Burlington...

sonomajon

Guest deadheadmike

I guess I should have checked the website to see if it was posted instead of getting pissy ... Sorry all ! and thanks chuck ! :)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the setlist looks pretty damned good if you ask me. Since Vermont is so almighty, maybe the Grateful Dead did you wrong as well back in 95 with this show..

06-15-95 Franklin County Field, Highgate, Vt. (Thu)

1: Touch, Wang Dang Doodle, Peggy-O, El Paso@, Ramble On, B. T. Wind, Loose Lucy> Promised

2: H. C. Sunshine, Samba, Truckin> Rollin & Tumblin> TWBS> He's Gone> Drumz> Box Of Rain> SOTM> Sugar Magnolia E: Liberty

first "Rollin & Tumblin" - Bob Dylan opened

I was at that show and it was dreadful. Jerry was whacked out and lost at that show. Didn't you notice?? He was forgetting words left and right. The 94' show wasn't much better. I loved the scene both those years and enjoyed myself. But the late nineties simply weren't good years for the Dead.

Sorry for all the negativity. I honestly love DSO just not the setlist they played. Like I said before... the band played very well. Just giving my honest feedback. Nothing more. Yes it was self-centered statement and for that I apologize. They can't make everyone happy. Besides I was still recuperating from the Phish show I saw Sat night. Perhaps my lack of sleep and buzz had something to do with it.

I was at that show and it was dreadful. Jerry was whacked out and lost at that show. Didn't you notice?? He was forgetting words left and right. The 94' show wasn't much better. I loved the scene both those years and enjoyed myself. But the late nineties simply weren't good years for the Dead.

Sorry for all the negativity. I honestly love DSO just not the setlist they played. Like I said before... the band played very well. Just giving my honest feedback. Nothing more. Yes it was self-centered statement and for that I apologize. They can't make everyone happy. Besides I was still recuperating from the Phish show I saw Sat night. Perhaps my lack of sleep and buzz had something to do with it.

Ahhhh....your a phishhead....'nuff said that explains everything......;)

(and for those that will jump all over the comment...just kidding....well.....sort of.....)

• Forum MVP
I don't agree. Yes, it is a setlist of songs but there are many differences and individual tastes may gravitate toward those differences. Personally, I love the dimension Lisa adds to their shows so, for example, a '77 Music Never Stopped is, for me, dramatically different than an '87 MNS. I also prefer the piano over the organ so that's another (often substantial difference). And, of course there's style. China>Rider is a great pairing regardless of era. But the '73>'74 style with the unique transitional jam is, for me, the peak version of those songs. '73 Here Comes Sunshine is another example.

That said, I'm one of those who thinks it's a blessing this band is doing such a great job of keeping this music alive. I may prefer certain eras, but I always have a great time regardless of what they play. I thought it was all over in '95. I was wrong. And I'm quite thankful for that.

Of course there is a difference in the way they play a 73 China>Rider versus an 84 China>Rider or a 72 TLEO and a 88 TLEO or a 74 Eyes and an 82 Eyes, or an 18 song first from a 72 show to a 7 or 8 song set from the 90s, and so on. I kind of though those differences were so obvious they didn't need mentioning. It obviously has to do with the GD being different bands throughout their career and throughout their growth and evolution as musicians. My point is that you can get true magic in whatever year they play, with whatever songs they play, because all the songs and set lists are just a blueprint or starting point for the band to take off on. It's not like I don't get your point Hound because like I said, it's pretty obvious, however, I still think many people miss the point. You, Hound, could get everything you want in terms of a year and a set list BUT the playing may not be half as inspired as another night with another time period.

The magic happens according to the band and what they are doing in the 'here and now.' It does NOT happen according to the year they are recreating. And, for me, I am ALL about the magic. That's me though and anyone else has the right to want whatever they want.

Its kinda shitty when a bum post from a disappointed fan gets so many replies and a simple question about the filler songs gets ignored :(

I don't think it's a bum post Mike--it's just an opinion and he/she has the right to it. And we have the right to explain how we feel about it too.

Guest deadheadmike
I don't think it's a bum post Mike--it's just an opinion and he/she has the right to it. And we have the right to explain how we feel about it too.

Its more like a Pooh Pooh post than a bum post , but stating that "Burlington deserves better" is pretty bummy IMHO ;) , and yes he/she has the right to post it and you have the right to rebutt Dave ... you already know that I'm not afraid to voice my opinion and stand up for anyone's opinion that I agree with ... I was just feeling ignored and my feelings were a little hurt because no one took any time to answered my question but took plenty of time to go up against that post , sorry , but thats how I felt at the time I posted ... Peace :)

Guest Mirabela

I've been wanting to post about this show since yesterday morning, but I only just got my account created ...

Monday night at Higher Ground was my first time seeing DSO. Oddly enough, 6/4/95 at Shoreline was the last time I saw the Dead, as was probably the case for a lot of us who were living on the west coast at the time. It was a funny thing ... somewhere around Loose Lucy I had a strange feeling and said to my wife, I think I saw this show ... the rest of the first set might not be all that unusual for '95, I don't know, but I knew if the second opened with HC Sunshine followed before long with Unbroken Chain, that was the one. And, well, there you have it. Weird. What are the odds?

The original show was pretty much an off night ... an early evening start if I remember right, the last night of a three-night run. Grubby, hot, dusty crowd scene in the parking lot with a lot of that 90's nastiness -- I'm talking about teenage junky runaway panhandlers, that kind of thing -- and fairly sloppy, tired-sounding playing and weak, off-key singing and dropped lyrics all around most of the evening. There were a few highlights, as even the limpest shows usually had, but I went away shaking my head. I had dragged a friend with me to that show, a guy who grew up on Shrader Street in the Haight in the 70's and 80's and who by some deliberate perversity had somehow managed to never see them play. This should about sum it up: the highlight of the evening was the very late greasy/salty dinner we ate at some diner after the show. All in all it was pretty much a letdown.

Now, by contrast -- I thought Monday night's show was great! I think DSO was faithful to the sound, the vision of the music the Dead were pursuing in the last year or so -- something a little slower, statelier, a little more syncopated and oriented toward the funk / R&B possibilities in most of the tunes and less toward straight-ahead rock and roll than what we were hearing even a few years before -- yet they played with sustained precision and energy and dynamism and just plain interest in the music that I pretty much gave up on hearing from the original band after '91 or so. There were some great songs on this setlist, and I was thrilled with how fully realized and engaging some of the old standards were. Highlights for me were this rollicking Mexicali Blues that had me dancing my face off, the Cassidy with its jaw-droppingly tense two- or three-peaked jam, a rhythmically complex Eyes of the World, Days Between (admit it, those lyrics are just marvelous!), and a rocking Not Fade Away. I can't remember the last time I was actually riveted to the original band playing NFA, but Monday night's rendition had my full attention.

I have to admit I thought there was something oddly theatrical about us all clapping and singing on after Not Fade; after all, what was going to happen if we didn't? Would DSO just not deliver the Brokedown encore? In the end, though, who cares: here was the tribe, or this little gathering of who we've become, together once again, singing along joyfully with songs we've loved half our lives or more, performed as splendidly as we could ever hope to have heard them done, then or now.

A lot has changed in fourteen years, both in the scene and in our hearts, but this just felt good. We will survive, indeed.

PS -- it was good to see the Hardwick contingent out boogying in force. We know how to get down ...

You, Hound, could get everything you want in terms of a year and a set list BUT the playing may not be half as inspired as another night with another time period.

I hear you, and I pretty much agree. Like I said, I always have a good time; it's just that I prefer certain eras.

Your point reminds me of the tape trading days. Newbies, myself included, would often pick shows from someone's collection based on set lists. Eventually, you got smart and learned to ask them for their best shows.

I've been wanting to post about this show since yesterday morning, but I only just got my account created ...

Monday night at Higher Ground was my first time seeing DSO. Oddly enough, 6/4/95 at Shoreline was the last time I saw the Dead, as was probably the case for a lot of us who were living on the west coast at the time. It was a funny thing ... somewhere around Loose Lucy I had a strange feeling and said to my wife, I think I saw this show ... the rest of the first set might not be all that unusual for '95, I don't know, but I knew if the second opened with HC Sunshine followed before long with Unbroken Chain, that was the one. And, well, there you have it. Weird. What are the odds?

The original show was pretty much an off night ... an early evening start if I remember right, the last night of a three-night run. Grubby, hot, dusty crowd scene in the parking lot with a lot of that 90's nastiness -- I'm talking about teenage junky runaway panhandlers, that kind of thing -- and fairly sloppy, tired-sounding playing and weak, off-key singing and dropped lyrics all around most of the evening. There were a few highlights, as even the limpest shows usually had, but I went away shaking my head. I had dragged a friend with me to that show, a guy who grew up on Shrader Street in the Haight in the 70's and 80's and who by some deliberate perversity had somehow managed to never see them play. This should about sum it up: the highlight of the evening was the very late greasy/salty dinner we ate at some diner after the show. All in all it was pretty much a letdown.

Now, by contrast -- I thought Monday night's show was great! I think DSO was faithful to the sound, the vision of the music the Dead were pursuing in the last year or so -- something a little slower, statelier, a little more syncopated and oriented toward the funk / R&B possibilities in most of the tunes and less toward straight-ahead rock and roll than what we were hearing even a few years before -- yet they played with sustained precision and energy and dynamism and just plain interest in the music that I pretty much gave up on hearing from the original band after '91 or so. There were some great songs on this setlist, and I was thrilled with how fully realized and engaging some of the old standards were. Highlights for me were this rollicking Mexicali Blues that had me dancing my face off, the Cassidy with its jaw-droppingly tense two- or three-peaked jam, a rhythmically complex Eyes of the World, Days Between (admit it, those lyrics are just marvelous!), and a rocking Not Fade Away. I can't remember the last time I was actually riveted to the original band playing NFA, but Monday night's rendition had my full attention.

I have to admit I thought there was something oddly theatrical about us all clapping and singing on after Not Fade; after all, what was going to happen if we didn't? Would DSO just not deliver the Brokedown encore? In the end, though, who cares: here was the tribe, or this little gathering of who we've become, together once again, singing along joyfully with songs we've loved half our lives or more, performed as splendidly as we could ever hope to have heard them done, then or now.

A lot has changed in fourteen years, both in the scene and in our hearts, but this just felt good. We will survive, indeed.

PS -- it was good to see the Hardwick contingent out boogying in force. We know how to get down ...

Nice...welcome aboard...

Guest deadheadmike

Excellent revue and a fantastic first post !!! Welcome to the forum Mirabela ...

I bet you cant wait to go to your next show ... :dsorocks:

Guest Mirabela
Excellent revue and a fantastic first post !!! Welcome to the forum Mirabela ...

I bet you cant wait to go to your next show ... :dsorocks:

Thanks! Actually, I guess I've seen at least some of these guys play before; I saw Uncle John's Band in some hole-in-the-wall bar by the El tracks in Rogers Park (Chicago) in spring of '92 with an old friend. That night was an adventure ... it was daybreak before we made it back to our neighborhood on the South Side, and we almost fell down a manhole off of which some scrap thieves had stolen the cover -- dancing across the street holding hands, and only realized we were on either side of the black hole when we were, well, already there. A month later I resisted her urging to go along with her to RFK, and wouldn't you know she caught the return of Casey Jones while I was, what, holed up reading the Confessions of Saint Augustine or something.

Ahhhh....your a phishhead....'nuff said that explains everything......;)

(and for those that will jump all over the comment...just kidding....well.....sort of.....)

No I am not a Phish Head just a Jam Band afficionado. Tp put things in perspective. I have been to over 100 phish shows almost all in the late 80's before they got big. I have enjoyed 95% of those shows. I have also seen the Grateful Dead over 140 times and have enjoyed 95% of those shows. I have seen DSO at least 30 times have enjoyed 95% of those shows. Enough said. The highlights on Monday for me were Mexicali (Headband was incredible) , Cassidy, and Eyes. I'll see you all the next Higher Ground show!!

• Forum MVP
Highgate, SLC, Seattle, Shoreline, etc were all a terrible disappointment for me at the time...and if you'd care to disagree, just give the archives a listen before you try to say different.

I care to disagree!

If you thought the first two shows of the Shorline and Seattle run and the last night of SLC were a "terrible disappointment for you at the time" you should have probably stayed away all together.

Do yourself a favor and take some time to listen to the Seattle Scarlet>Fire and tell me how disappointing it is. Same with the Visions of Johanna from SLC. Same with the Standing on the Moon>Round and Round and Box>Stella from Shorline.

The 90s were about the incredible moments witnessing moments of pure genius--the days of shows where Garcia had his foot to the floor from first note to last were gone. If you couldn't appreciate the emotionally heart-stopping moments that one Jerry Garcia gave us at Shorline, SLC and Seattle in 1995, then you and I have HIGHLY different perspectives on humanity.

I care to disagree!

If you thought the first two shows of the Shorline and Seattle run and the last night of SLC were a "terrible disappointment for you at the time" you should have probably stayed away all together.

Do yourself a favor and take some time to listen to the Seattle Scarlet>Fire and tell me how disappointing it is. Same with the Visions of Johanna from SLC. Same with the Standing on the Moon>Round and Round and Box>Stella from Shorline.

The 90s were about the incredible moments witnessing moments of pure genius--the days of shows where Garcia had his foot to the floor from first note to last were gone. If you couldn't appreciate the emotionally heart-stopping moments that one Jerry Garcia gave us at Shorline, SLC and Seattle in 1995, then you and I have HIGHLY different perspectives on humanity.

YEAH!!!! thats what Im saying! Jerry blessed us with greatness through Chi town and thats all there is to it.

Hey Lafoo...welcome to the boards!!! Sorry I am a bit late in on this conversation but I am going to stick up for the new guy. Not that I necessarily agree or disagree with him but for expressing an opinion and ruckking it up a bit. Lafoo, don't be dishearted. Lots of us on this fourm are stuck in some big city, roughing out some pretty terrible weather at the moment...We all wish we could be at a '95 DSO show in Burlington.

Regarding the content of your post, I for one defend the band playing whatever they like. I actually think they go way out of thier way to make sure that not only is it different night from night but differnt from the year before. (no idea if this is planned). There is certianly enough diversity and it is a bit of a raffle draw...77, 95, original...I am happy that I am at the point that I dont really care...as long as they rip it up, which they usually do. As for the comment and feedback regarding Burlington deserving something more...well....good-onya for having a little local pride and yes, I can understand a somewhat misdirected sense of entitlement. I mean being from NY I have high expectations that the Nokia will be powerful...and who amongst us has not driven back from a smokin show in New Jersey and thought...why does Jersey get such good shows....Jersey sucks. (oops did I say that out loud?)

Anyway, I love a good lively discussion and how lucky are all of us that we can banter on about something as fun as this while the economy/world is blowing up around us. And how great to have a fourm where bandmembers jump right in.

Hope you were able to make the next night as well.

Guest chefmax
I care to disagree!

Can you hear me on that high horse?

REALLY??...highly different perspectives on humanity? WOW. What a hippy put-down. Pssssh. Whatever guy.

You can reminisce about "moments" all you want, my point was, Mr. Condescending, that in '95 there were, in addition to said brilliance, which I never disputed, LARGE stretches of lackluster, semicohesive music that in and of themselves were still the Dead, but not what they "had been".

Sort of like The Dead now!!

The thread was talking about the disappointment and defense of a 1995 show "recreated" by DSO, and MY point was that DSO puts a HELL of alot more into a 95 than 95 had, FOR THE ENTIRE SHOW! Since you brought up "pedal to the floor" I will use it against you...DSO IS pedal to the floor, EVEN for a '95 show...and therefore being disappointed with the "date" of a DSO show is kinda lost on me...but it wasn't lost when I was watching a drugged up Jerry teeter on death's door for the last 4 months I saw him.

so there :moon:

All that being said, although I PREFER, in my own unhumane way, 69--84 in real Deadworld, I wouldn't want JUST those setlists by DSO

I named my daughter Stella Blue after that 1st shoreline show BTW.

Guest chefmax

All "moments of brilliance" aside, if you were to prioritize the top, say, 5 or 10 shows you ever heard/saw from the band...where would even the BEST 95 place, or would it.

Burlington always gets 100% energy from DSO, whether we deserve it or not...1995 did not.

Nuff said.

In conclusion, the year has absolutely NOTHNING to do with the show--it's all about the band and what they are up to on that night--at least that's how I see it. That's one of the reasons you can't tell anything from the set list for these guys. For example, that Delfest second set didn't necessarily look incredible on paper but, from all reports, it was incredible in reality.

Respectfully I could not disagree more with this statement...The year absolutely is a major element to the mix at least to me for a variety of reasons including, nostalgia, viewer preference, age of viewer, instrumentation etc...

It's my personal opinon that the band does play a little diffrent sylistically depending on the year...understanding it's underlined with their own swath of paint..

Personally since I saw the band from 1978 to1 984 and again from 1993 to 1996..a 95 show would have intrested me...I saw no shows between 1984 and 1993 but also like those late 80's shows because it was when I was leas familiar with what the Dead was up to..

The year covered matters to me on a variety of levels...

anyone there last night????

and I wish I would have been there for that 95 recreation! I would imagine the energy there was pretty strong, as it always is in Burlington. Personally, I love getting the 90's shows....don't get them too often and the setlists are always a little different. Although....I'd take anything any night really..... its all good.

I was there lisa and let me tell you what a treat it was for DSO to play a 95 show :)

I have never seen them do such a late show and I felt so lucky to be a part of it. Loved the way they started here comes sunshine, victim or the crime was another highlight of the night. It was my first show back since carnegie music hall (way to long) and it was great!!! See everyone down the road...GRATEFUL FEST here we come!

Well, the rounder we go the weirder we get! First and foremost THANK YOU DARK STAR for keeping the scene and the music alive and kicking!

some rambling observations:

Many of us who'd been seeing the GD since late sixties often have a tough time with post-Donna shows. We're old people stuck in our ways. Some of us, not me, could handle truly revolutionary rock & roll, like the ever-changing Neil Young. Me, I'm still stuck in the 70's, with Crazy Horse, Duane & Dickey, and of course Pigpen.

While I cringe a bit with every Broken Arrow, Liberty or Brent tune, I can appreciate that DSO brings wonderful energy to these shows and tunes and I can say I've really enjoyed more 80's shows with the Stars then I did with the Deads.

The trouble for me is that Ms. Mackey is so damned fantastic, that it's always tough to show up and not see that extra mike on the stage.

My first DSO show was the only one I've seen that recreated a Dead show I'd been to - 6/9/76 Boston Music Hall -- no wonder I was hooked from the first outing. I rate my experience right after every show, before it all rolls into one. Looking back at those ratings all of my 5-star shows were Lisa shows, with the exception of 9/6/80 Lewiston ME -- DSO pulled out all the stops at Lupo's recreating that gem.

Of course another factor is the DSO keeps getting better, regardless of the era they're channeling. I also feel like, and wonder if it's really true, the band just plays even better in certain venues. Every Hampton Casino Ballroom show has been just awesome, regardless of setlist or era.

Last summer I had to expand my rating system to include my first 6-star show -- 11/6/77 Binghampton playing at the Gathering of the Vibes. Coulda died happy right then and there. Tough to beat a 77 masterpiece (even though the acid was better in 71!)

My last 8 shows were all Original or 70's, all Lisa shows. So I know I'm due for some later stuff. The great thing is it's all great dance music no matter the year.

Still hoping for that 8/6/71-Hollywood Palladium one of these days. That's the night that Jerry took over my soul. And I'm still grateful.

Hope to see some of you kynd folks at Cohasset tonight!

Guest Mirabela
The trouble for me is that Ms. Mackey is so damned fantastic, that it's always tough to show up and not see that extra mike on the stage

Oh, yeah -- I'd never heard her sing before, but she came out for the Midnight Hour filler on Monday. What a treat. Damn, that was good. It may well be that at some point the Grateful Dead did the song as well as we heard it done the other night, but if they did then that's a tape I sure haven't heard.

Anyway -- I think why I wanted to post so bad is that this was the first post-Jerry show I've seen by any lineup of anybody that left me convinced that this very special music is alive and well and in good hands. Looking for the right people to carry this thing forward might be a little like hunting down the next High Lama, but if these guys aren't Anointed then they're ... close enough to pretend ;)

Don't get me wrong, it's not like there is not lots of other great music to listen to, played really well by the people to whom it belongs, but this is a highly specialized body of work that requires, and deserves, a very particular kind of treatment. I hope they play Vermont again sometime soon. I'll be back.

• Forum MVP
Well, the rounder we go the weirder we get! First and foremost THANK YOU DARK STAR for keeping the scene and the music alive and kicking!

some rambling observations:

Many of us who'd been seeing the GD since late sixties often have a tough time with post-Donna shows. We're old people stuck in our ways. Some of us, not me, could handle truly revolutionary rock & roll, like the ever-changing Neil Young. Me, I'm still stuck in the 70's, with Crazy Horse, Duane & Dickey, and of course Pigpen.

While I cringe a bit with every Broken Arrow, Liberty or Brent tune, I can appreciate that DSO brings wonderful energy to these shows and tunes and I can say I've really enjoyed more 80's shows with the Stars then I did with the Deads.

The trouble for me is that Ms. Mackey is so damned fantastic, that it's always tough to show up and not see that extra mike on the stage.

My first DSO show was the only one I've seen that recreated a Dead show I'd been to - 6/9/76 Boston Music Hall -- no wonder I was hooked from the first outing. I rate my experience right after every show, before it all rolls into one. Looking back at those ratings all of my 5-star shows were Lisa shows, with the exception of 9/6/80 Lewiston ME -- DSO pulled out all the stops at Lupo's recreating that gem.

Of course another factor is the DSO keeps getting better, regardless of the era they're channeling. I also feel like, and wonder if it's really true, the band just plays even better in certain venues. Every Hampton Casino Ballroom show has been just awesome, regardless of setlist or era.

Last summer I had to expand my rating system to include my first 6-star show -- 11/6/77 Binghampton playing at the Gathering of the Vibes. Coulda died happy right then and there. Tough to beat a 77 masterpiece (even though the acid was better in 71!)

My last 8 shows were all Original or 70's, all Lisa shows. So I know I'm due for some later stuff. The great thing is it's all great dance music no matter the year.

Still hoping for that 8/6/71-Hollywood Palladium one of these days. That's the night that Jerry took over my soul. And I'm still grateful.

Hope to see some of you kynd folks at Cohasset tonight!

I hope you all don't mind if I answer a few basic questions(while I'm listening to some Tom Waits)

We go on EVERY stage, every night ready to give our all, regardless of venue, size of crowd, etc.

Our own Mr. Eaton painstakingly puts together the show lists for tour making sure that every time we come to your town(any town) we never repeat an era or set list. At the same time he balances what tunes we play night to night so as not to repeat too many(which serves two purposes: we don't get bored or those of you who see multiple shows get greater variety)

We all have our favorite eras of Dead. Some because of the nostalgia, some for the musicality. At the end of the day we in DSO come to play any era as well as we can and being true to the moment, not the era. Yes, we have different stage plots and instruments, but, it's all about being in the moment and allowing the muse or what have you to guide us.

Please remember, differences of opinion are extremely important to keep any scene vibrant and alive!

Much love, Rob Barraco

Guest chefmax

Well said Rob....I think this discussion (my pissy 2 cents included) has "evolved" to a when was the GD good/bad as far as era is concerned debate...

you guys rock the sh!t out of whatever date you play. PERIOD.

and thanks for a sweet Alligator AND NTYSM on Tuesday...to both Robs.

• Forum MVP
Can you hear me on that high horse?

REALLY??...highly different perspectives on humanity? WOW. What a hippy put-down. Pssssh. Whatever guy.

You can reminisce about "moments" all you want, my point was, Mr. Condescending, that in '95 there were, in addition to said brilliance, which I never disputed, LARGE stretches of lackluster, semicohesive music that in and of themselves were still the Dead, but not what they "had been".

Sort of like The Dead now!!

The thread was talking about the disappointment and defense of a 1995 show "recreated" by DSO, and MY point was that DSO puts a HELL of alot more into a 95 than 95 had, FOR THE ENTIRE SHOW! Since you brought up "pedal to the floor" I will use it against you...DSO IS pedal to the floor, EVEN for a '95 show...and therefore being disappointed with the "date" of a DSO show is kinda lost on me...but it wasn't lost when I was watching a drugged up Jerry teeter on death's door for the last 4 months I saw him.

so there :moon:

All that being said, although I PREFER, in my own unhumane way, 69--84 in real Deadworld, I wouldn't want JUST those setlists by DSO

I named my daughter Stella Blue after that 1st shoreline show BTW.

This is all in good fun Chefmax. You seem to have a hard time getting that. All of our opinions, no matter how passionately we believe them, are just that-- opinions. "Different perspective on humanity" and you take that literally? You take that seriously? My only advice to you Chef is to lighten up. For god sakes man, lighten up. This isn't the fist time you've gotten all hot and bothered.

And do yourself a favor and listen to the examples I provided you in those shows you found so disappointing (your advice to us was to listen to them before disagreeing with you and I am suggesting you do the same--you might be surprised at what you find).

Archived