-
Posts
1,230 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
57
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Dead duck
-
Saw Melvin tonight at the Madison in Covington. DSO played there back in 2013 I think and possibly the show that got cancelled in ‘14 or ‘15 was supposed to be there too. I have really enjoyed his shows since that Zach(k?) Nugent took the lead guitar spot. Harder they come Bright side of the road So many roads Evangeline lets spend the night together Tangled 2 Cats Dear Prudence Takes a lot to laugh, takes a train to cry gotta serve somebody Brown eyed women Ill take you there>bridge over troubled water>I’ll take you there (lady singer this was very cool) Deal Im probably missing 1-2 out of each set. That’s the best memory will allow at the moment. But I had a good time and enjoyed the show
-
He had Margo Price sing with him when I saw him at Ryman back in November
-
It was a good not great show. I’d say you won’t have your mind blown but won’t feel like you wasted $20 either. Although if they have the same opener we had tonight, go ahead and get there an hour late. Lemon was in their name. They played the Woodstock setlist and then about an hour of filler. Danceable. TC did a little solo piano stuff before main set started
-
I’m seeing them tonight. Will post a late night/early morning review.
-
If we had camera phones back then I would literally be unemployable. As is I’m sure there are tons of pics of me committing illegal acts as an idiotic teen spread all over the country
-
1st set Rubin Cassidy Cumberland Tore up to close the set. 2nd set Viola Lee was nuts. Felt like it climaxed forever. Other one was sick too. And 3 man drums was pretty sweet.
-
Saw Dino play with Born cross eyed last night in Lexington at Cosmic Charlie’s. It was a killer good time but I swear CC is in a new location every time I go down there
-
Last Saturday I went to the venue where the live dead ‘69 show is happening, and the poster says they are recreating the set from Woodstock Also this summer I am finally getting my boys to see Phil, the last living member box they have to check off. Thanks to Willie Nelson and his outlaw tour, he is dragging Phil to the middle of the country and we are gonna hit the Chicago stop.
-
There is a tour going round called “Live Dead ‘69” Not sure who is involved but it falls on a day I’ve already scheduled off so I plan on Checking it out. They are playing the same venue DSO plays when they come to Louisville. I looked it it up and it’s Tom Constanten, Mark Karan, Robin Sylvester, Slick Aguilar (Starship) and JGBs drummer and jay lane are splitting drum duties. Not sure if this is still the lineup but it was when the tour started in ‘17
-
I’ve always told the boys I want that to lay me down played at my funeral.
-
I respect the guy as a performer and a songwriter. He has a very dedicated fan base. And I know we can all identify with that. I’ve heard the same positive reviews about his live performances. I’d hold my tongue if I was ever up east. Lol. My boy has a similar dislike for John Mellencamp. And living in Indiana I have to tell him to dial it back. People love that guy round here. 😆😂
-
So before I start the story I’ll just apologize ahead of time if you are a fan. I am not but didn’t know I hereditarily passed the hatred down until today. Had a a meeting with counselors at my sons school today. Routine thing we do once a year just to make sure he isn’t falling behind in anything. Teachers each sent notes to the meeting and most were just usual stuff. “He is fine” ”well behaved” “no problems” Now some of you know how he is with his knowledge of music and it’s not limited to the Grateful Dead. I’d put him up against just about anyone in music trivia of 50’s 60’s and 70’s music. Anyhow then we get to his radio teachers comments ”Luke is very enthusiastic in my class and is a joy to teach.......... except when he often debates me telling me how Bruce Springsteen sucks and how overrated he is” I laughed through the whole meeting after that. Literally shed tears and offered to excuse myself. 😆😂😆 Again sorry if the Boss is your guy but I had to share somewhere.
-
Wonder what song brought this on?
-
An hour and a half drive each way. I call that “local” 😆😂 will review if I make it
-
Anyone ever seen the Garcia project? Supposed to be in Covington (near Cincinnati) Saturday. Don’t think they’ve played down this way before or if they have I haven’t heard. They recreate JGB shows I think. I may try to make it up that way.
-
I saw him at Wanee 2 years ago. He sat in with WSP and Mule and a ton of other acts plus his band played multiple sets and they played on a stage trailer that drove through the campground and there was a train of people dancing and following it. Was the first I’d ever heard of him but he could tear it up
-
All the cornmeal talk had me reminiscing about jubilee 1. Great music, shit weather, but good vibes prevailed and great times were had.
-
never saw this before. Good stuff
-
Nice. Happy anniversary
-
Also in ‘84 first official tapers section showhttps://www.jambase.com/article/grateful-dead-hosts-first-tapers-section-show-date-1984
-
Well had to cancel my trip to see todays show. Plant decided to shut down 4th of July week successfully sucking up all my remaining vacation time. Still hitting Indy tonorrow and will probably have an extra ticket if anyone here wants to save on fees. Face no fees 👍 Enjoy tonights show.
-
As far as i know it just sprinkled on and off most of the night after music. Sun came out early Monday and was still able to dry everything out before we packed up. Hit road about 11:30 Monday morning.
-
FREE SHOW Presented by Springfield Arts Council Veterans Park Amphitheater (Turner Amphitheater) 250 Cliff Park Road Springfield, OH 45504 (937) 324-2712 FAQ's (seating etc.) Directions/Parking Info Age Restrictions: All Ages
-
Mmmmmmm. To those in attendance, enjoy.
-
Its gotta be 5-26 or 5-28 right?
