Eaton/kadlecik

jaydee

Guest tapestry
It's not the Carvin that he's been playing for years now. That one has the tuners all on the upper/left side of the headstock. Looking at all the Photos from the Furthur concerts I think he used 3 different guitars. One is a neck-through-body construction with 2 P90 pickups, a symetric body shape and tuners 3/3. The 2nd one is the one in the picture I linked to and No. 3 is his well known Carvin.

right on Gringohh! I saw a bunch of pics from furthur with his carvin - i didnt notice the difference in that last pic! very interesting!

So did he use different guitars during furthur for different era jams?

EDIT TO SAY: someone just let me know that this guitar is a VANTAGE. Heres one on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vantage-600VS_W0QQitem...4#ht_500wt_1003

• 2 weeks later...
Guest deadheadmike
after more pics from the 3rd night came up there is another guitar .... what is John playing here ? LTD made by ESP

We're now at a total of 4 different guitars he used in 3 nights ....

_GYH3900.jpg

this one ... ESP LTD F50

Thats a good looking guitar ... I had to stop by the music store today to purchase some drum sticks and did something I never do , I went over to the guitar section to see if they had one of these and they did ... $259.00 I thought thats not much money for such a nice looking

guitar and almost bought it ... I bought over a $100.00 worth of sticks today and such a sweet little guitar for $259.00 and I'm sure I can talk them down a bit ... I tried guitar for a little bit in the 70's but it was just too much for me ... I was marching in a drum corps drum-line and taking private kit lessons , I wasn't in to guitar enough to make it work and with all the drummimg I had going on I couldn't give it the proper time ... but I got some time now ... maybe I'll go back tomorrow and at least talk to one of the fellas in the music store ....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guitarsforstars
:o ... omg ....

John with unknown guitar

what is John playing there at the Furthur concert ?

Guitar info:

Luthier- William Paul Jarowsky

Model- Timeless Timber Superior Classic (custom)

SR#- TTS 04

Year built- 1998

Inlay- Skeleton Scuba Diver (done by: Chris Hinton, the diver who recovered the log from the bottom of Lake Superior)

Wood- 700 year old Flamed Red Birch (recovered)

Pickups- Custom designed and hand wound by Seymour Duncan for this guitar

Status- Loan (we are in the process of building something custom for John per his specs)

Played on 9-19-2009 Furthur (Friend of the Devil, New Speedway Boogie, China Cat> I know you Rider)

website- www.WPaulGuitars.com

Guest guitarsforstars
Guitar info:

SR#- TTS 04

Year built- 1998

Inlay- Skeleton Scuba Diver (done by: Chris Hinton, the diver who recovered the log from the bottom of Lake Superior)

Status- Loan (we are in the process of building something custom for John per his specs)

Played on 9-19-2009 Furthur (Friend of the Devil, New Speedway Boogie, China Cat> I know you Rider)

I would post some pics for you guys, if I only knew how................

• Forum MVP
Guitar info:

SR#- TTS 04

Year built- 1998

wow, that's too cool! thanks for the info. Going to check out the website now!

Guest guitarsforstars
wow, that's too cool! thanks for the info. Going to check out the website now!

No sweat, let me know if you want more info, or to email you some nice pics of the guitar. It is very special! Sounded pretty awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! John really made it sing!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you have any interest let me know.

Guest deadheadmike
I would post some pics for you guys, if I only knew how................

If the pictures are on a web site you can post them by using the URL in the properties of the picture ... if the pictures are on your pc hard drive you can create an album here on the forum and upload the pictures from your hard drive and use the picture URL that the album assigns to it to post them in a thread ... so you would copy the URL and click on the picture icon that you see on the top of the reply box that we type replies in , backspace to wipe out the blue HTTP that appears in the box and paste the picture URL in place and click OK , preview your post to make sure it worked and then you can type in a caption or description ... it only took me about 2 months to figure it out LOL ...

wow wow wow ! awesome ! thanks a bunch for the footage on that guitar !

I have to say that finally we got this thread rolling ! I love it !

I'm always interested in different guitars, you know... everybody has a Fender or a Gibson (me too) but hybrids and customs are the shit ! alembic built some really cool stuff but those are so darn expensive...

I built my own hybrid... Fender Tele body with splitable neck-humbucker, Strat cable outlet and custom design pickguard... you can see it in my tiny avatar and it's in the center of my guitar gallery...

Gringo's guitar gallery

let the music never stop !

• 3 weeks later...

just to pass the info. john k is currently using a CAE sounds CB2 in his carvin and most likely the PRS, but know he has used the EMG JG1 and i believe a CB1. I have approached him about the tiger preamp clone, but he is content on what he has for know. which is totally cool. he sounds friggin great with whatever he plays, as all the guitars played at the First Furthur run shows. all of those guitars are not rigged up with preamps and definately do not have the OBEL. So, to mate easily with his jerry rig and those standard guitars he might be using the Hub Bub, for the interested.

http://www.rukind.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=334&t=5601

that's just a guess, but would make things simply plug and play then reworking his GCX audio switcher to have access to the effects.

peace,

waldo

• 1 month later...

here it is :

Rob Eaton's Modulus semi acoustic custom

gallery_292_115_58847.jpg

anybody got a picture with better colors ?

and... Rob ... we all know you're busy busy but we'd like to know a little bit more about this gemstone guitar... the pickups, the controls, the materials it is made of...

Archived