Eaton/kadlecik

jaydee

Guest Mind Of A Squirrel
lets start a gearheads vibe on the healy dso thing pics thoughts and more

From what I've heard so far, Dan has brought quite a few tricks to the band. Things like those foot pads to drive the mics like they have for the old-fashioned automatic door openers.

It was odd seeing Dan Healy hovering over a laptop though. Our memories of Dan still live pretty much back in the old analog days. Guess he's still on the cutting edge, which is great!

It was odd seeing Dan Healy hovering over a laptop though. Our memories of Dan still live pretty much back in the old analog days. Guess he's still on the cutting edge, which is great!

I had the same thoughts. Little LED lights and computers!

Guest DEAD HEAD

Dan is on the job , he was right up on stage watching hot buttered rum break down and after they cleared the stage he watched very closely while the front of the stage was being set for DSO ... Dan Healy is a professional in every sense of the word...

This thread is titled "Eaton / Kadlecik gear - let's see it" although there's no guitars in here yet... why ? I live in Germany... I got to see DSO 3 times... I took a few fotos myself. I went through tons of older stage fotos and collected Eaton and Kadlecik with their different guitars. I could post those here. It's just that I'd be using other people's fotos. Or is it forbidden in general to show them ?

My question for Rob Eaton : what makes you pick a certain guitar for a concert ? Is it the era of the setlist you're recreating ? Or is it a personal decission of what you feel like that day ? You seem to play the 1976 Ibanez a lot. I was allowed to hold it for a moment at the Fabrik in Hamburg. That solid guitar is better for travelling than a delicate semi acoustic. But I really love your Modulus semi acoustic. I'd like to see a closeup foto of it here.

Peace

Gringo

Hello Gearheads

Here are some photos I collected around the internet. They're showing DSO members with their instruments. I don't remember anymore where I found those pictures and I cannot tell either, where they were taken and who took them. I appologize for that. In case it's inapropriate of me to post these pictures here I'm kindly asking the webmaster to delete them again. I'm posting them to make a start. I am sure there are many DSO fans who are interested in guitars - like me. I'm appealing to all of you to post more photos. Enlarge the photos for some information about the guitars.

Thanks and peace

Gringo :dsorocks:

link to the photos -> DSO gear

Guest captain420

THANKS for the pix...

I would like more info on Eaton's Custom Blackknife...looks SWEEET!!

gallery_292_115_14865.jpg

As far as the rig...I believe:

groovetube trio preamp

Ibanez ue405

Lexicon PCM effects processor

Behringer multicom compressors

Mesa Boogie preamp

Guest Mind Of A Squirrel
This thread is titled "Eaton / Kadlecik gear - let's see it" although there's no guitars in here yet... why ? I live in Germany... I got to see DSO 3 times... I took a few fotos myself. I went through tons of older stage fotos and collected Eaton and Kadlecik with their different guitars. I could post those here. It's just that I'd be using other people's fotos. Or is it forbidden in general to show them ?

You forgot my favorite JK guitar! (well, I wish he owned this one... ;) )

1euuma.jpg

Indeed a wonderful guitar. John was honored and got to play Jerry Garcia's Wolf. I knew he played it but I didn't save a photo so thanks a bunch for this one.

John also played a black guitar for part of a concert that looks like a Stratocaster / Doug Irwin hybrid. I add the picture to my gallery.

Gringo

Guest captain420
THANKS for the pix...

I would like more info on Eaton's Custom Blackknife...looks SWEEET!!

gallery_292_115_14865.jpg

As far as the rig...I believe:

groovetube trio preamp

Ibanez ue405

Lexicon PCM effects processor

Behringer multicom compressors

Mesa Boogie preamp

So that guitar is the Bob Weir series guitar....nice! Cocobolo top..

• 6 months later...

In the photos from Glen Allen 06/06/09 I see Rob Eaton playing his wonderful Modulus semi hollow custom again - that one of a kind endorser model. I'd really love to see some clear photos of that guitar, also closeups of details and read about the specifics...

• 2 weeks later...
look here

I didn't take it I didn't make it... it's from Grateful Fest 10 ...

That guitar is a Modulus Genesis 3ct custom built for him. I asked him once how he got it He just said they built it for him. It probably was a long expensive transaction they don't build those anymore for anyone. He is very lucky to have it. To me its his best sounding guitar. The other modulus looks to be pretty stock BW3? not sure of the model they made a few off those for sale in the early 90's again a very rare guitar and expensive. Ive also seen him play several other guitars, He did say once awhile ago that he would post info about the guitars and rack but He is busy I hope he gets around to it. JK also has a new rack it looks to be custom built wood boxes not sure though. Rob also has changed his rack around, He plays the Mesa rectifier pre and Mesa power amp as well instead of the Trio or studio Mesa and crest PA. There are pics of other sites like flicker and others with some good up close pics of the gear.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest tapestry
:o ... omg ....

John with unknown guitar

what is John playing there at the Furthur concert ?

I believe it is his custom CARVIN guitar. I talked with him about it at the gathering of the vibes a couple of years ago for a bit. He really loves it and I think it sounds great. We also talked about my modified IBANEZ musician guitar and some of the folks online who helped us all get that Jerry tone!

I would love to see John play a ressurection tribute or one of Jerry's guitars. I used to have dreams about being onstage at sound check and Jerry letting me play his rig. ----chills-----

peace!

I believe it is his custom CARVIN guitar.

It's not the Carvin that he's been playing for years now. That one has the tuners all on the upper/left side of the headstock. Looking at all the Photos from the Furthur concerts I think he used 3 different guitars. One is a neck-through-body construction with 2 P90 pickups, a symetric body shape and tuners 3/3. The 2nd one is the one in the picture I linked to and No. 3 is his well known Carvin.

Archived