Crystal Bay 9-30-08

chuckvegas

• Forum MVP

Sources say:

Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, NY (Wednesday, 3/23/94)

First Set

Shakedown Street

Little Red Rooster

Row Jimmy

El Paso+

Might As Well ->

Promised Land

Second Set

China Cat Sunflower ->

I Know You Rider

Women Are Smarter

So Many Roads

Truckin' ->

Drums ->

Space ->

I Need A Miracle ->

Standing on the Moon ->

Good Lovin'

E: US Blues

Filler: Greatest Story, Don't Let Go

• Forum MVP

wow 94 !! haven't seen that year performed in quite some time!

So Many Roads, SOTM, China>Rider, Shakedown in the same show.....what more could you ask for !??!?! holy crap!

can't wait for tomorrow to arrive!!!

• Forum MVP
Damn, Mr Vegas, you are too fast for me!

Just got home (actually to work) and was going to post.

One note: Rob Eaton played Acoustic Guitar on El Paso.

Smokin' show (of course)!

wow!!! tr made it! good to hear!! :cheers:

Well I would have loved to have been there but at least I was at the 94 show. My only might as well. I loved this show. The first of the 5 night run. Hey, as I know there are some open minded heads out there that would take a few minutes to stream 3/27/94 from later on in the run. This was one of my fav shows of all time. The other one> morning dew will do you right....I promise.....peace ty

• Forum MVP

S W E E T Setlist, must have been an awesome show. This band never ceases to amaze me. Can't wait for Buffalo. keep playing the Mega-Millions here and holding onto my dollar lottery tickets and a dream of touring with DSO and people like Chuck Vegas!

Guest DEAD HEAD
S W E E T Setlist, must have been an awesome show. This band never ceases to amaze me. Can't wait for Buffalo. keep playing the Mega-Millions here and holding onto my dollar lottery tickets and a dream of touring with DSO and people like Chuck Vegas!
Me too ... :)

wow 94 !! haven't seen that year performed in quite some time!

When was the last time they performed a '94 show? In an interview I saw Rob K. said that they don't often perform years past '92 for a number of reasons. In any event, they picked a good one here. A short first set, but a great second set list. I agree that So Many Roads and Standing in the same set is huge.

• Forum MVP

Note - Weir played acoustic on El Paso at the original show, so Eaton was sticking to the thematic musical verite tradition we all know and love.

Caveat - I actually wasn't at Crystal Bay (damn the day job these days...gotta re-rethink priorities) but I figured inquiring minds other than my own would find such a late GD show to be very interesting... :D

See y'all in SF!

Yes I was at 3/27 and that Morning Dew was one of my favorites ever! David Gans listed it as one of the best ever as I remember hearing a while back. I sort of remember the PA going out during the beginning of set 2 and they coming out and playing a SMOKIN' Samson!

Well I would have loved to have been there but at least I was at the 94 show. My only might as well. I loved this show. The first of the 5 night run. Hey, as I know there are some open minded heads out there that would take a few minutes to stream 3/27/94 from later on in the run. This was one of my fav shows of all time. The other one> morning dew will do you right....I promise.....peace ty

Tbones.....was at the original show myself.....was a veryyy nice one for '94. Shoot me a PM or email....I've got a sickkk DSBD of the 3/27/94 show if you'd like to get a copy....peace :dsorocks:

Tbones.....was at the original show myself.....was a veryyy nice one for '94. Shoot me a PM or email....I've got a sickkk DSBD of the 3/27/94 show if you'd like to get a copy....peace :dsorocks:

yeah buddy!!!! I will do that. Ive got the 28th which is a great show as well...but Ive never had the 27th complete....While we are on the 94 topic. The last boston show which was 14 years ago today 10/3/94 was a super crazy show. Ive always thought that it would be a great show for DSo to play. Im sure many would be fooled and think it was a original considering the wild second set......peace

Finally at a computer. It's been a great run out here in the promised land. Loved the show in Tahoe, seeing Taper Ron was fabulous. I absolutely love what Healy is doing. The bass is earth shattering. Somewhere in San Francisco actually outside of Santa Cruz, right now and needing to catch the sun before heading to the show tonight. Thank you DSO for a wonderful evening.

Guest cheesusfreak
yeah buddy!!!! I will do that. Ive got the 28th which is a great show as well...but Ive never had the 27th complete....While we are on the 94 topic. The last boston show which was 14 years ago today 10/3/94 was a super crazy show. Ive always thought that it would be a great show for DSo to play. Im sure many would be fooled and think it was a original considering the wild second set......peace

10.3.94 setlist:

Touch Of Grey > Beat It On Down The Line ; Loose Lucy ; Little Red Rooster ; Childhood's End ; Dire Wolf ; Black Throated Wind (1) ; Bird Song

Two Box Of Rain [4:48] ; Shakedown Street [16:28] ; Cassidy [7:43] > Goin' Down The Road Feeling Bad [8:05] > Drums [13:#31] > Space [8:39] > The Wheel [4:57] > All Along The Watchtower [6:19] > Attics Of My Life [4:23] > Around And Around [8:29]

Encore Brokedown Palace [4:43]

Yea, DSO would tear that setlist up! Of course, what Dead show don't they???????????

Archived