Ridgfield 6/1/09

Dstone5553

• Forum MVP

Thinman texted me the first three songs...

04-26-77 Capitol Theatre, Passaic, N.J. (Tue)

1: Bertha, Me & My Uncle, Roses, Cassidy, Tennessee Jed, Big River, FOTD, Estimated, Deal

2: Good Lovin, Half Step, Dancin> Eyes> Samson, Stella Blue, Sugar Magnolia

filler was : Truckin > Liberty

something went down btwn the band and the local police - hence the encore and the very long halftime

the 1/2 step >>>> sugar mags was rediculous

big river >>>> deal was insane as well....

Guest usblu

something went down btwn the band and the local police - hence the encore and the very long halftime

The town's police department is next door. I sense that a band member, during the set break may have been doing something that ran afoul of their sensibilities, and what ever went down led to about an hour long delay. Another band member said, after the show, 'someone made some bad decisions...'

Otherwise...great show.

I think it would be safe to assume that this was not a smoke-friendly location. My prediction before the show was that it would be a '76 capitol theater show, but i ended up being a year off. solid show but nothing special. will never complain about a bertha opener, but it was a personal repeat for me from last week's westbury show. Me and My Uncle was high energy and Roses was definitely one of the highlights of the night. FOTD and Estimated were also very good but Deal first set closer was another repeat from the show I saw last week. As previously mentioned, the gap between sets was noticeably longer than usual. No need for us to speculate here about the reason.

Was able to worm my way to the front row for most of the second set. I must apologize to those around me based on the fact I was sweating a great deal. Second set was ok, song list didn't really do it for me but the Stella was perfect. The whole set and show as a whole seemed to go by too quickly. Aside from the Stella Blue, Liberty was the tune I enjoyed hearing the most which sends me away from night 1 hoping for more later era dead on night 2 in the form of a 90's show or original set. all in all, another great night spent with dso. it was also nice for a change to not have to drive very far to see a show. living only 10 minutes from the venue, i was able to spend the earlier part of the day on the golf course as opposed to being cooped up in a car.

to be a little more specific:

things starting clicking with the TN Jed, very weird to get a 2nd stand alone cowboy, but big river was big. john's solo of fotd was really nice and i love stand alone estimated's. you almost get a estimated reprise with rob coming back in for some vocals.

the 2nd set was just straight dso ripping '77...obviously eyes and dancin were big. sugar mags also stood out. truckin however, stole the show - awesome work here, some extra umph to it. they broke down the end with some stop/start jamming, and john would throw in blues licks - it was alot like 11.6.77 Truckin breakdown

John went straight into Liberty, no pause, nothing and it was very, very good

psyched for tonight

• Forum MVP
truckin however, stole the show - awesome work here, some extra umph to it. they broke down the end with some stop/start jamming, and john would throw in blues licks - it was alot like 11.6.77 Truckin breakdown

Wow. Strong praise indeed. And a very apt description of the epic jam from Binghamton '77.

Archived