December 30th Show

Guest bigfish1

Guest bigfish1

I have been to several DSO shows. Unfortunately most of them I have not been able to find recorded copies of. The show on December 30th was great and I would love to have a copy to add to my collection. On the forum it says that almost all of the shows are recorded by the band on its sound board. How do I get a copy of this particular show. If it is possible I would also like a copy of the show from June 8th, 2008. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Guest bigfish1
Good luck... they keep them under lock and key so to speak... try archive.org, and hope there was a taper at the show...

What does this mean? Most DSO shows are recorded from the soundboard by the band and are frequently released back into the wild via their private FTP site This statement is on the website front page. I know archive.org but I am not familiar with their FTP site. Any info would be appreciated.

Mike

• Forum MVP
What does this mean? Most DSO shows are recorded from the soundboard by the band and are frequently released back into the wild via their private FTP site This statement is on the website front page. I know archive.org but I am not familiar with their FTP site. Any info would be appreciated.

Mike

they need to take that statement down... that ftp site hasnt been updated since 2005 or so... eaton does the mastering/releasing of soundboards- since their virtually always on tour its understandable that he doesnt want to spend the few precious moments he has at home mastering/editing soundboards to give away for free... HOWEVER, he releases a couple of SBDs a year in a vine. see the vine thread here: http://www.dsoforums.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=4737

note: no new vines have been announced, yet.

and a second note: the vine is worth the wait... those sources sound AMAZING and FULL.

Guest bigfish1
they need to take that statement down... that ftp site hasnt been updated since 2005 or so... eaton does the mastering/releasing of soundboards- since their virtually always on tour its understandable that he doesnt want to spend the few precious moments he has at home mastering/editing soundboards to give away for free... HOWEVER, he releases a couple of SBDs a year in a vine. see the vine thread here: http://www.dsoforums.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=4737

note: no new vines have been announced, yet.

and a second note: the vine is worth the wait... those sources sound AMAZING and FULL.

Thanks for the info. I will check it out. If anyone reads this chain and has a copy of either show I would greatly appreciate a copy.

Guest bigfish1
Get the money together to get a rig and start taping....there ya go!

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately now is impossible for me to do that. My wife is dieing from a really rare form of cancer, EHE (only about 20 people a year get this kind). I also have one kid in college and another one starting this fall. On top of that my company let me go a couple of months ago because they are partialy self insured for their medical and got tired of her expenses. DSO, the Dead and RD are kind of a much needed release for me. That is why I would like copies of the shows I went to. When things settle down for me I do plan on looking into the possibility of setting something up to spread the music. It will be kind of a payback for the help it gives me.

Mike

Bigfish1

Guest bigfish1
wow mike. sending good vibes your way (((((mike and family))))))

~keep the faith~

Thanks for the vibes. Need some tunes also. I try to make any shows within 1 and 1/2 hours of my house. NE PA on the boarder of NY NJ & PA. See you when DSO gets back on the east coast

Mike

Sorry to hear about your wife's medical condition!

I'll include your family in my prayers-Really that's all us mere mortals can do!

The remark about your prior employer is more & more common these days(whether self insured or not & a sad note on corporate America).

Keep the faith & let the music carry you.

Peace,

Rob

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately now is impossible for me to do that. My wife is dieing from a really rare form of cancer, EHE (only about 20 people a year get this kind). I also have one kid in college and another one starting this fall. On top of that my company let me go a couple of months ago because they are partialy self insured for their medical and got tired of her expenses.

Mike

Bigfish1

Guest bigfish1
Sorry to hear about your wife's medical condition!

I'll include your family in my prayers-Really that's all us mere mortals can do!

The remark about your prior employer is more & more common these days(whether self insured or not & a sad note on corporate America).

Keep the faith & let the music carry you.

Peace,

Rob

Rob,

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. It is a little overwhelming the response I have received from members, not only here but by private message also. I want to thank all of you for making a tough time a little easier. I would also like to thank DSO for bringing us all together as the family that we are. This allows us to support eachother in good times and bad.

My family and I would like to wish all DSO fans a year filled with love, peace, hope, happiness and great music to sooth the soul.

Mike

Guest Planetary Wind

I would also love a SBD of this show, extremely FAR OUT and FUN. One of the best shows i have ever seen from any band!

THANKS FOR THE GREAT TIME,

I second that emotion, SBD release plllllease!

Archived