Dso Vine, Anyone?

GratefulFred

I still haven't been able to retrieve the files from the disc. I tried several things, but I can't find the files. I am leaving today to go to the first few Dead shows. I will be gone for 8-9 days, so I am just going ahead and sending the discs to blazedandconfused. Please put me either after blazedandconfused or at the bottom of the vine so I can recieve them again when I have more time and hopefully someone can help me. I don't want to hold things up so hopefully this will be for the best. If anyone could post what I need to do to retrieve the files that would be great. Like I said before, I have a flac converter and know how to convert and burn, I just can't see/ find the files on the discs.

Thanks again Fred for doing this. You are awesome!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

hello. Not sure why you can see the files on your computer. I just put the disc in the drive, clicked on my computer, then clicked on that drive and they were there. This was the first time I have ever received multiple audio shows on DVD disc. Normally they are just burned copies onto recordable CDs. So, I am thinking its possible that you don't have a DVD drive? Not sure if that makes a difference or not, but just a thought. Enjoy your Dead shows. We'll be waiting for your report back. Let me know once you are back home. I can always decode my flac files to wav files and burn you actual CD copies if you need or if that would be easier. Do let me know if your computer drive is indeed a DVD drive too. Have a good mini tour with the Dead. Safe and happy holiday travels. Bernie

I got the discs today. But I'm having a little trouble. When I put discs in computer, and try to see them using my computer they are not there. What am I doing wrong? Can someone help me?

I know how to convert and burn the flac files, I just can find the files!

The disc I sent were the ones I received from Bernie. I couldn't burn them to DVD so I just opend the shows from "my computer" and copied them to "my music" and sent them to you. I was able to convert them to wav. Let Bernie or myself know how things work out and we can help anyway we can. Peace, Mark

Were you able to locate the files Blazedandconfused?

i seem to be in the same boat... when i put them in it shows up, but anything i try an error shows up and says unable to perform action, illegal function... i tried my buddies laptop as well and nothing shows up... i will send them out to bluedylan today hopefully he has better luck...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

4everg8ful - - I have to work the next couple days, and then have the weekend off. I will rip the flac files off the DVDs I got copies of, and decode them to wav files so I can burn them onto CDs for you. I will have to grab a new spindle of discs since it is going to take a total of 15 CDs to make the copies of these five shows. I will do that, and then you in turn will have to do the same for blazedandconfused, etc. This is the only thing I can think of to do. So when you get a chance, pm me your name and address so I have it. I will get the files converted, burned and mail them out to you.

:dsorocks:

Thanks for the kind offer! Blazedandconfused, go ahead and send me your address too and I will send them off as soon as I get them. I'm curious still as to what happened to the discs. Did they get sent to Bluedylan? Did he have the same problem? Thanks again Fred and Grateful Bruno!

Thanks for the kind offer! Blazedandconfused, go ahead and send me your address too and I will send them off as soon as I get them. I'm curious still as to what happened to the discs. Did they get sent to Bluedylan? Did he have the same problem? Thanks again Fred and Grateful Bruno!

will do... im not sure what happened, i sent them to bluedylan a while ago. and grateful bruno that would be awesome if you could do that!!!

matt

• Forum MVP

Hey now Adrianne ( 4evergr8ful ) - sent the discs out to you again today! I made copies for myself, and now am sending you the discs I received originally on this vine. Let me know when you receive them and that you are able to access the files ok. Have a GRATE weekend! I hope you get the package on Saturday so you can enjoy these shows over the weekend. If not, it should be there by Monday at the latest. Bernie

ps... thanks again Grateful Fred!

Got the discs and all is well! Apparently there is something wrong with my DVD drive. But my wonderful husband was able to put them on his laptop and use an external hard drive to get them on my computer. I will pass them on today.

Thanks again Fred. I really hope I get the chance to meet you some day because I owe you a beer or something! It is so great to know there are kind folks like you out there.

• 2 months later...

Archived