Hob Orlando

Brian NJ

Good show- Virginia Richmond85! Highlights Hurts me Too, China Doll, Sitting on top of World filler.

Got to airport in Philly and looked at departing flights and saw about 7 out of 8 cancellations, looked quickly to Orlando and I had one of the few flights ON TIME. Vince picked me up in beautiful 82 degree weather while Sue was at command central following planes trains and automobiles with cancellations rerouting and delays. Truley a mircle coordinating all the folks getting to their place in time for the show. Sue have you ever thought about a career in trasportation? Thanks to all and we will see what tonight brings.

• Forum MVP

11-02-85 Richmond Coliseum

1: Bertha>Greatest, Dupree's, C. C. Rider> Althea, Esau, Candyman, Let It Grow

2: Aiko, Estimated>Uncle John>China Doll>Drumz>Morning Dew>Throwing Stones>Lovelight E: Baby Blue

Filler: Silver Threads, SOTOTW>Jam>SOTOTW, Hurts Me Too, The Weight

Soo awesome to have everyone down here finally!! this was a fantastic show to start the run with. my highlights were the Let it Grow, Aiko, ChinaDoll, MorningDew!!, the jam that somehow came out of SittinOnTop was seriously huge! on to StPete!!!!

11/2/1985 Richmond Colliseum, Richmond VA

First Set:

Bertha

Greatest Story

Dupree's

C.C. Rider

Althea

Brother Esau

Candyman

Let It Grow

Second Set:

Iko

Estimated

Uncle John's

China Doll

Drums

Dew

Throwing Stones

Lovelight

Encore:

Baby Blue

Filler:

Silver Threads and Golden Needles

Sittin On Top of the World

It Hurts Me Too

The Weight

Amazing show, great venue, dancing space par excellance. Highlights, of course the Dew, Lovelight was hot. First set was quiet but the Althea stood out for me. The filler was incredible the transition from Silver Threads into Sittin was beautiful. Dancin my ass off during the Sittin. Lisa was full of raw energy during Hurts Me Too. I always love The Weight. Ran down front for that.

So happy to be in warm sunny Florida. I appreciate all the travel arrangements to get us on the bus. We love you Vince and Sue and Torin. So great to meet Cherise finally! Looking forward to going onward through out this warm and sunny state, sure beats the cold rain and snow we left up north.

Thanks to the band you always deliver and we so love to spend the time listening and dancing to the music. Mike the extras you always give mean so very much. Key lime bars and those grapes were perfect after the show.

Namaste Kris

Guest captain420

Thanks to Cherise I was able to catch most of Bertha without having to wait for Jordan to arrive with my ticket. The Perotti family is utterly amazing! Thank you for letting so many heads to crash at your home, it is priceless! Not to mention the great food and hospitality. The weather. Amazing!

Bertha and GSET was solid..CC rocked...Esau, woohoo..LIG was great as always. China doll and dew were heartfelt...2 strange jams, one at the end of china and the other in the middle of SOTOTW...HURTS ME TOO...nuff said. Also, I got my 20th Weight! :D

• Forum MVP
11-02-85 Richmond Coliseum

1: Bertha>Greatest, Dupree's, C. C. Rider> Althea, Esau, Candyman, Let It Grow

2: Aiko, Estimated>Uncle John>China Doll>Drumz>Morning Dew>Throwing Stones>Lovelight E: Baby Blue

Filler: Silver Threads, SOTOTW>Jam>SOTOTW, Hurts Me Too, The Weight

Soo awesome to have everyone down here finally!! this was a fantastic show to start the run with. my highlights were the Let it Grow, Aiko, ChinaDoll, MorningDew!!, the jam that somehow came out of SittinOnTop was seriously huge! on to StPete!!!!

looks like it was a great show from 85 Torin. some great fillers too! I would love to have heard the Althea, Brother Esau, Candyman in that first set. Aiko, Estimated Prophet, Uncle John's, China doll - amazing 2nd set openers! I know you and your folks are in your glory with the Florida run. Curious to know if there were tapers in-house for this show? Hope so. Enjoy your Florida shows all and safe travels back home.

Guest Charles from Oregon

Looks Awesome! I love 1985!! You Guys and Gals Rock! Thanks Again!! Sitting on Top of the World was one of the first GD songs I ever heard.Wow! Can't wait til Seattle, Portland, and Eugene!

• Forum MVP

I was at the original....wish I could have been at the recreation!!

One of the best 3 show runs I have seen the Dead do!!

Columbia SC 10/31, Richmond Va. 11/1-1 1985....All during downpours from a pesky remant hurricane.

Interesting fact...For 11/2 I paid $50 to get into the show...the most I had ever payed to see a Dead show. I just paid twice that much + for a face value ticket to the "The Dead" in Buffalo.

• Forum MVP

fun fun night.. althea was really strong..

it was really trippy walking through downtown disney (fighting our way through the families and strollers) on the way to the venue :P

*EDIT* i forgot to mention that "china doll made my soul ooze"- it was BEAUTIFUL!! and i was really pumped to get esau and baby blue, which i hadnt seen in a year or two (with great versions to boot!).. got to the show a little late- missed 4 songs.. damn orlando airport.. but i was glad to not miss the 1st set entirely.

The anticipation was finally over. Picking up fellow Starheads who came in to Central Florida by all means, was well coordinated. Many loops were made at Orlando International, waiting for luggage to be cleared. We even had a train arrival in Downtown O-town. It all came together at the right time despite Nature trying to stop a few Heads along the way. So with the Starhead Express set to roll, off to Downtown Disney! Good tour starter, solid show from start to finish. Sue & I were at the original in Richmond, so it was a little extra special. Off to St Pete!

Archived