Dso New Years 08-09

Mohammad

hey all- just a quickie here

awesome time!!!

thanks to the band and crew for all you do. i couldn't have had a better time. being with my love and you guys on nye was amazing.

bummed we got there a bit late and didn't get to say hi to anyone til after.

btw- prescott recorded the nye "joint drop" on my camera. as soon as i figure it out, i'll post it.

hug to all

jill

Happy New Year Everybody! We knew we had to make this trip and were so glad we did. We spent the show down in the ever so packed front with Steve, Kris, Brian, Bix, Nicole, Boz, Connie, Gary, Tiff, Tony, Kimberly, and at times Jordan, Mason, Torin, Ariel, and everyone else who came on by. The show was stellar, smokin, awesome, DSO givin it to us as only the band can deliver. This was our 1st show since G-Fest with our big move to the south and new jobs. Thanks to the band for bringing it all back into view. The Starhead picture at the end was probably one of the biggest group shots ever taken. Can't wait to see it, Gary. We love you all and can't wait for the Florida run!! For those of you making the trip, we will see you down here in the Sunshine State!

Peace & Love Forever

Vince & Sue

Thw show was out of this world! I was so excited to hear they were doing the winderland show...and I was so not expecting to have father time come out, it was insane. The first set there was plenty of dancing room on the floor but that changed def changed come second set. It was so feaking amazing to be right under the ballon drop at midnight, at one point I had no idea what was going on...there were ballons everywhere!!!!

It was good to see some of you guys and gals...and yes what a surprise to see vince and sue!

Thank you DSO for such a good time :)

Peace and love

emily

Ohh and I hope there was a recording...i must have it :)

• Forum MVP

I can only agree with all the superlatives used by the family herein above...and I just want to add that the Zen Tricksters with Rob B and Donna Jean tonite were the perfect nightcap to an incredible week. As always, thank you everyone!

Next stop FL...

I can only agree with all the superlatives used by the family herein above...and I just want to add that the Zen Tricksters with Rob B and Donna Jean tonite were the perfect nightcap to an incredible week. As always, thank you everyone!

Next stop FL...

last night was so much fun. my only complaint- not enough show!!!!!!

(well, that's always my complaint, but last night it was reallyshort)

oh well, at least i have wig jam tonight at mexicalli's

let the festivities continue.....

Great music to bring in the New Year with great friends. DSO has changed my life and I wouldn't trade it for the world. So much fun, was ecstatic to see Sue and Vince. When I got to the venue Torin kept telling me to go up front. I didn't want to go, toooooo crowded. he finally told me who was up there and off I ran never to return. The show was spectacular. Thank you again to all of the band.

Last night at BB Kings was a nice nightcap. Glad to have spent the time with all. Thanks Lisa and Jimmy for navigating the Big Apple for us. Can't believe I am so lame when it comes to the city thats just down the road and over the river.

Hey Jill, Wig who where????

It's so cold here can't wait to feel the Florida sun.

Blessings to all Kris

• Forum MVP

As everyone has said, the NYE show was utterly fantastic. My only complaints were venue-related. It bums me out when venues get greedy and oversell the place. I really can't stand feeling packed in like sardines with people breathing down my neck. For the second year in a row, navigating through the will-call line at the Rams Head was a total clusterfuck which took over 40 minutes. So I missed Sugar Mags & Scarlet-Fire........bummer!

I didn't really settle into the show until I secured a sweet spot on the rail of the balcony stage-left towards the beginning of the second set. Being a drummer, it was a special treat to have a bird's-eye view of Rob and Dino. Also the people watching from the balcony was priceless.

The musicianship was impeccable as usual, and Father Time's visit at midnight was utterly priceless.

Thank you DSO for my second NYE with you. FWIW, I appreciated the reserved seating arrangement of the Keswick last year........much less hassle and ultimately more dancing space.

cheers, reid.

Guest crazy digits
WARNING: long, rambling review posted below....

Okay, let me start by saying what a pleasure it was to meet so many fine people from the forums! The day started early with a 3 o'clock hotel check in at the Sheraton, followed by a walk to Fogo de Chao's for dinner (brrr, it was windy). There we met up with Kira, Pat, and Wayne, followed by Herdy, Nicole and many more. I can honestly say that I have never had an eating experience quite like this before! It was a meat orgy and Herdy and Kira like it RARE! How about that polenta? Yum! Then it was off to the show, where we warmed up, mingled, and prepped ourselves for an incredible night of DSO at their finest.

From the get-go, we knew it was Winterland '78, but that didn't matter, the band was on fire! Sugar Magnolia got us grooving right away. Scarlet>Fire blasted us off to new heights while Me and My Uncle>Big River>Friend of the Devil brought us back to earth for a little while. It's All Over Now was pure rock n' roll and John did Stagger Lee justice. Even though we had heard that Lisa was under the weather "From the Heart of Me" sounded beautiful (this woman is a trooper!) followed by Sunshine Daydream to close the first set.

Second set highlights included just about everything with an appropriate "Around and Round" to end it so close to midnight (because the place was packed). For the third set, we found some champagne and goodies, secured a sweet spot on the second floor by the railing, and counted down the last moments of 2008 with a Father Time/marijuana joint entrance to boot! This set took the cake, but the Other One stood out for me; it was PHENOMENAL (can't wait to hear this again--archives?)!!! Wharf Rat was beautiful, raw, emotional and St. Stephen had the crowd dancing so hard, I thought we might break something :-)

After the show, Ryan, Wayne, and I were witness to some rather interesting antics outside the venue, including dozens of dressed up girls in stiletto heels and no jackets falling down drunk left and right, some tool who thought it was a good idea to fight a group of Baltimore City police and another jackass, who tried to set up a tank in the middle of Power Plant Live, which only resulted in another BCPD beat-down and the tank rolling out into the middle of the street, hissing all the way. After Kira, Pat, and Doc joined us, we waited for Stanley, the no-show cab driver (Kira, did you call him yesterday? hee hee) and ended up walking back to the hotel. Wish we could of met up with the Tremont Hotel folks, but there was a communication breakdown there I guess. A much needed stop at 7-11 gave us the fuel we needed to make it back to the hotel (Ryan admitted he lost his sense of direction toward the end, but we made it, right?).

Once inside the warm and toasty Sheraton, we were greeted by three out of service elevators, which led to Ryan and I climbing 24 flights of stairs (ahhhhh!!!). At 4am we were awakened by three LARGE men outside of our room convinced that our room was their room, repeatedly trying to use their key to get in! We calmly told them that they had the wrong room, but when they began shouldering the door to get in, we called security (are you fucking kidding me? No!) Can you say refund?

All in all it was a great night! The added shenanigans will keep us amused for a long time to come. Thanks to the band for taking us on another climactic musical journey and thanks to all the great folks we met who made the night extra special :-) Can't wait to do it again soon!

Sarah, I like your play by play :) cool hanging with you guys as brief as it was!

• 3 weeks later...
Anxiously awaiting reviews from last night...early indications are y'all had a real good time...:)

Peace

I thought the music was excellent, especially Playing in the Band and The Other One, which were especially great. I may be alone on this, but I find the "in your face" presence of drugs annoying and distracting. It's about the music. It was always about the music. And the music never stopped ...

Archived