Denver - Oriental

Guest captain420

I can be an asshole when I get overwhelmed by the circumstances of life. Everybody has this ability.

Thank you DSO and crew for the magic and hard work.

Mason I believe you are taking yourself too seriously.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest crazy digits
Rob Eaton puts a lot of time and work into picking the shows and does a great job at making sure every area or venue gets a rotation of different kinds of shows with minimal repeats.

That being said.... Fillers are anybody's choice as long as the singer wants to sing them.

First, I'll miss Mason..he is good people. I think he was trying to critique the show...He LOVES DSO more than most, just giving his opinion..He KNOWS the band isn't lazy..everyone knows that! You guys/gal are the most giving musicians we know..Thanks for your hard work..

As for my comments....I KNOW how much work Eaton puts into each show, deciding on the set lists etc; I have commented positively on several occasions on this exact matter. I was trying to say that the amount of songs in the original GD show was a joke ( reminds me of the GD coming to an end )....that's all :blush: I always tell newbies to see a couple of shows in a row..you may get 17 songs in the first set like the other night or 6 like the oriental..its all good and you guys/gal are appreciated by everyone of us, regardless of some of our opinions.....I love it all and have even come to love many of the 90's songs I never liked when the GD played them...

~ I say what I mean and I don't give a damn

I do believe and I am who I am ~

First, I'll miss Mason..he is good people. I think he was trying to critique the show...He LOVES DSO more than most, just giving his opinion..He KNOWS the band isn't lazy..everyone knows that! You guys/gal are the most giving musicians we know..Thanks for your hard work..

As for my comments....I KNOW how much work Eaton puts into each show, deciding on the set lists etc; I have commented positively on several occasions on this exact matter. I was trying to say that the amount of songs in the original GD show was a joke ( reminds me of the GD coming to an end )....that's all :blush: I always tell newbies to see a couple of shows in a row..you may get 17 songs in the first set like the other night or 6 like the oriental..its all good and you guys/gal are appreciated by everyone of us, regardless of some of our opinions.....I love it all and have even come to love many of the 90's songs I never liked when the GD played them...

~ I say what I mean and I don't give a damn

I do believe and I am who I am ~

Yeesh, dunno what I stumbled into :P

From a new guy's perspective:

I'm a computer programmer. I feel that I'm a craftsman of sorts. If someone even implied, let alone told me that after seeing my product that I was being lazy there would many many many expletives thrown back at them. I guess that is the human visceral reaction to those kinds of comments.

I've only recently become a fan of the band, but I agree completely with the suggestion to see multiple days in a row! My two shows (heh) so far have shown great difference in (1) song / playstyle rotation from night to night, and (2) that DSO is it's own band and a setlist you might not like to see from the Dead you might like from this band! Or, even more importantly, that DSO can interpret the same setlist differently on different nights.

I appreciate the band for trying to achieve their lofty goal. I think they have had great success in achieving it :D

Matt

Guest deadheadmike
Yeesh, dunno what I stumbled into :P

From a new guy's perspective:

I'm a computer programmer. I feel that I'm a craftsman of sorts. If someone even implied, let alone told me that after seeing my product that I was being lazy there would many many many expletives thrown back at them. I guess that is the human visceral reaction to those kinds of comments.

I've only recently become a fan of the band, but I agree completely with the suggestion to see multiple days in a row! My two shows (heh) so far have shown great difference in (1) song / playstyle rotation from night to night, and (2) that DSO is it's own band and a setlist you might not like to see from the Dead you might like from this band! Or, even more importantly, that DSO can interpret the same setlist differently on different nights.

I appreciate the band for trying to achieve their lofty goal. I think they have had great success in achieving it :D

Matt

Very well said Matt !!! :)

Archived