Buffalo (setlist From Ratdog.org)

Herdygerdy

• Advisory Board

Sam Boyd Silver Bowl, Las Vegas NV (5/29/92)

Mississippi Half-Step

Walkin' Blues

Peggy-O

Black-Throated Wind

They Love Each Other

Stuck Inside of Mobile

Jack-a-Roe

Promised Land

China Cat Sunflower

I Know You Rider

Looks Like Rain

Crazy Fingers

Playin' in the Band

Drums

Space

All Along the Watchtower

China Doll

Sugar Magnolia

The Weight

Thanks to the .orger who posted the setlist over yonder in crazyland...

Yeah that was the setlist. Show was great as always. There were more people inside the Town Ballroom that I have ever seen before. I have seen 7 DSO shows now (88 was the latest year I've seen them perform) so it was a real treat to get a 92 show. First set had some long breaks in between songs which doesn't bother me but I expected a really rockin' second set and that it was. China->Rider was simply amazing. PITB was perfect and had a killer jam going into Drums and Space was definitely out of this world. Watchtower blew my mind and they capped it off with a powerful Sugar Mag. Filler was Truckin'->Ripple from what I remember. I did see someone taping the show as well. Thanks again DSO!

Sam Boyd Silver Bowl, Las Vegas NV (5/29/92)

Mississippi Half-Step

Walkin' Blues

Peggy-O

Black-Throated Wind

They Love Each Other

Stuck Inside of Mobile

Jack-a-Roe

Promised Land

China Cat Sunflower

I Know You Rider

Looks Like Rain

Crazy Fingers

Playin' in the Band

Drums

Space

All Along the Watchtower

China Doll

Sugar Magnolia

The Weight

Thanks to the .orger who posted the setlist over yonder in crazyland...

Yet another night of craziness with our favorite band in the land last night ....this time with only a 15 minute drive afterwards to the comfort of my own bed to rest my well shakin bones.

From the opening notes of 1/2 Step you could just tell it was going to be balls to the wall....seems to be a theme for this tour from the shows I have seen. We all know DSO brings it each and every night they step foot on stage - but it seems as though things have stepped up a notch (if thats even possible with this band!!!). Was talking with my wife and friends before the show....saying something along the lines of " hoping for anything but the 90's stuff...".....been trying to get the taste of my foot out of my mouth since.....GOD DAMN WELL I DECLARE - one thing I know for sure....as much as I love the Grateful Dead and everything this music and community has brought to me over the past 25 years, Jerry and the boys in 1992 certainly were not rockin the house to the extreme DSO did last night...woahh

A nice sleazy bluesy Walkin Blues after 1/2 step...JK's fantastic reading of Peggy O..nice BTW and TLEO giving way to an all out body shakin Memphis Blues, Jack A Roe, Promised Land finish of the 1st set. 2nd set started up with one of the most intense China ->Riders I can remember seeing live in an awfulllyyyyy long time...the transition to Rider was simply dripping with goo as the band kicked it into high gear. Looks Like Rain simply beautiful.....really like to hear Rob and Lisa sing this one together but Rob sang his heart out on this one. Classic Crazy fingers>Playin brought us into an absolutely sick D/S segment with Healy working his magic behind the board..sound bouncing off the walls and swirling around in my skull - space was one hell of alot of fun kicking back listening to the craziness going on around the place. WATCHTOWER emerges from the depths of deep space crashing back to earth with an absolutely beautiful China Doll....was so damn good it made me cry....classic 90's ending with a rollicking Sugar Mags. Great choice of encore with the Weight.....filler of Truckin>Nobodies Fault But Mine Jam>Ripple was icing on the psychedelic cake....still licking the frosting off ..

DSO - I've said it before and I'll say it again - YOU GUYS/GAL ARE SIMPLY THE BEST!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for doing what you do......you truly are insprirational

PS...Grateful Bruno......was walking around at set break screaming BRUNOOOOOO lookin for your ass...guess we'll meet down the road somewhere brother

• 1 month later...
Another 90s show without 90s songs...go figure!

i stand & resonate thankful there is EXACTLY what there IS...

each time i hear a song {whatever that song is}, i strive to experience it anew, WITHOUT judgement or complaint....

peace

ciao

Guest Rob Eaton
i stand & resonate thankful there is EXACTLY what there IS...

each time i hear a song {whatever that song is}, i strive to experience it anew, WITHOUT judgement or complaint....

peace

ciao

Very well put and positive!!!!

Guest captain420

I agree, I'm not complaining about the setlist, except the fact of the lack of a powerful 90s tune or more to set it apart...

variety is the spice of life.

Guest Rob Eaton

There are actually very few shows in the 90's that we will do because of the set lists. Since we don't do (and most likely won't ever):

Easy Answers

Eternity

Samba in the Rain

Childhoods End

Wave to the Wind

Long Way to go Home

There are not many set lists in the 90's where one these songs are not present. So when we do find a 90's set list to play without one of these it's up for grabs. Again for us it's just a set list and nothing more.

• Forum MVP
Still, I would shit my pants if dso played a Childhood's or Wave...it would be blissful...

There you go again Mason--putting those two songs in the same sentence again. I wish you wouldn't do that.

I wish we could ask Phil what he thinks of those two songs. I have a feeling he would give the strong nod to the former--but maybe not that strong a nod due to the fact that he doesn't play either now.

I will accept that I am in the minority in liking the song Childhood's End.

And although the chorus can be grating on Eternity, if you take out the band sing along of "Making love through Eternity" that song is OK in my book as well.

Guest captain420

The band played with Vince Welnick and played 'Way To Go Home.' The rest of the show was mostly jgb tunes...

Dstone, surprised you don't like Picasso, Corrina, or Esau....

All in good fun Rob....take it easy.

• Forum MVP
There are actually very few shows in the 90's that we will do because of the set lists. Since we don't do (and most likely won't ever):

Easy Answers

Eternity

Samba in the Rain

Childhoods End

Wave to the Wind

Long Way to go Home

In a down economy, we all need a little good news! Many thanks :)

We don't need no stinkin' darktown strutter's ball....

• Forum MVP
Dstone, surprised you don't like Picasso, Corrina, or Esau....

I'm not saying I don't like them (although those three are not my favorite songs), I'm saying that a song like Childhood's End is a better song than those three (at least in my mind).

Guest captain420

Hey, it's all good...but I see what your saying, I agree with you on the aspect that Childhood's End is more epic then those 3...but I still like hearing DSO rip those 3 up!!! though it has been awhile....

Now what is this conflict you have with Wave To The Wind? (Notice different sentences.) :lol:

Archived