Set 2:

Eyes Of The World

Sugar Magnolia

Goin' Down The Road Feelin' Bad

Casey Jones

Encore:

One More Saturday Night

Filler: Sing your blues away

interesting night....place was only about half-full and full of guys....way too much testosterone in that place.

Eyes was the highlight....good long jam. and Stella was beautiful.

Guest Lisacat
Why was the second set so short? [Torin response soon to appear?]

according to setlists.net, the dead were supposed to go on at 6 PM and they didn't go on til 11 PM

I had a blast last night. It was too bad that not many people came out, DSO rocked. Truckin' and Stella placed late in the first set were my highlights. I also really enjoyed the Johnny B. Goode openner. Rob was on drums, Dino took over for Sing Your Blues Away. I guess the music circus has a curfew, DSO came on right at 7:30 and finished right around 10:30. Everyone there looked like they enjoyed the show, I had fun. See everybody up in Hampton.

Among the other highlights metioned, Big River was absolutely smoking! Casey Jones was also a nice set closer. It was also downright chilly there last night. Eventhough it is mid June, that cool moist air from the ocean was chilling your bones. It was nice to have DSO there to warm us up.

Guest deadheadmike

That is a very un-balanced set list ... I'm sure DSO gave the fans in attendance their all and rock'd the house !!! :)

:dsorocks:

That is a very un-balanced set list ... I'm sure DSO gave the fans in attendance their all and rock'd the house !!! :)

:dsorocks:

That is not in question. Dso really rocked this one, but with the time constraints from the venue, they had to end by 10:30 ish. It's good to know that DSO has a historian on staff to find a Dead show that had to be cut short also. I thought for sure this was an original until they announced it at the end. I guess it was JBG opener that threw me off the trail. Eyes was Magical as usual!

Guest deadheadmike
That is not a question. Dso really rocked this one, but with the time constraints from the venue, they had to end by 10:30 ish. It's good to know that DSO has a historian on staff to find a Dead show that had to be cut short also. I thought for sure this was an original until they announced it at the end. I guess it was JBG opener that threw me off the trail. Eyes was Magical as usual!

10:30 sounds kinda nice to this older guy ... even though the first set is big and the second set is short song count wise , the total song count is 18 including my favorite filler "Sing your blues away" and 18 tunes is a show ... Rob Eaton does a fantastic job keeping it fresh !!!

Guest deadheadmike
Laughing my ass off!!

I once got jet lag from a 3 night run in Burlington years ago...It took me a week to recover...burligton shows seem to start later and seem not to have any curfew (at least back then).

I was at Montclair and Philly 2 weeks ago and Montclair was not as late as Philly, I think I got home around 2:30 am from Monclair but I didn't get home from Philly till 4:30 am and I suffered for a few days after, but what the heck can you do when you gotta rock :D ...

This was a 4-star show, loads of fun, a top-notch setlist offset by brevity; The volume could have been cranked a bit (especially for a Wall of Sound era show).

Rob Eaton's excellent fill and lead playing was particularly noticeable in the mix tonight; Rob Koritz makes the one drummer show into a tour-de-force -- bare feet and all.

My one quibble - and don't get me wrong I love Lisa and would gladly hear her glorious pipes at every show. But I'm not sure I can handle "recreating" a show that had no Donna and just inserting Lisa into the mix. Donna left the tour in November '73, eight and a half months pregnant with Zion.

It's always tough to appreciate an early seventies rendition of a song that became more intense later on. Tennessee and Deal are great examples of this. On the other hand the Eyes was still killer, though way less expansive than versions from 77 and beyond.

This was the one and only GD show that opened with J.B.Goode.

Thanks again DSO for keeping on!

Archived