Burlington...

sonomajon

Guest Mirabela

Hey, one other thing and then I'll go back to my hole and finish grading final exams --

I think it's incredibly nice that band members -- plural -- actually read things on this forum and post in response. It's already plenty obvious that you care about what you're doing and about the kooky band of people to whom it matters so much, but this is more involvement than I'd ever have dared to expect.

Anyway, as long as you're around and watching our conversations -- thanks for your good work. I really enjoyed the show.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is all in good fun Chefmax. You seem to have a hard time getting that. All of our opinions, no matter how passionately we believe them, are just that-- opinions. "Different perspective on humanity" and you take that literally? You take that seriously? My only advice to you Chef is to lighten up. For god sakes man, lighten up. This isn't the fist time you've gotten all hot and bothered.

And do yourself a favor and listen to the examples I provided you in those shows you found so disappointing (your advice to us was to listen to them before disagreeing with you and I am suggesting you do the same--you might be surprised at what you find).

David,

A shout out regarding that Lake Placid 83' Sugaree...I get it!... Can't stop listening to it. Garcia uses every color in his amazing palette to rip his way through the song....Absolutely loving it! Thanks again...Regarding the heightened levels of emotions on this thread. Respectful banter is IMHO what life is about...So maybe we should all spin a little John Lennon Imagine and take a few deep breaths...and carry on with a lively...but no so charged discussion...but WTFDIK!

Peace to all...J

Guest deadheadmike

EDIT: :blush:

Jon & David

I'm gonna lighten up and remove the stress of this thread with some of my DSO downloads and I think I'll start with Days Between (10/04/08 Fillmore ) in honor of you two Fine Gentlemen from Beautiful Northern Cali :) and meditate with thoughts of how much fun we'll be having at the Fillmore this Fall. :grouphug:

Guest ashleyrose33

DSO in Burlington was by far the greatest experience I've had touring with them! Heading from my first Phish show to VT to hear an AMAZING 95' show, then original setlist for me was spectacular! It was awesome to be with my own family on top of seeing the DSO fam. The music sounded beautiful and the atmosphere had tons of energy. I can't wait for the NY/ NJ run next month....I'm already antsy!!!

• Advisory Board
Jersey sucks. (oops did I say that out loud?)

Well said my friend!!! WELL SAID! :) :) :)

The trouble for me is that Ms. Mackey is so damned fantastic, that it's always tough to show up and not see that extra mike on the stage.

LISA MACKEY IS THE SHIT!!!!

Nuff said!

Right on. Civil discourse rocks!

Namaste...

I implore all you Sugaree fans to listen to 5-5-77 real loud and try to tell me you don't feel better....Phil and Jerry ...Jerry and Phil....listen...Shake it up now'....

I implore all you Sugaree fans to listen to 5-5-77 real loud and try to tell me you don't feel better....Phil and Jerry ...Jerry and Phil....listen...Shake it up now'....

And then kindly consider fast forwarding to Boston and questioning your existence around the 1/2 Step...Best of luck...toodeloo...

I'm on my way...

Jer takes flight around 5:50...

• Forum MVP

Done and done, Jon, with a few intermediate stops along the way... :)

Back on that May '77 jaunt we firmly believed that the answer to the existential pondering was to be found across the lazy river, and that we'd get there thanks to those perforated white sheets we were toting. I think part of my problem is that I still do...

Done and done, Jon, with a few intermediate stops along the way... :)

Back on that May '77 jaunt we firmly believed that the answer to the existential pondering was to be found across the lazy river, and that we'd get there thanks to those perforated white sheets we were toting. I think part of my problem is that I still do...

I hear you Chuck...not necessarily a bad thing however...you may say I'm a dreamer...but...it is a gift to have those moments captured in sonic quality to experience..and to have DSO...revisiting those places in no particular way but their own...

• Forum MVP
I hear you Chuck...not necessarily a bad thing however...you may say I'm a dreamer...but...it is a gift to have those moments captured in sonic quality to experience..and to have DSO...revisiting those places in no particular way but their own...

Amen. It ia always appropriate to take time for those songs that we hear, especially here at the airport where TSA sings them soft, strong, sweet and true...

And to digress just a tad - hell, Steve, Herdy loves jugs so you know that deep down inside he's really fond of the jughandles...

Guest deadheadmike

Smoken Sugaree Jon ... total Jerry and Phil jam session !!!

Guest deadheadmike
And then kindly consider fast forwarding to Boston and questioning your existence around the 1/2 Step...Best of luck...toodeloo...

I'm on my way...

Great show Jon ! 77 was the year to be on the bus ... I didn't make it to the party till 1980 , but thanks to technology and deadicated tapers like Charlie Miller and Rob Eaton we get to enjoy these shows ... Good call man this show is rockin'...I'm stuck in 1977 right now and probably for the rest of the weekend or maybe longer :D ...

EDIT: :blush:

Jon & David

I'm gonna lighten up and remove the stress of this thread with some of my DSO downloads and I think I'll start with Days Between (10/04/08 Fillmore ) in honor of you two Fine Gentlemen from Beautiful Northern Cali :) and meditate with thoughts of how much fun we'll be having at the Fillmore this Fall. :grouphug:

Mike,

I'm looking forward to hanging with ya bro! It'll be October before we know it! Have a great weekend...

Jon

I'm on my way...

Oh no...dont get me started on 1/2 Steps. My eternal search for the perfect one is a long standing hobby of mine. Boston is in the top 4 to me along with Englishtown 77, Binghampton 77 and William & Mary 78. I still think Englishtown is the best but William & Mary is just crazed! They opened with it and they could have walked off the stage at the end and said goodnight!

Cranking Boston now...and anticipating 5:50....thanks for the re-introduction.

Guest deadheadmike
Oh no...dont get me started on 1/2 Steps. My eternal search for the perfect one is a long standing hobby of mine. Boston is in the top 4 to me along with Englishtown 77, Binghampton 77 and William & Mary 78. I still think Englishtown is the best but William & Mary is just crazed! They opened with it and they could have walked off the stage at the end and said goodnight!

Cranking Boston now...and anticipating 5:50....thanks for the re-introduction.

77 Boston is cranking over here also in sucky New Jersey the land of SMOKIN' DSO shows ;) pw my Brother !!! :)

77 Boston is cranking over here also in sucky New Jersey the land of SMOKIN' DSO shows ;) pw my Brother !!! :)

:rofl: Touche! You know just by cranking Boston 77, you are improving the state considerably. Thanks for doing your part!!! :D

By the way, whats with the Jughandles?

Guest deadheadmike
:rofl: Touche! You know just by cranking Boston 77, you are improving the state considerably. Thanks for doing your part!!! :D

By the way, whats with the Jughandles?

Well first of all they suck ... but they are what we use to make left turns with here in NJ on divided roadways and there is a shit-load of them in south Jersey where I live ... The upper right portion of the picture is a jug handle ...

figure7.gif

Guest deadheadmike
How about a picture of the rotary Mike ,they're the best .

Steve do you mean all the roundabouts their installing on the roads down here ?

• Forum MVP
Oh no...dont get me started on 1/2 Steps.....William & Mary is just crazed! They opened with it and they could have walked off the stage at the end and said goodnight!

Yeah, but given how that show played out it sure is good that they didn't!

• Forum MVP
Steve do you mean all the roundabouts their installing on the roads down here ?

The circles that they have all over Jersey ,they have been doing away with alot of them in recent but there still are a bunch of em down near the shore.

Guest deadheadmike
The circles that they have all over Jersey ,they have been doing away with alot of them in recent but there still are a bunch of em down near the shore.
They've been trying to reconfigure them all to make them safer by adding turn off roads or off ramps and on some of them they cut the main road right through the middle and added lights ... none of its working , they're still dangerous ...

800px-Marlton_circle.jpg

Archived