Lost Sailer>

Saint of Circumstance>

Drums/Space>

New Potato Caboose>

King Solomans Marbles

Terrapin>

Playn Reprise

Encores-Sing My Blues ,After Midnight, Sweet Sisters and Brothers

Ah Yes! its all coming back together now. Moments before the show started I turned to Jerry and said 'cold rain is always a good opener'. whole first set was really quite good. so good that I wasn't even able to find a bathroom break song. loved the BEW out of mama tried. definitely unexpected. The bird song was very reminiscent of the version from the concord set. the second set really blew me away....every time I thought I knew where there were going they would throw me through a loop in another direction. It wasn't until just now when I read the setlist that I noticed the lack of scarlet before fire..(it was just that smooth, eh?)..I feel very lucky that I've had the pleasure of seeing two 'elevens'. did anyone see all three? after midnight was the bomb and all in all it was a pretty fuckin awesome time. this tour has been a monster without a doubt (though haven't we been saying that for every tour? ;) )

can't wait to do it again.

and again...

1rst Set

Cold Rain and Snow

Jack Straw

Aiko

Greatest Story

Easy Wind

Run For The Roses

Mama Tried>

Brown Eyed Women

Beat It on Down The Line

Bird Sond

2nd Set

Play'n>

Fire on the Mountain>

William Tell Bridge

The Eleven>

Lost Sailer>

Saint of Circumstance>

Drums/Space>

New Potato Caboose>

King Solomans Marbles

Terrapin>

Playn Reprise

Encores-Sing My Blues ,After Midnight, Sweet Sisters and Brothers

I am still in shock from that performance last night!!

Let's see...some highlights was aiko, siant, tarrapin, drums>space or should I say EVERYTING!!!!!!

It was so great see you all last night...mike, frank it was so good so finally meet to you!

THANK YOU DSO FOR YET ANOTHER TRUELY AMAZING TIME :)

Nest stop penns peak...cant wait :)

peace and love

emily

great 20th show for me!! there most be something in the water in philly(or maybe it's the yiengling) but whatever it is they played fucking awesome, first set was the highlight for me. GSET was killer loved it when lisa was wailing!!! and holy shit william tell> the eleven omg!!

it was also my friends brothers first show and he was blown away, just another head consumed by the beautiful music DSO continues to let live on.

• Forum MVP
Hey Jersey Herdy, fired up????

Thats nwnjersey herdy the freakin magnificent bastard to you mr st. louis steve!!! loved being with you crazy mo*^)thER?+^ukers last night ,what a fun time to all had ,I get in the car to drive home & I can't get the setlist together but I can tell you what the dead played at a show 30 years ago that I was at ,go figure . Peace-- See you on the run --nwnj herdy steve

• Forum MVP
Thats nwnjersey herdy the freakin magnificent bastard to you mr st. louis steve!!! loved being with you crazy mo*^)thER?+^ukers last night ,what a fun time to all had ,I get in the car to drive home & I can't get the setlist together but I can tell you what the dead played at a show 30 years ago that I was at ,go figure . Peace-- See you on the run --nwnj herdy steve

Love you two, I can't imagine hanging with two better people, than you and Kris.

Btw, did you change your screen name??????? wtf???

• Forum MVP
Love you two, I can't imagine hanging with two better people, than you and Kris.

Btw, did you change your screen name??????? wtf???

I'm going to my lawyers today ,legally changing my name to herdy steve 2 becouse rumor has it that your the one.Move the hell back to the east coast buddy ,shows are sooo much better with you around!!!

• Forum MVP

Oh yes, the show...fantastic first set, one of the best I have seen. The second was, as Kris said, disjointed. the songs didn't seem to flow. Love the tato, william tell, 11, but they didn't seem to fit. Sometimes that happens with orginals, all and all a good show, love the community, the energy was great in the venue and

!@#$ing HERDY...

Guest Doctortrip

Hey Brothers and Sisters

Many apologies, I started another thread to post my review not realizing there was one already started. I posted a link to my blog if you want to give it a peak.

listening to the recording of this now while (trying to) get work done in the office and just from the opening notes in Cold Rain and Snow the energy just explodes......brought me right back. Might just need to close the door and dance around a bit :lol:

this may be another good candidate for the vine. Although hell at the rate this tour is going we'll just need a box set of all the electives ;)

now there's a vine like no other -a Box Set of DSO elective setlist shows! That'd be way cool.

well yes, but unfortunately I don't think that will be quite the case......just like we can't see them all, they can't release them all.........thrilled at least they are on the archive. I don't mind the audience recordings for the purpose of just hearing the show again. Joking aside- I do wish there were certain shows on the archive like the 10th anniversary (still one of the best IMO) and Vasa park to name a couple..... love the electives. Keep 'em coming.

• Advisory Board
Move the hell back to the east coast buddy ,shows are sooo much better with you around!!!

Couldn't agree more with Herdy Stephen!!! Love ya buddy, get your ass back out here perminantly!

love the electives. Keep 'em coming.

Hell yeah! I think DSO should concentrate on doing more electives... 25% recreations, and 75% elective

Hell yeah! I think DSO should concentrate on doing more electives... 25% recreations, and 75% elective

I think we could have this conversation over and over again- and we do.....but really I do believe its where the true magic happens.....I'll take any DSO show, however we all have our "i want to hear a....." and besides when I'm wishing for a one drummer (got 2 this tour so I'm SUPER happy :) ) I always want to hear an elective.....I think if I had to narrow down my top 10 favorite shows (don't even know if I could do that) about 8 out of 10 of them would be electives.

.... I always want to hear an elective.....I think if I had to narrow down my top 10 favorite shows (don't even know if I could do that) about 8 out of 10 of them would be electives.

[/quot

After This past run (Nov 9-20) I have had the feeling that the purist flow from "song to song" occurs on the mix nights because the band can let the music become liquid and flow where it may. The Grateful Dead always had the oportunity to let the set create itself without the restrictions of a preconstructed setlist. Sometimes DSO recreations sets will go off into a jam that is unique and all its own and might serve as a guidepost to the next tune but instead the band must keep to a certain song and time to keep the recreated set on track. As DSO is a band that recreates the Grateful Dead experience I would think the "on the Fly" approach would feel authentic. I do understand that to see them transition from 60s to 90s takes a certain letting go of stereotypes that we might have of the GD and what they played through the years. We can also remember that bring back bustouts were always welcome with the GD. With that being said, when we left the tour this week I was depressed about missing the next show in Lowell and was thinking I hope I dont miss an elective but after the fact, missing the 6/15/76 felt equally depressing. Anyhow, I really couldn't say I prefer one or the other. It all seems to be salvation.The most important thing to remeber is to let the band do what they want. We certainly dont want them to change anything...Right?

Dumped this into my Stiletto 100 yesterday... and ROCKED IT all day at work...

Followed it with some Grass Is Dead to keep one of the cooks from going crazy (he likes Bluegrass)...

Nice to have a good rockin' show backin' me up when I'm cookin'... and up to my tail-section in orders...

:dsorocks:

Archived