Hilton Head Island

chinacats111

Its really hard to put in words what the show was like when it was this f*cking good. unbelievable show. Missed the family BIG TIME.

One drummer- (Dino) elective set

Viola Lee Blues

Walk in the sunshine

TLEO- fast version

Black Throated Wind

Box of Rain

You ain't woman enough (YAY!!!!! thanks Lisa!)

Bird Song

Big Iron

Jackaroe

Sing Your Blues Away

Mexicali Blues

Uncle Johns Band

Greatest Story

Second that Emotion

Feel Like Dynamite (for Merl Saunder's Bday)

Waiting for a Miracle

Easy wind

Bobby McGee

Eyes

HUGE JAM

WRS PRELUDE>

WRS PART 1>

LET IT GROW (quite possibly the sickest jam in the history of DSO)

Stella Blue

NFA>

GDTRFB> (THANK YOU!!!!!)

NFA

Encore: And It Stoned Me

• Forum MVP

My turn now. There are superlatives that come to mind. "Epic" has been overused but is most on point. Seriously, people, this is IMHO second to 5-19 only because a few, make that very few, family members were there to witness a major historic event. Those of you on tour who opted out on coming down here made a major strategic miscalculation. These are bold statements, I know...

Have we given the impression that this show was off the hook? Good. Let there be no doubt. And we hope we have the setlist just exactly perfect.

Thank you, and good night from the cradle of Southern gentility.

Guest DEAD HEAD

That is a STRONG 28 including a "HUGE JAM" and a double hit of NFA !!! How long was the show (?)and this is the first I've heard of a single drummer elective ,is this something new or just very rare? ... damn I wish I was there !!!

:dsorocks:

Guest captain420

Hell yea, Dino cranking out an original solo...

Feel Like Dynamite...all right c'yall!

waiting for a miracle....john, we need some new JGB tunes...please!

looks a little ram-shackled of a list, how was the flow?...anyone at both Orange peel original and this one? Orange might be a better list, imo.

Was the HC sunshine at orange a 70s or 90s?? need a 90s in CO.

Torin, did you make it?

Feel Like Dynamite!!!!!!! And It Stoned Me!!!!!!! plus the rest of that and the reviews that have been posted so far = up to OMFG!!!!!

What a show that appears to be!!! WOOAAHH.

Mr Eaton....I believe we have a candidate for the next DSO on Demand release :)

I truly had forgotten how depressing it can be when long spans of time go by that keep you from the seeing the music you love .... this show I cannot even imagine how amazing it must have been to be able to be there....the Variety playhouse download has had me in awe ...and now this ...got to love this direction of more electives!!!! all I can say is I certainly hope we had some tapers in the house!!

this truly is a band like no other . beyond epic...

:dsorocks:

Guest crazy digits
personally my favorite show in quite a while....

..always thought ( back in the GD days ) that one should be rewarded for hardship travel to shows...I had a feeling this show was going to be one not to miss...sorry I couldn't pull it off.

SHIT! and thanks to our restaurant being so fuckin busy on V-Day, Sue & I were not allowed the time off! We had a feeling it would be special, but it does prove the pure love the band can give on any given night, even if that night is the ultimate LOVE day! Well, we let our bosses know, there's a "few" more shows we need to catch, and no excuses, damnit, give us the time off! We'll start with Pittsburgh & Cleveland. Hope there was a taper! Good for the family members, you were generously rewarded for your travels!

• Forum MVP
personally my favorite show in quite a while....

no doubt Rob! Wow. end first set with Uncle John's Band, and then on to what looks like an excellent list of elective songs. I second the emotion to ask when you get a chance if you could get this one up on the site for those of us not in attendance to purchase and relive! what a cool 'Smokin' second set:

Greatest Story

Second that Emotion

Feel Like Dynamite (for Merl Saunder's Bday)

Waiting for a Miracle

Easy wind

Bobby McGee

Eyes

HUGE JAM

WRS PRELUDE>

WRS PART 1>

LET IT GROW (quite possibly the sickest jam in the history of DSO)

Stella Blue

NFA>

GDTRFB> (THANK YOU!!!!!)

NFA

:dsorocks::dsorocks::dsorocks: you all are a band beyond description!

• Forum MVP

Damnit!! my god!!! little thing called $ did not allow me to make this trip, and it would have been a solo drive, and i had work the whole weekend, so reality sucks...chuck and lisa, thats great that you guys made the trip, i can only imagine that NfaGdtrfbNfa dancing peak! Plans are brewing for future shows, savings have begun, see yall down the road sooN!

We were upset we had to miss Asheville and Raleigh but this show more that made up for it. Rob, thanks for "flying by the seat of your pants" That was a wonderful show and the best I've seen so far! Driving 8 hours to get there for our aniversary was well worth it. The venue was nice and pretty cool. They had a deck with a bar to get some fresh air or to smoke.

Guest Charles from Oregon

Wow!! Vegas you rock!! Has The Band ever played "After Midnight", with all these JGB be songs coming out, I was just hoping. elective shows are definately AWESOME!!I have been away from the computer for a few days, looks like the Tour is on FIRE!! Great Job!! Guys and Girl!!

Guest captain420
Has The Band ever played "After Midnight", with all these JGB be songs coming out, I was just hoping.

Yes, many times...last year gamh was the last...I believe the Melkweg got one as well.

But Charles, there are so many more badass JGB tunes they could bust out....Let Me Roll It.

• 1 year later...
Guest Lisacat

I'm not big on celebrating Valentine's Day, so I will say Happy Anniversary to the Hilton Head show from 2 years ago. IMO, the 2nd best DSO show I've seen to date. (however its hard for me to say as I'm finding it now very difficult to compare the JK years with the new Jeff era...apples and oranges...).

This show happens to prove the point that spontaneity can really bring out some of the best music....Rob K had to unexpectedly go home the day of this show, so setlist plans had to be changed, and they whipped up this beauty of an elective as they were "flying by the seats of their pants."

This was also one of the most fun tours I've done.... started out with the lovefest show in Jacksonville and was great all the way through...well until about Milwaukee, a night a couple folks here will never forget (or never remember)....but the band was rockin the whole way through and spirits were high.

The show is not up on the archive and was not remastered, but I do have a copy of the recording from a taper who was generous to send 1 copy out....if there's anyone who knows how to upload to archive.org, I'd gladly send you the discs. Quality isn't the best, but it sure is fun to listen to.

and hey, why not break out that Feel Like Dynamite again? Seemed to work pretty well that night.....

• Forum MVP

And I stand by what I said in my first post in this thread...

Yet comparing the old shows with the JM days is neither easy nor particularly useful when it comes to the stage magic that represents why we do what we do. That was then and this is now. There is a whole new fan base and two years ago, much less four or more, is effectively ancient history. The wheel is always turning, and this is as it should be. But I will say again that this show rates right behind 5-19 in terms of sheer joy at being alive and experiencing the music because the family was missed at HH. Everything else was bliss.

Archived