for the first time.

A quick answer to your question about my drums. At the time I was ready to step up in quality, I wanted a Gretsch kit SO BAD! Only problem was, they weren't seeling any lacquer kits, because of problems with the EPA. I didn't want a wrapped kit, so I waited, and waited, and waited. After about a year, they still weren't back online with Lacquered kits, or there was a year long waiting list, or something. I was at my local shop, Drum Headquarters, and a rep came in with a GMS 10" tom. I loved the look, sound, everything, and to boot, the shell was made by the same company who makes Gretsch shells.

Bought a full kit. It was everything I wanted, for any situation I was playing in. Perfect. Bought a few more, became and endorser and the rest as they say...............

Right on Rob !!! Thanks for the reply... I love watching you pound on those skins Brother...See you in Princeton NJ... :dsorocks:

Guest rowjimmy
He is so loving it and believe it or not, but is being very respectful with the volume of his amp. He plays everyday, visits tons of guitar sites, and is really showing me something. I contacted about 5 different guitar teachers in the area, all offer a free lesson, so that we can find the right fit for him. There's even a teacher who regularly plays with Yonder Mountain when they're in town. Get this...he's not watched any TV since the electric guitar came home!

That's a great idea for Jonah to try out a few different teachers to see who is the most inspiring for him. I am glad he is enjoying it so far.

Peace

Guest rowjimmy
Just seeing this forum for the first time.

A quick answer to your question about my drums. At the time I was ready to step up in quality, I wanted a Gretsch kit SO BAD! Only problem was, they weren't seeling any lacquer kits, because of problems with the EPA. I didn't want a wrapped kit, so I waited, and waited, and waited. After about a year, they still weren't back online with Lacquered kits, or there was a year long waiting list, or something. I was at my local shop, Drum Headquarters, and a rep came in with a GMS 10" tom. I loved the look, sound, everything, and to boot, the shell was made by the same company who makes Gretsch shells.

Bought a full kit. It was everything I wanted, for any situation I was playing in. Perfect. Bought a few more, became and endorser and the rest as they say...............

Rob -

How do you feel about the newer electronic drum kits? Are they a novelty or do you think have a place as a main source of percussion - replacing a traditional set of drums?

Peace

Guest DEAD HEAD
Rob -

How do you feel about the newer electronic drum kits? Are they a novelty or do you think have a place as a main source of percussion - replacing a traditional set of drums?

Peace

I think electric kits are an awesome addition and can create some crazy cool drum sounds ,great for practice as you can plug in headphones and pound away but probably wont replace a traditional drum kit...

Rob,I would like to hear your take on this also...

Guest rowjimmy

Hey Mike, I forgot to mention to you that almost every Tuesday night, there are open Blues sessions at Mexicali Blues in Teaneck. A bit of a ride for you but you would certainly get some work if you wanted to.

Guest DEAD HEAD
Hey Mike, I forgot to mention to you that almost every Tuesday night, there are open Blues sessions at Mexicali Blues in Teaneck. A bit of a ride for you but you would certainly get some work if you wanted to.
Thanks Jim,I would like to check that out , maybe over the winter when my work slows down a bit .

• 3 weeks later...
Guest DEAD HEAD

Jim , it seems that we lost Rob on this one ... we need to think of a way to attract the band members over here to answer these questions ... I see there is another thread/post asking the drummers some really good questions about heads and tuning ... very interesting stuff to a fellow drummer / deadhead / starhead...

Guest rowjimmy

Life on the road is grueling. Although Mr. Eaton stops by regularly, don't always count on a reply from a band member but consider it a gift if it happens. I would imagine that there will be a post at some point in the future.....don't look out the window waiting for the mailman though... :P

Peace

Guest DEAD HEAD
Life on the road is grueling. Although Mr. Eaton stops by regularly, don't always count on a reply from a band member but consider it a gift if it happens. I would imagine that there will be a post at some point in the future.....don't look out the window waiting for the mailman though... :P

Peace

Where is that darn mailman... :P:D:)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest captain420

Here is some cool youtube vids of some guy interviewing Mark McGuinn and AJ (Bob's guitar tech for Ratdog)

The videos give some insight on bob's new rig and talks about his guitars...

Here is some cool youtube vids of some guy interviewing Mark McGuinn and AJ (Bob's guitar tech for Ratdog)

The videos give some insight on bob's new rig and talks about his guitars...

grate vids thanks alot very cool nice to see those guitars up close plus AJ is always real cool when you see him at shows always willing to give you some time

• Band Member
grate vids thanks alot very cool nice to see those guitars up close plus AJ is always real cool when you see him at shows always willing to give you some time

just seeing this one. sorry. Here is my take on electronic kits. Great for practice, great to supplement a kit. great for triggering sounds. Being a little bit old school, I don't like them as a substitiute for an acoustic kit. I understand theat they are very practical for say, a wedding band drummer. He/she can get so many sounds that fit all of the styles of music they are playing. I just am not a big fan of going out solely electronic. Same thing for percussion, although I have done some gigs with nothing but a handsonic. That was really due to space constraints on the stage. Not my first choice. Once again, I think they can add a TREMENDOUS amount to what we are already working with, but I don't see tham as a replacement.

Archived