Fillmore 10/4/08

Guest riograndio

Guest riograndio

your aging reporter-without-notes returns with an imprecise glimpse of what those around me felt sure was an original setlist. again i left just as the encore began so didn't confirm that. this was a f-ing outrageous show! Aaaahhhh!

Help on the way

Slipknot

Feel like a stranger

Cold rain and snow

Cassidy

Touch of gray

Lost sailor

Saint of circumstance

Box of rain

Here comes sunshine

Alligator

Dark star

St. Stephen

Weather report I

Let it grow ->

D/S

Days between

-> Let it grow

Throwin stones

Not fade away

The weight

• Forum MVP

Help>

Slip

Stranger

Cold Rain

Cassidy

Next Time you See Me

H C Sunshine

Sailor

Saint

Box

Touch

Alligator>

D Star>

Stephan

Weather Report Part I

Let it Grow>

D>S

Spanish Jam>

Grow

Days Between

T Stones

NFA

Weight

Pretty sure the order on that is right...The Next Time could be one later but...

That Days Between really floored me..My fave latter day Garcia/Hunter masterpiece...The whole show was very sick...Here Comes Sunshine.....wow! The Weather Report...stunning...great vibe in the house...Safe travels to one and all..Thanks to all DSO posse for doing what you do!

J

Guest skullcap

These musicians are fucking amazing. They really serve the songs and call down the heavy mojo.

But what the fuck was up with that Box of Rain???!!! :moon:

Great shows overall, but the big downside is SO many people choose to talk loudly enough to disturb people who want to listen. It is very upsetting and unfortunate. :cheers::icon13:

These musicians are fucking amazing. They really serve the songs and call down the heavy mojo.

But what the fuck was up with that Box of Rain???!!! :moon:

Great shows overall, but the big downside is SO many people choose to talk loudly enough to disturb people who want to listen. It is very upsetting and unfortunate. :cheers::icon13:

Hola

Great show last nite....moments of brilliance. Agree about the talkers...

2 questions. One, how do you really boogie with a 24oz beer in your hand!??

and 2. This was my first elective set. there were moments of total awe....alligator into Dark Star into St Stephen....but tell me, as an old deadhead, how do you shift gears? They go from RIPPIN totally pig inspired tunes into a mid 70's Donna oriented St Stephen. Not that that is bad, but why not finish and go into the eleven? Have they ever done that. The possibility of a run like that....with what these guys are capable of. What a band. I get such a kick out of them...and better yet, they take me elsewhere. Talk about gettin high on the music!

one man gathers what another man spills.............................

• Forum MVP
That Days Between really floored me..My fave latter day Garcia/Hunter masterpiece...The whole show was very sick...Here Comes Sunshine.....wow! The Weather Report...stunning...great vibe in the house...Safe travels to one and all..Thanks to all DSO posse for doing what you do!

J

:shakehandhug:

• Forum MVP

Personally I find these elective sets far more interesting than the recreations. Not that I'd opt for 100% elective, but a healthy percentage rocks. I was going to hit this show but backed out. My loss, as it would certainly have lit me up. Ah well, Great American in the Spring I trust!

• Forum MVP

a delicious Thai lunch and some time in GG Park made for a nice day pre-showtime. John A, all i can say is, you really shouldn't have backed out!! the third of three, we all knew an original was coming our way, and we certainly got one. some Nokia deja vu with the HelpSlipStranger which was an incredible way to start, and the Cold Rain !! DarkStar>Stephen>WRS>Grow was just perfect, everything flowed so nicely and tightly and with tremendous energy, incredible crowd at the Fillmore so i'm sure this helped the band out. the Spanish Jam>Let it Grow reprise blew me away, and the Days blew me even furthur away, and i love the DSO Stones>NFA closer!

this was a weekend beyond description! thanks a billion to Chuck and Lisa for the apartment flat! couldn't have been a better set-up. Mason, it awesome to see you again man, best of luck out on the road! Nantucket, James, Lisa, Chuck, Emma, words fail in trying to describe it all! Can't wait to see everyone again. ((NOKIA's)) Gary, Connie, Steve&Kris, Jordan i love you guys more than words can tell.

pics taken from the cell::

1002082127mm6.jpg

w640.png

from from 1345 house 4th floor balcony-->

1003080938bt2.jpg

w1280.png

Archived