Jump to content

Dead duck

Forum MVP
  • Posts

    1,230
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    57

Everything posted by Dead duck

  1. Man the last two weekends I have hit this little soon to be private club in Louisville. It’s just starting but apparently a guy who used to post “living room concerts” online with local musicians bought a place to start having these shows. No cover, BYOB, and they pass the hat with 100% of the donations going to the artists performing. 1st week I went was a bluegrass band that I basically watched grow up and become a band down at Terrapin hill farm. Last night was a local legend who played old blues and gave us a Peggy O. Dude is a music lover who tells everyone that this is a “listening room” not a concert hall. A place for music lovers to go to listen to music. Just a freakin beautiful spot for live local music with no hassles. He’s been doing this about 8 months, and I’m kinda salty that I’m just now hearing about it because so far it seems Taylor made for me.
  2. Sammy and I went over to Louisville to see Stolen Faces from Nashville. It was a good time. They played tight but short jams which meant a ton of songs got played. I need to back off and give my foot time to heal before Summer but I’ll have to start after next weekend because we are going up to Grateful Dead night at the Redwings on the 14th. Taking my sister and nieces who aren’t dead or hockey fans. Merry Christmas to them lol
  3. I took the boys and a buddy to New Orleans for Billy. We stayed in Tuscaloosa Thursday and had the whole city to ourselves because everyone was already in NO for the sugar bowl. We ended up going to the sugar bowl and was a cool way to spend the day. Left early due to Bama beatdown. Literally bumped right into Archie Manning outside his restaurant while looking over my shoulder trying to sneak out to the street for a toke 🤣. We didn’t get to do much pokin around, but ate some good shit, and had a killer time. Broke my foot thanksgiving week and had been feeling pretty good but it was the size of a grapefruit again when I got home. Totally worth it. If you ask Luke the highlight was the 75,000 sq ft gas station Buc-ee’s that had killer brisket sandwiches and was kind of like a mix between a grocery store and a Bass Pro shop. Lol my friend told Luke he’d buy him a beaver hat but he had to wear it the whole trip so all my pics luke is wearing a bucee beaver toboggan with the pippy longstocking braids. He says Billy is kicking it to 3 nights next year but I don’t know where he saw it Also ran into AC both nights in NO but we somehow missed each other at the Pageant 😂
  4. I almost fell over the rail in the balcony one year at the Ryman. Was a NYE with old crow medicine show. Balloons dropped and I about did too. People behind me had the look on their faces like they just witnessed someone almost die, which was in all likelihood the case.
  5. One of these years I’ll get down there for Christmas jam. Always broke throughout December as I prep for Christmas and wherever we are headed for NYE. It’s on my someday list though for sure
  6. What must all the states around me be so ass backwards? I’m never gonna get it and Illinois don’t count because I’d go broke smoking their stuff 😢
  7. Jeff Beck had Jonny Depp with him. That part was less than ideal, but it sure did sell the tix. I haven’t seen that Palace that full maybe ever. Packed show
  8. Luke and I are going to the Palace to see Jeff Beck tonight. Seeing JB on the old crossroads festivals on PBS was one of the very first things I remember Luke being interested in musically when he was little. The year he played with that Tal Willenfield (that’s a totally butchered spelling of her name most likely) blew his mind and started him down a great guitar player rabbit hole that led to his encyclopedic knowledge on the subject. To the point every time Rolling Stone releases a top 50 guitar players of all time he takes their discretions personal.
  9. Dead duck

    Football

    Seahawks won their super bowl beating Russ week one. May not win another game all year. My Russ MVP bet ain’t lookin so hot, but my Jalen Hurts one might be 🔥🔥
  10. Last night we rolled 4 deep into Lucas oils for the colts owner Jim Irsay band show. He had his collection of artifacts on display which include Tiger, Dylan’s famous Newport folk fest guitar, and David Gilmore’s black strat which actually got played even after he spent nearly $4M on it. Mike mills from REM, Buddy Guy, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Ann Wilson did about 30 minutes of zeppelin. Then at the end, Indiana Royalty Jonny Cougar Mellencamp came out which was awesome because Luke hates him but Indiana llooooooooooooves him. I laughed so hard I cried. He was smokin heaters the entire 1.5 song performance. If you have the chance to view that collection, it’s unbelievable. Not just music stuff sports like Ali’s belt from rumble in the jungle and Jackie robinson’s bat, along with letters from Lincoln and Washington and traditional history stuff
  11. Me and Luke did the Alpine run for Phish. I hadn’t been to AV since the Terrapin family reunion In like ‘04. Stayed in Milwaukee. Ate too much fried cheese. Any more than 3 days my heart may have gave out. 🤣😆
  12. I went to see Chest Fever, do a tribute to 50th anniv of Rock of Ages, if that act comes near you it’s worth the night out. Short show but they threw down. Was a real good time In a tiny venue maybe 60-70 people tops
  13. I feel like we saw different shows. 🤣😆 We stayed up top for space and sound and hung round in front of the VIP tent. Luke said he liked Friday's show over all 3 from Louisville. I thought that was a little much, but had a great time and didn’t leave disappointed in the least. The Fiddler feels to me like a perfect fit. Boys went back Saturday with friends but I stayed home for BCE in New Albany (basically Louisville) which was in an awesome little outdoor venue.
  14. Luke and I did the Trey solo acoustic opener in Louisville. Iroquois was barely half full. Was kinda surprised. We got super cheap tix off CoT an hour and a half before show. It was a fun little set. Trey said last time phish played Louisville was ‘95, and after the turnout he had I don’t see that changing. Lol
  15. I had to try out for Little shop of horrors in high school under threat of losing car privileges. So I did and was cast, (probably based on reputation) as a wino. I’m sure mom was beaming with pride as I rolled around drunk on stage. 🤣😆
  16. I was around but on mushrooms. Don’t remember tornadoes lol. We did post show shakedown on Saturday and pre show shakedown on Sunday.
  17. I did the Phish 3 day Deercreek run. Saturday was nuts. Friday/Sunday each had some moments of awesomeness.
  18. For sure man.
  19. It was pretty packed compared to a month earlier when we were there. Don’t think it was sold out tho
  20. Went to see JRaD in Newport KY last night. Was a good time. A few times they would play a long intro jam before dropping into this or that song and I really enjoyed those. Was my first time seeing them live. I like that little venue. Was the same one DSO played a month ago
  21. Saw Elton John at the YUM yesterday. Luke bought those tix when he was 16 and he’ll be 20 in Sept. it was postponed twice, he finally got his show. He played a straight 2:40 set no break. I was dying for set break by like 9:15but realized by quarter of ten that he was just gonna power through. He said his farewell tour is over 200 shows in, but he still has over 120 left. That’s a helluva long tour. Lol
  22. Me and luke went to see “live at the Fillmore” ABB tribute last night. It was good. Solid show if they come round you. Been a long time and I missed seeing that music played.
  23. That green ez up at the end of vendors row is moi. Was a rough 3 nights sleeping under that w/out a tent in that rain. Lol
  24. Saw Bobby last night in Nashville Indiana in a venue the size of a high school orchestra hall. Was pretty awesome. He was chatty and engaging, was a real good energy all night. 2nd set was the best I’ve seen Bobby in years. set 1 music>Easy answers>music>standin on shaky ground>music Mission in the rain Ten Jed althea hard rain Mama tried lovelight set 2 Easy to slip throwing stones UJB>Supp>UJB He’s gone watchtower Wharf rat sugar mag E. Saturday night Bobby was acoustic on Hard rain and easy to slip The addition of Jeff and the strings and horns was nice
  25. They are in Louisville in Feb. plan is to go although I have to work inventory the next morning at 6. Lol so if I go I won’t be getting to wild
×
×
  • Create New...