Portland, Or -- 10/9

Blindman

10-30-77 Assembly Hall, Indiana U., Bloomington, In. (Sun)

1: Minglewood, TLEO, Mama Tried> Me & My Uncle, Tennessee Jed, Passenger, Candyman, Lazy Lightning> Supplication, Deal

2: Samson, Peggy-O, Playin> Other One> Drums> Wheel> Wharf Rat> Playin E: Johnny B. Goode

Filler: Terrapin > Around (?)

Guest Charles from Oregon

I can't speak for anyone else, but this was the best performance I have seen the band do.not that it was my favorite pick just the best playing, every time I see these guys and girl, I'm totally blown away by how much they have jelled together to make the best music even better. From the first notes of Minglewood to the last of Around and Around they were on fire. The sound was absolutely awesome, I was right by the soundboard and Healy was really getting into it. Tenn Jed was the best I have ever seen no doubt about it. The Terrapin tore the house down, with one cresendo after another. I was thinking damn I wish I could see these guys more, and I'm going to try and do that next year if at all possible. I wanted to go to the Eugene show so bad, but couldn't, then I find out they did BCT 11/3/84 which was one of my favorite bootleggs when I was just out of high school. I only saw them there 4 times but they were some of my favorite shows. Awesome Job DSO!!

funny, I saw Rob Borraco at a neighborhood breakfast place after the show told him Thanks!and I do mean that to all of you (fans included) Thanks again for making this music live on, so much fun! WOW! Is all I can say!

Charles

One of Eugene's local radio stations has Dead night on Weds. and after DSO's in town they throw down some of the show originally done by the Dead, it's soooo fun to hear it over again, last night they played the Lovelight and it took me right back to Sunday night!!!

It's at times like this I kinda wish I lived on the East Coast!!! So many shows..... ugh.

Smiles, emma

Archived