Montclair

Mango

• Forum MVP
Thanks for the good work, Rob. I've had a PCM/Beta copy of this since 1990 and the Dew section of that tape must be thread bear.

It's amazing that Jerry mixes up the order of the 3rd and 4th verses yet never misses a beat, which results in him giving the "people gone" verse the power treatment usually only reserved for "young man mourn". Bravo!

Might be second only to 3/30/88 for pure vocal power and emotion.

He always mixed up those versus. I know some people would get so bummed when he did that during the show. I never minded THAT much but it did seem to put things right in the world when the last one was the "young man mourn."

3/30/88 is an amazing second set (can't beat a Shakedown>Looks to open any set) but that Dew gets second place in my mind for post 86 Dews.

6/23/88 gets my third place vote.

Not like you asked but...

• Forum MVP

What an amazing run of Dews in the 1st half of '88, when you think 3/30, 6/23, 7/2, and 7/15. I guess you could even throw 7/31 in there, but I don't think it quite keeps pace with those 1st 4. Apologies if I have missed a Dew (no DeadBase here at work), but if I have then it is unmemorable in comparison to the 4-some I just delineated. :D

(As a side note, if anyone has a system that can play back either the spaced Neumann or Schoeps FOB omni tapes of the 7/2 Dew at your nominal cranking volume without distortion then you're rocking some seriously realistic sounding live tunes in your living room!)

Archived