Forum MVP 2muchfun Posted August 3 Forum MVP Report Posted August 3 Just to get it on the record… Took the flying aluminum tube to Oakland to see my first DSO in California. The weekend was spectacular…great music, people, weather Two quite different shows but equally enjoyable in their own unique way. 7/31 tribute to Bobby with JGB opening (kinda weird since 8/1 is well 8/1 but I am sure scheduling conflicts in play) Melvin was ridiculously good… Many guests some of which I saw 2 weeks ago in Indianapolis seeing Barraco and Skeleton Crewe were a part of DSO sets. I still see in my mind 6 percussionists banging on Rob/Dino drum kits 8/1 Jerry birthday…suffice to say the DarkStar->El Paso->Eyes->Dew->Sugar Mag is why I’ve seen this band for 27 years. DSO still surprises me just how good they are. Of course saw many friends even though my first time dancing to DSO in the golden state. Not sure where next adventure will be but isn’t that the point. 4 1 5 Quote
TJed Posted August 8 Report Posted August 8 DSO at the Greek, wish I could have been there. So amazed that DSO continues this long, strange, wonderful trip. Been on their bus since 2000, hoping to catch more shows this Fall. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.