Truckin'

Drums

Jam

The Other One

Comes A Time

Sugar Magnolia

Ramble On Rose

Filler: Mr Charlie, Scarlet Begonias

I would hope that this show is performed again sometime down the road and that I am lucky enough to be there ... :)

• Forum MVP

just in case you were wondering... koritz was on drums (dino on for filler) and there was no WRS prelude (deadbase sites a tease but dso didnt actually play/tease it)... an outdoor show- rained on/off throughout.. show was misprinted on the website as a 7:30 start, but it was actually a 7pm sharp start time... so the show started with about 50 people in the crowd (1/4 of the early crowd were all starheads).. but it filled out by about 8/8:30

last night was incredible!!!!!! "this is why i get on jets to see dso!" best one drummer show i have ever witnessed. the energy level was through the roof. the whole band was on fire. a really strong show. and the sound quality was great.. much better than the previous night. the sound was just absolutely stellar up front. awesome venue. kind security and staff... crowd was very good too (minus the talkers). every single song was just flat out awesome... but the loser was FUCKING SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK. (the whole band just smoked it), but JK channeled jerry PERFECTLY on loser. i mean it was 72 jerry in the flesh.. AMAZING... his tone was spot on. comes a time, o1, and a few others stood out as well. loved dancing up front with all the starheads.. chuck even danced in the front with us during the second set.. but all in all, it was a DAMN good time..

i had a bit of a scare last night. during setbreak i started sweating bullets, like i had just run a maraton.. i felt like i was gonna pass out. i think i had a slight case of heat exhaustion. i mean i felt BAD. i thought i needed to go to a hospital, or at the very least get out of the thick of the crowd. i felt dangerously ill, and could barely speak. everyone started asking me what i was on, which really scared me cause i hadnt ingested any chemicals (and dont trip anymore).. i just knew something was REALLY wrong. i thought i wasnt going to be able to walk to the edge of the crowd without passing out, so i stammered at connie that i needed help. she immediately abbandoned her first row spot and took my hand and walked me out of the crowd. she said i looked BAD. i sat down and con went to go get a napkin considering i was DRENCHED in sweat (not from dancing really, i just started sweating like CRAZY at setbreak). she came back with water, orange juice, and pizza. SHE IS A GOD SEND. i refueld and cooled off in the back (away from the crowd).. even though the music was playing she stayed with me... after about 30 minutes of cooling off i felt a little better.. but it was a really scary event.. thank you soooo much connie for taking care of me. i love this family!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "love is real and not fade away"

Guest captain420

STELLA BLUE

rain cleared it out for the hardcores for some of first set, then came the talkers, damn!

fun show, got to hear the Bertha soundcheck while eating at a restaurant near the venue...nice. ran into a rain storm!

BIODTL was rockin', very nice loser...playin' had a trippy jam..other one>comes a time...but the real cake was first set Stella..utterly ridiculous folks, surprised no one mentioned this yet...I was in tears. I gotta hear that one again! Looking forward to tonights original show with the rest of the family...Emma, Nantucket, Ellen, Stonedfeather..please make it here safe, then we dance! it was great to see chuck in the front with the rest of the family...good times had by all!

Improvement of sound from the previous night, I could hear Eaton's guitar and not as much reverb in his mic, better mix...thanks for starting early, it worked out well..

Guest crazy digits

This is one that i really missed :( Even without Jordan's comments, I could tell by reading the set list...I am lucky to catch the ones I do..

Jordan, get checked out buddy...you don't need anymore of that...Hope you feel better buddy. Connie is super Mom!

Who can "the Weather Command"? We actually felt guilty that the weather turned to shit here in Central FL for our only outdoor show. Are you kidding...it hasn't rained here since Jan 11 and before that it goes back to Dec 10. WTF? Oh well, just another Dark Cloud, but man oh man, bring those 72's in anytime. Due to some local confusion, quite a few people thought this show started at 8, so it was basically a private party up front under the tarps with the band. 1st set Stella was the one to try and pick the show. I think we pretty much had fall 72 down, but didn't think of the summer. The Other One made "pounding the pavement" worthwhile. The rain did let up, of course, until the ride back to Orlando, where our Starhead Express pretty much turned into a Ship of Fools!

• Forum MVP

a wet show, but an amazing show! dso 72 shows are always extremely special (HamptonBeach, NH summer08...) ,,the first set flowed very nicely, cumberland and china>rider were HOT. the OtherONe was sooo powerful, loved the ComesAtime as always, and the CsyJones to open the second set was pure energy. and i'll take Scarlet as a second filler after any show.

Guest captain420

almost forgot, was 333mike there???

Gary and I both heard someone to the left of us yell "play that one song!" during the 1st set....I don't think it was him, but still made our heads turn!!!!

• Advisory Board
After Black Throated Wind, I heard someone yell out "West LA". Do ya think they might have had the decade wrong?????

Unfortunatly not... they are the ones, who have no clue as to whats going on... I still love hearing people talk about which show it is when they do an elective... Cause everyone knows that The Grateful Dead played Viola Lee in the first set with Liberty all the time back in the 50's...

Unfortunatly not... they are the ones, who have no clue as to whats going on... I still love hearing people talk about which show it is when they do an elective... Cause everyone knows that The Grateful Dead played Viola Lee in the first set with Liberty all the time back in the 50's...

And I thought Jerry was part of Glen Miller's Band in the 40's...damn!

Guest captain420
After Black Throated Wind, I heard someone yell out "West LA". Do ya think they might have had the decade wrong?????

Yes, that was funny....but I hope that guy made it the next night...he got his West LA....

Archived