Princeton

NJJohn

I toured like many of you heads did, and was always a little sceptical of cover bands after jerry passed. even bobby and phil have missed the mark on some of the shows i've been to in the last 10 years(sorry guys, i do love you sooo much though!!). it always seemed as though something was missing, like the vibe was gone, you know the one i am talking about...

so, we got to the show two songs into it and i was amazed at what i walked into!!! the vibe! everyone gettin' down, smilimg, warm and welcoming. it was just like those old days.

I wasn't at Princeton, but had the same thing happen last Thursday in Mass...found something I thought I'd never find again. I'm smiling just thinking about it. :D

Guest darbysdad

Sunflower And Tigger,

You Have Come To Experience What 95% Of Us On This Forum Have Found.

Nurture It,Relish It,Repeat It Over As Many Times As You Can

The Magic And Power Of The Grateful Dead Experience Is Alive Through This Band

Believe It Or Not

Guest crazy digits
greetings and blessings all, i just had to add my thoughts about the show sunday night. i was the mama with my babe in a sling and my older son. (easy to point us out as I don't believe there were ant other littles there!) but anyway, this was my first dso show and the first for my kids as well. I toured like many of you heads did, and was always a little sceptical of cover bands after jerry passed. even bobby and phil have missed the mark on some of the shows i've been to in the last 10 years(sorry guys, i do love you sooo much though!!). it always seemed as though something was missing, like the vibe was gone, you know the one i am talking about...

so, we got to the show two songs into it and i was amazed at what i walked into!!! the vibe! everyone gettin' down, smilimg, warm and welcoming. it was just like those old days. i was so impressed with dso. wow. and so blessed to have my five year old introduced to the music of the dead with that same vibe that made me drop everything and get on my friend's schoolbus to go sell veggie pasta on tour! I am so inspired, and every time I think about how they rocked the house I get chills down my spine. The magic is still there!!

The theater was great, and one of the women working the door even held my eldest so he could see the stage!Such a kind vibe... Thanks dso for pumping out the LOVE!!!

And thanks to the beautiful couple I talked with in the health food store the next day, you really helped me to see that the tribe is still out there and so is the music.

i got shown the light in princeton nj!!!Maybe i'll see some of y'all in wilmington DE.

Love and light~ Sunny xo

I think you were the Mom that I gave ear plugs to...cool, welcome to the show...these guys/gal are the real deal....see you in Wilmington. peace.

Guest sunflower
I think you were the Mom that I gave ear plugs to...cool, welcome to the show...these guys/gal are the real deal....see you in Wilmington. peace.

Yes!!! Thanks! I meant to thank you in my last post! :D I just ordered some really good earplugs today, and earmuffs for the babe. We'll all be able to enjoy the show a lot more next time(or at least mama can relax more!)

It truly is a blessing to be sharin' the love, can't wait to go to Wilm, good times!

love and blessings~sunny xo

And thanks to the beautiful couple I talked with in the health food store the next day, you really helped me to see that the tribe is still out there and so is the music.

i got shown the light in princeton nj!!!Maybe i'll see some of y'all in wilmington DE.

Love and light~ Sunny xo

Hey now, that would be Kelly and I. And you are so kind. Thank you so much for taking your time to come to the show with your beautiful children. It really meant a lot to me since our 5 year old was at home with Grams. I wont be in Delaware but we need to connect more. I am so glad that we could aid in any GD evolution that might have happened for you. Never let it go, it is a vessel to the most high...thank you so much for for being you and coming to the show....ty

Guest sunflower
Hey now, that would be Kelly and I. And you are so kind. Thank you so much for taking your time to come to the show with your beautiful children. It really meant a lot to me since our 5 year old was at home with Grams. I wont be in Delaware but we need to connect more. I am so glad that we could aid in any GD evolution that might have happened for you. Never let it go, it is a vessel to the most high...thank you so much for for being you and coming to the show....ty

it was great to connect and i do hope to boogie down with you guys at a show in the future....and bring your lil man, i am sure the boys would rage!! :D if you're ever in the PA/DE/MD area you have a place to stay.

love and blessings~

sunny xo

Guest kgreener

hey now, I finally got this show tracked out and uploaded to the Archive. i'm bummed i missed Mississippi and part of Roses, but other than a little chattiness at the start, i got the rest of it and i think it sounds pretty good :)

http://www.archive.org/details/dso2008-11-16.mstc.flac16

take care, and thanks to all for making this a real special night...

peace,

Keith

To Lay Me Down was soooo sweet...good job Keith,Thanks!!! :dsorocks:

omg-that "to lay me down" destroyed me!!!

i was the blithering, crying idiot about 10 rows back. my kitty had just passed away that afternoon and i was holding it together pretty well until they did that song.

it was certainly good to dance, though. i so needed that

see ya'll sat and sun

jill

i'm bummed i missed Mississippi and part of Roses, but other than a little chattiness at the start, i got the rest of it and i think it sounds pretty good :)

peace,

Keith

Many thanks to Keith for the upload!

Always so glad to see shows I attend surface. Really a shame for Keith to have missed the 1/2 step > roses, as I thought the transition was masterful. In fact, the show prompted me to go back and revisit the original, and while the original was phenomenal in many ways, certain aspects of this recreation truly point to the machine that DSO has become. That transition, along with the Sugar Mags > Scarlet segue, were so beautifully navigated by DSO .... Everyone paying attention and being thoughtful. Its a trump card.

I do recommend, however, that everyone check out the jam between LIG and US Blues on the DP. You could drive your car into a ditch listening to that.

Thanks again, Keith.

• Advisory Board
greetings and blessings all, i just had to add my thoughts about the show sunday night. i was the mama with my babe in a sling and my older son. (easy to point us out as I don't believe there were ant other littles there!) but anyway, this was my first dso show and the first for my kids as well. I toured like many of you heads did, and was always a little sceptical of cover bands after jerry passed. even bobby and phil have missed the mark on some of the shows i've been to in the last 10 years(sorry guys, i do love you sooo much though!!). it always seemed as though something was missing, like the vibe was gone, you know the one i am talking about...

so, we got to the show two songs into it and i was amazed at what i walked into!!! the vibe! everyone gettin' down, smilimg, warm and welcoming. it was just like those old days. i was so impressed with dso. wow. and so blessed to have my five year old introduced to the music of the dead with that same vibe that made me drop everything and get on my friend's schoolbus to go sell veggie pasta on tour! I am so inspired, and every time I think about how they rocked the house I get chills down my spine. The magic is still there!!

The theater was great, and one of the women working the door even held my eldest so he could see the stage!Such a kind vibe... Thanks dso for pumping out the LOVE!!!

Love and light~ Sunny xo

The bus came by and you got on..........again :)

Welcome aboard... see you in Wilmington!

• Forum MVP
....the whole MLB vs. heaven help the fool dilemma.....

Wow...this sounds as complicated as a bird watcher tring to sort out what varity of sparrow that is on the birdfeeder....

My only concern is....Can you spin to it ?

Peace and Love,

Doc

Guest DEAD HEAD
spent the afternoon here at the coal mine listening to this recording....what a damn good show. And the recording isn't too bad either.
I totally agree ... very very hot show and a good recording ...

• 4 weeks later...

Archived