Franklin's Tower

Let It Grow

Drums

Friend Of The Devil

Playin' In The Band

Dancin' In The Streets

U.S. Blues

No GD encore.....

Filler: Don't Let Go, Easy Wind*, Ripple* (* w/ Skip Vangelas on Bass)

I can't even believe I'm saying this but I LOVED the venue, the crowd, the energy...everything about it and it was in NJ! Had the best dancing space I could have asked for....the band was ON. Just loved it.....and just a treat to get Mission in the Rain....

Thanks!

Lisa

Mission was amazing, as was Let it Grow. The venue was alot of fun (cant believe I am saying that either!). Little crowded on the floor to begin with and the sound a bit boomey under the balcony....the sound ON TOP of the balcony however....holy cow! Thundering loud and clear. One other thing of note, I am so used to theater shows where the PA is stacked on the stage, with the height of the room the PA was hanging and big, and from the crowded floor gave the look of the oh so many areana shows the Dead did for so many years. There was something about that that was unique to DSO and was kind of nostalgic for me.

Great way to end the year. That was my New Years.

Guest DEAD HEAD

My back hurts like crazy...I'm sitting in work tired as hell and all I can think about is what a killer show last night ...

To all that are traveling to tonights show be safe and enjoy... :)

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Alright, so this was my first DSO show and to start.... :dsorocks: I was on the floor, up against the stage, in the left corner(left pocket)... And we were all having so much fun over there. I was off by myself, and just in utter shock.... I could not stop dancing, and loved the whole setlist... I actually have that show (in Boston June 10th 1976) on soundboard and is one of my favorite 70s shows... I was so happy to hear that they did this shwo... And to top it off, it was 4 Hours of just pure jam.... I hope DSO comes back to the Wellmont... I met so many nice people, especially some nice looking girls, and the grat thing is, we all had the same purpose............

TO ENJOY THE MUSIC

:dsorocks::dsorocks::dsorocks::dsorocks::dsorocks:

Definitely a Rob heavy show, but hard to complain based on the future senator's always flawless rendition of LLR. Highlight for me had to be Mission in the Rain through the Might As Well first set closer. 2nd set had its moments but all in I felt it was missing one more sentimental jerry ballad (was wanting a ship of fools, high time, to lay me down or if i had the world to give). the brilliance of the band was captured during the jam in franklins tower and the powerful let it grow but the set dipped off in my opinion after a great friend of the devil. dancing in the streets might be one of my least favorite songs and i think playing in the band and us blues bore me based on how many times i have heard them played. triple encore was a cool gesture by the band and a reminder that they continue to go above and beyond the call. ripple was a great way to end the night and send me on my back home to ct but i secretly was hoping they would launch into a stir it up or we bid you goodnight. all in all, its always good to see this band. nothing beats live grateful dead music and I am just thankful that this group gets it like they do.

After staying high up in the balcony in order to puff and chill for most of the show, I made sure to move close to the stage for the ripple. after the show ended i made sure to shake hands with john, barraco, and healy and tried to steal another one of dino's drumstick but to no avail. I asked barraco if he would ever consider rejoining the core four for their farewell tour or if he would remain with dso and he told me that he would be with dso for the long haul. i think that is a testament to how good dso is.

thanks to the entire band for their constant commitment to keeping this great thing going. in closing, i must once again plead for future shows in CHARLOTTESVILLE, va and Ridgefield, CT. will travel any distance to see dso, but getting lost in newark is never a fun way to end such a great night of music.

Definitely a Rob heavy show, but hard to complain based on the future senator's always flawless rendition of LLR. Highlight for me had to be Mission in the Rain through the Might As Well first set closer. 2nd set had its moments but all in I felt it was missing one more sentimental jerry ballad (was wanting a ship of fools, high time, to lay me down or if i had the world to give). the brilliance of the band was captured during the jam in franklins tower and the powerful let it grow but the set dipped off in my opinion after a great friend of the devil. dancing in the streets might be one of my least favorite songs and i think playing in the band and us blues bore me based on how many times i have heard them played. triple encore was a cool gesture by the band and a reminder that they continue to go above and beyond the call. ripple was a great way to end the night and send me on my back home to ct but i secretly was hoping they would launch into a stir it up or we bid you goodnight. all in all, its always good to see this band. nothing beats live grateful dead music and I am just thankful that this group gets it like they do.

After staying high up in the balcony in order to puff and chill for most of the show, I made sure to move close to the stage for the ripple. after the show ended i made sure to shake hands with john, barraco, and healy and tried to steal another one of dino's drumstick but to no avail. I asked barraco if he would ever consider rejoining the core four for their farewell tour or if he would remain with dso and he told me that he would be with dso for the long haul. i think that is a testament to how good dso is.

thanks to the entire band for their constant commitment to keeping this great thing going. in closing, i must once again plead for future shows in CHARLOTTESVILLE, va and Ridgefield, CT. will travel any distance to see dso, but getting lost in newark is never a fun way to end such a great night of music.

Greatly put...

By the way, the fact that all of the Ushers were supposedly more professional then the previous ushers where they had to hire some on the spot, is actually not true. Well in a sense it is, they are profressional technicaly because they were hired legitly. This just came about because the theatre just opened recently. However, the security guards were sitting there, yelling at kids like me, for being near where people are smoking weed, when they are not doing anything about it, and are just observing, which is not showing authority. I was told to go find my mother, (who was my step mother) because supposedly they are smoking marijuanna twoards the front of the stage. When I was right next to the Security guard and I am 14 and a half years old which I am completely capable of keeping myself away from this SOOO DANGEROUS drug..... And sadly my Stepmother had her wallet stollen there, and someone tried to use the ATM at the venue right after they stole it. She did not have any cash left in her wallet, but her driving liscence and credit card is now gone, but visibly, there was nothing wrong going down, it was a peaceful place. I hear the owner is a jerk as well, but once again he does a good time so it does not matter. But like I said, the music was amazing, and I know that eventually DSO will be back (I hope). Nothing like going around your local town, and seeing tiedies in a subway or walking the streets and heading twoards a DSO show.............

:dsorocks:

Guest ziggy11

This show was amazing! The music and especially the people there were awesome. The help>slip>frank really got me going and the let it grow>drums>let it grow! It left me speechless.

Seeya guys next time around.

This show was amazing! The music and especially the people there were awesome. The help>slip>frank really got me going and the let it grow>drums>let it grow! It left me speechless.

Seeya guys next time around.

I saw a slew of people taking pictures, can people upload them and put them on here for me please!

Guest captain420

decent show, anything after that 'So Many Roads' the other night,MAN, nothing could do it for me from there on.....crest of a wave I guess....

A highlight was MISSION but it lacked, didn't rip like SMR, but it doesn't get played often...was hoping for more with the solo. didn't compare to SPL days. But I blame it being a 'recreation' so there wasn't much exploring to do. confined, if you will.

LOTS AND LOTS of REPEATS this run...gone are the days of runs without or few repeats...a few, you can't gripe to bad about, but man...there were ALOT....expecting better in FL, hopefully some '89 shit, been waiting too long.

Here is how 'I' feel about the run.

Jordan and I discussed how the fillers are getting weaker....I remember getting badass fillers ('believe it or not' or some special tunes), but now we get the same old fillers they've been doing for awhile, short songs with no jamming-- midnight hour, RIP-ple, bid you goodnight, mister charlie, cheezy wind...or 2nd that...hey, I don't think these songs "SUCK" but for filler I have higher standards...just me I guess. go out with a bang! --mind you, the DON'T LET GO, was nice, sounded like an Other One jam in the middle.

What really blew most of us away was that we got 'useless blews' times 2., back to back like a chicken shack (should I change my act?)..1st was a filler, sad way to end such a show with potential, imo and others. 2nd was the recreation night near the end.. given that the shows were 7 freakin' hours apart so not many but the deadicated made it and we get dumped with lots of repeats...

Might just be me, but the recreation shows are not much anymore, would rather see many more Elective nights where the band can "feel" what songs to play and also add more of that DSO touch we all like that they add to tunes to give them the umph and also more John solos...with the last 2 nights of the run, I wasn't impressed,..70s recreations, the music was good and not a wrong note, but seemed to me something was missing...sure everyone was having a good time..but...again, maybe just me.

The traveling got to me, not getting enough sleep because having to rush to each show, even left my freakin' nye ticket at the hotel 7mi away-totally spaced! Thanks Sakada for the ride brother!

So, that is how I feel, take it how you want or don't want to...still love the band but I thought I would share my thoughts, since this place is what it is for...if I didn't love it so much, I probably wouldn't say a damn word.

...we will see how Florida goes.....

I could not agree with you more. It is all a matter of personal opinion but for the die hard dso fan nothing comes close to an original. There is no way of knowing what is coming next or what is even possible. The mid-late 70's dead shows were great, but for the traveling fan its become all too predictable. That is why it would be nice to throw some surprises out there for the fillers.

I have only had the pleasure of hearing So Many Roads once (mexicali blues cafe 2005?) but I have not heard anything since then that comes close to that jam. i cant even imagine what those first chords sounded like out of an Eleven jam. had to be the gem out of the 4 shows.

absolutely dug the theater vibe...found {more or less} plenty of room to dance down front {L., great dancin' & [again] my appreciation for havin' D's back}...Big River, MISSION!, Might As Well, H>sl>Frnk, LET IT GROW!, dAnCiN'....and of course, the filler: DON'T Let GO ! ! ! [some weird,wild spaces in the JAM} EZ WIND, ripple...

my appreciation extends to ALL of Ya'll who met & hund with Desta :-)

Steve & Kris: the extended hospitality resonates in my heart, as usual ! ! !

by the way, was there no highways to Baltimore ? {LOL}

peace

ciao

• Advisory Board
and I am 14 and a half years old

Fantastic... I love seeing you youngsters at the shows, dancing and having a blast...

Welcome aboard the crazy train...

PS... Drugs are bad.......mmmmmmmmmmkay?

• Advisory Board
had a great time seeing the usual suspects.....exept herdy of course.

where were you, man?

Staying the fuck out of Jersey :) :) :)

I did get a Garmin GPS for Christmas, so maybe I'll be able to nagivate the Smokestack State next time...

Still hate the place though :)

To quote George Carlin.. "Kiss her where it smells.... Take her to New Jersey"

• Forum MVP
Fantastic... I love seeing you youngsters at the shows, dancing and having a blast...

Welcome aboard the crazy train...

PS... Drugs are bad.......mmmmmmmmmmkay?

My sentiments exactly. Its time for the next Generation to shine!!!!

Archived