The Paegent

New York Steve

What a show!!!! The band was on fire right from the begining. It was great to get an original set for once in the city of blues!!! After looking at Deadbase it looks like they played songs from other Halloween shows that the Dead did. Looks like they picked at least one song from every show performed by the dead on Halloween. Went to the after party at BBS and saw jakes leg jam out- we are so lucky here in st.louis to have great Grateful Dead cover bands!!!! I saw Dave Casper at the darkstar show- he is the guitar player for Jakes Leg- looked like he was really enjoying the show- maybe taking notes for later shows they will perform. On my way out of BBS I saw Rob Eaton and thanked him for a great show- he seems like a really nice guy- he took time to say hi and shake my hand- I swear I will never wash that hand again (LOL) What a great night!!!

• Forum MVP
After looking at Deadbase it looks like they played songs from other Halloween shows that the Dead did. Looks like they picked at least one song from every show performed by the dead on Halloween.

I doubt they did this intentionally. They probably just played songs that go along with the pageant of Halloween and their vibe that night. Dark songs.

Like help>slip; lazy river road; lazy lightning; she belongs to me; shakedown; estimated; black peter...

My favorite halloween songs are loser, looks, d star and baby blue...my favorite dark set was the third one from 8/27/72 which had the D star>El Paso>Sing Me Back Home death trifecta.

• Forum MVP
I doubt they did this intentionally. They probably just played songs that go along with the pageant of Halloween and their vibe that night. Dark songs.

Like help>slip; lazy river road; lazy lightning; she belongs to me; shakedown; estimated; black peter...

My favorite halloween songs are loser, looks, d star and baby blue...my favorite dark set was the third one from 8/27/72 which had the D star>El Paso>Sing Me Back Home death trifecta.

Yep. Death don't have no mercy.

Guest crazy digits
What a show!!!! The band was on fire right from the begining. It was great to get an original set for once in the city of blues!!! After looking at Deadbase it looks like they played songs from other Halloween shows that the Dead did. Looks like they picked at least one song from every show performed by the dead on Halloween. Went to the after party at BBS and saw jakes leg jam out- we are so lucky here in st.louis to have great Grateful Dead cover bands!!!! I saw Dave Casper at the darkstar show- he is the guitar player for Jakes Leg- looked like he was really enjoying the show- maybe taking notes for later shows they will perform. On my way out of BBS I saw Rob Eaton and thanked him for a great show- he seems like a really nice guy- he took time to say hi and shake my hand- I swear I will never wash that hand again (LOL) What a great night!!!

It would not surprise me a bit with the amount of thought and time Eaton puts into putting these setlists together? I was at an April fools show in Madison one year and Eaton put together a first set of songs the GD did one time or another as an encore..it was really cool....assuming Eaton was putting the sets together at that time..Scott was still with us...but, nevertheless, Eaton puts a lot of time in before each tour..

Guest Rob Eaton

Although I pick the "set lists". I nor anyone else in the band chooses the "original" set lists. the closest we get is John and I asking each other who's turn it is to open before we walk on stage. No set list, no boundry, with the exception of the set list the night before and the following night. We truly play without a net!

• Forum MVP
Although I pick the "set lists". I nor anyone else in the band chooses the "original" set lists. the closest we get is John and I asking each other who's turn it is to open before we walk on stage. No set list, no boundry, with the exception of the set list the night before and the following night. We truly play without a net!

That just makes it even more sick!!!!!!!!!

:dsorocks:

It would not surprise me a bit with the amount of thought and time Eaton puts into putting these setlists together? I was at an April fools show in Madison one year and Eaton put together a first set of songs the GD did one time or another as an encore..it was really cool....assuming Eaton was putting the sets together at that time..Scott was still with us...but, nevertheless, Eaton puts a lot of time in before each tour..

The first 2 songs of the 5.19.07 Ram's Head show in Baltimore were "The Race Is On" & "Run For The Roses". The Preakness was run earlier that day. I love how they opened up w/ those two. A perfect beginning for a perfect show!

Peace,

Don

WV

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm dying for someone to post this show. I saw you there Charlie Brown. Grate costume. Unbelievable Easy Wind! I went to Spookstock the next night and The Schwag did Easy Wind too. I couldn't believe my ears!

Archived