Filmore 10/2/08 Set List

Guest deadheadmike

Guest DEAD HEAD

I know its only 6:25 on the Left Coast , but i'm going through DSO withdrawel ...PLEASE give me a fix .... :dsorocks:

A little edit to put the set list on top for everyone ...

Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles, CA (10/15/76)

Might As Well

Mama Tried

Row Jimmy

It's All Over Now

Loser

New Minglewood Blues

Bertha

Lazy Lightnin'

Supplication

Sugaree

Promised Land

Eyes of the World

Music Never Stopped

It Must Have Been the Roses

Samson and Delilah

He's Gone

drums

The Other One

Comes a Time

Franklin's Tower

Sugar Magnolia

extra encore: Liberty and Masterpiece

10-15-76 Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles, Ca

1: Might As Well, Mama Tried, Row Jimmy, All Over Now, Loser, Minglewood, Bertha, Lazy Lightning> Supplication, Sugaree, Promised

2: Eyes> Music, Roses, Samson, He's Gone> Drums> Other One> Comes A Time> Franklin's> Sugar Magnolia

extra encore: Liberty and masterpiece

It was a tropical steam sauna in there. So much for AC or any air movement at all. The show was rockin start to finish...Barely came up for air. The filler was extra sweet with a little extra space to dance...

How sweet it was!!! I'll mention how melodic the bass was to my ear~lovin' every note if it. Ooohh la la---might as well. YOU might as well, Mama, the show was only missing you, Mama mia. Wish you were here. "they're high steppin' into town..." Love,love,lovexoxoxo

How sweet it was!!! I'll mention how melodic the bass was to my ear~lovin' every note if it. Ooohh la la---might as well. YOU might as well, Mama, the show was only missing you, Mama mia. Wish you were here. "they're high steppin' into town..." Love,love,lovexoxoxo

It was a GREAT show!!! Regarding the bass--yes Kevin was excellent and this time he was mixed just right. The last show I saw at the fillmore, Kevin was turned up WAY too high. I like a great bass line as much as the next guy, but it was annoyingly loud on that night. Someone else on this forum said the same thing. Last night, the performance was perfect, and so was the sound. Thanks Dan Healy!!!!

There were many highlights, but for me "Comes a Time" was the pinnacle!! John's guitar and vocals were sublime!!

Thanks DSO!!!

wow that looks awesome. Wish I could be there these next 2 nights. Have a blast , looking forward to the Nokia Run...

It was a GREAT show!!! Regarding the bass--yes Kevin was excellent and this time he was mixed just right. The last show I saw at the fillmore, Kevin was turned up WAY too high. I like a great bass line as much as the next guy, but it was annoyingly loud on that night. Someone else on this forum said the same thing. Last night, the performance was perfect, and so was the sound. Thanks Dan Healy!!!!

There were many highlights, but for me "Comes a Time" was the pinnacle!! John's guitar and vocals were sublime!!

Thanks DSO!!!

Guest riograndio

yow! i was one of the picky heads who felt the bass was too much at the fillmore last time... i'll be there tonight and tomorrow, yow!

Thanks DSO!!!

• Forum MVP

After just over 11 hours of travel i finally made it! San Fran! couldn't believe i was actually there the whole weekend.

after meeting up with James, we made it in during the Loser. instantly, i could feel the roots of the Fillmore and whole Dead history in frisco. I was extremely surprised to see Mason there!! very cool surprise right off the bat.

this show was probably the most amazing of all three nights. the Bertha, the Sugaree, the Eyes>Music, the Roses, everything was just played with typical DSO Power. Comes>Franklins was probably the highlight of my dso experience thus far. absolutely jaw-dropping.

the Liberty & Masterpiece both had really high-peaking jams for those tunes!

Guest mclutter

I know DSO doesn't create a Dead show note for note, but...did DSO do that killer transition from Comes a Time>Franklins that was the highlight of the original show for me?

Looking forward to the Northwest run!!!

Epic, epic Eyes. Transportation to another realm courtesy of the wings a mile long...

yeah that eyes might be the highlight for me of the 6 Ca shows I saw. It had the '76 sound for sure....It was a treat on thurs to have some breathing room. I really feel that DSO has outgrown the fillmore...at least on fridays and saturdays. It would be refreshing to have a new bay area venue that is bigger, its really hard to function properly in such a tight space.....The Henry Fonda is my new favorite venue, Ihope it worked for the band so they may go back there again...peace

• Forum MVP
... its really hard to function properly in such a tight space.....The Henry Fonda is my new favorite venue, Ihope it worked for the band so they may go back there again...peace

Totally agree about the dancer's dilemma. :icon14: Love the Fillmore for what it represents and what it is, and it has been interesting over the past 3 or 4 years watching the crowds there swell for DSO's runs. Same seems true for GAMH. One thought (probably not the best, but I think it could be interesting) comes to mind - cross the Bay over to the Kaiser.

And the Henry Fonda was just about perfect. It comes close to rivaling my personal fav - the McDonald in Eugene. Put speakers in the Fonda's lobby and it will be bliss. And I did love the Canyon Club, too. It was comfy with great air flow and tons of room to spin away on nice thick carpet. And then there's the great outdoors...

dance.sm.jpeg

Archived