Mark Star
New Poster-
Posts
12 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
2
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Mark Star
-
Happy Birthday, Rob!!!! And, ......you've heard this before from me right after some of the shows.......THANKS!!!!!! Mark
-
Good God Almighty!!!! What an epic show! Not only was the lineup stacked with heavy hitters, the boys brought supreme effort to the table on each and every one, achieving possibly one of their top ten greatest shows .......or close to it. I'll leave that determination to the pros in here, but to me it was mindblowing! And easily #1 on my short list of shows. "ON FIRE" is putting it mildly! WOW!!! 😃 I truly feel blessed that I was in that room. DSO, THANK YOU for doing what you do!!!!!!! You are a very special group of people! ----- BTW, the first night was GREAT!!! This second night was RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!! 😁🤩 Mark
-
Awesome lineup, Bill! I'm sure you had a great one last night! Estimated, Scarlet>Fire is one hell of a way to start that second set! SO sweet. I'll be in Hampton Beach for the 2 shows. In front of Eaton with light blue JITS shirt. Probably at the Sea Ketch bar before....... HAVE A BIG SHOW TONIGHT in Harrisburg! 😃 Mark
-
I just stopped by 'cause I wanna say...........
Mark Star replied to Mark Star's topic in Random Thoughts
Holy shit. I just now saw those emojis or whatever they are on the right side of the posts! LOL! I am SO old school and basically ANTI-social media literate because I just don't want to go down that road. My life has been fking superb W/O any of that crap! Simple and REAL is the way I like to live. But whatever, Taper Ron, thanks for the insight!!! And taking the time to explain things. The word "react" is the key word, and that stuff is on the right side of the posts! I thought it meant "respond". The newbie is still in the learning stages................ What I'm NOT learning about is how much I love listening to LIVE GD and going to DSO shows!!!! 14 Dayz........... I feel lucky! (Time to hit the "play" button for one of the best Shakedowns-----06-30-85, and CRANK IT!!!!!) Mark -
I just stopped by 'cause I wanna say...........
Mark Star replied to Mark Star's topic in Random Thoughts
Right on, Tea! It's so crazy you mention Christmas morning as that's what I tell my wife and I am SO lucky to have that feeling again with this band! I had it with The Stones back in the day and now I am lucky enough to have that same feeling again with The GD! 2 bands in one lifetime! LUCKY!!! It's EXACTLY like that!!!! (Christmas morning as kid) You long-time Dead fans are so perceptive and real and I love all of you! Seriously, every show I meet great, happy, real people and it makes the whole damn thing 100 times better than just the show!!! I've had an insanely great life so far but now that I've found DSO, it's 1000 times better!!!!!! WOW! ~ BTW, Deal on 11-14-87 is sick. 😉 -
I'll be there! Find me and we'll have a blast, guaranteed. (I have a feeling it won't be that hard. LOL.) This may be the greatest trip I've ever taken in my life and I've done some serious trips. (Literally, musically, vegetably, and chemically) CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😃
-
I was at all 3 shows last year and also the 2 shows in November of 2024 and I must say that WITHOUT ANY QUESTION, The Cap is the best indoor venue in the United States!!!! Or at least the best I've been to and I've been to 100's over the years. The ACOUSTICS, the layout, the staff, the bars, the outdoor area, and the overall VIBE cannot be matched! Absolutely unparalleled, IMO. When JITS was cancelled last year, within 1 hour, I had these 3 shows booked because I was so pissed off of the cancellation. And even though I was wearing pants and a fricking WINTER COAT (while outside) instead of shorts and flip flops (cause I like to go where those chilly winds don't blow), I witnessed 3 insane shows!!!!! And by the end of it all, I was with 30 new friends that I had never seen before! God Bless DSO and THE MUSIC!! WTF!
-
I just stopped by 'cause I wanna say...........
Mark Star replied to Mark Star's topic in Random Thoughts
Thank you, Chuck and Tea! (I guess Tea is the head honcho here? - I'm honored. 😊 ) An Obsession to say the least, Chuck!!!! I just found a double-bill that I can do before Jamaica! Hampton Beach for 2 shows! So psyched!!!!! When I see 2 shows listed ON A WEEKEND, within 2,000 miles, I'm ON IT!!!! 😃😃 Once I pull the trigger on the flight and hotel (or AirBnB), just the entire month, or whatever it is, becomes an anticipation bliss factory!!!! So, it's not just the shows, it's the whole lead-up to those shows! I'm paying for and enjoying months of happiness before it even happens!! LOVE IT!!!! And, this is a slight bummer with the site. I again got notifications that DesertDead, Taper Ron, and Dead duck responded to this post, but those posts are not shown.....????? What's up with that? I would like to thank them or respond, or whatever, for their posts. Can that issue be remedied? If not, THANK YOU, you three invisible posters! 😉 Listening to one of my faves right now - 11-14-87 , Long Beach. Fricking SOLID!!!!!! Let's fricking ROCK in Hampton Beach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DSO RULES! Mark -
I just stopped by 'cause I wanna say...........
Mark Star replied to Mark Star's topic in Random Thoughts
I'm new to this stuff but I got notifications that Tea and ChuckVegas responded to this post but I cannot see those posts. (??) Whatever. I do know about computer "glitches". ~ The only thing that matters is WHEN CAN I SEE DSO again before my ultimate trip to The Jam In The Sand???!!!!! Holy shit! I cannot WAIT for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( I / We got screwed last year by that bitch, Melissa, so I'm gonna party TWICE as hard this year!!!!) When / If I see Eyes Of The World on the beach, barefoot, with the ocean waves crashing behind them, I may fricking reach nirvana and explode into dust!!!!!! And love every minute of my last day on earth!!!!!! (Hopefully, it's day 4 😘) Bring it ON!!!!! Mark -
I'm very sorry for your loss, Vic81. Obviously, Frank was an awesome person and a great friend to you. And you to him. That was an excellent Tribute Post! I'm sure that Frank, Jerry, and Bobby are smiling down on you. 🙂🙂🙂 May Frank R.I.P. forever! Mark
-
I just stopped by 'cause I wanna say...........
Mark Star replied to Mark Star's topic in Random Thoughts
Thanks for the welcome, John and Bill! And yes, you will see me out there if you are 2 or 3 back from the rail in front of Rob Eaton. It certainly takes every band member to create this awesome sound of the GD, but Rob, IMO, is the engine that runs the machine of DSO. God Bless ALL OF THEM!!! My last 2 shows were at the Tree House Brewing Company, June 15th and 16th and both were magical nights but my greatest moment of those shows was during the second show where the transition from Scarlet to Fire was absolutely PHENOMENAL!!!!!! OMG!!! I would pay $1000 to witness that shit again!!!! Every single show they fricking blow me away multiple times!!!! GOD BLESS THEM! ~ Hope everyone has had a great 'Days Between' and Jerry'd-it-UP as best you can! Tomorrow is a sad day but we still have his music, memories, and his loving soul to help us thru. (and DSO!) 🥰 God bless you, Jerry. Mark -
.......that I'm happy that I've found a place that LOVES DSO as much as I do!!!!! Pleased to meet you! Mark here. First post, yada yada. I'll give y'all the crib notes. I got on the GD bus in 2006 and have never looked back! Have many reasons why it took me so long but that's for another day. In retrospect, quite bummed about that fact but the only thing that matters is that I am NOW ON BOARD!!!! (And have been religiously for the past 20 years) Had an awesome friend who continuously sent me live Dead shows (on my request) over a long period of time. Got about 150 shows, mostly SB or high quality audience. Anywho, I got on the DSO bus LATE as well..... 10-15-2023, The Signal, Chattanooga, and was so blown away that I've seen the boys (and girl) 15 more times over the past 2 1/2 years. 90% of which I had to board a plane to get to them. To me, they are the greatest band on the planet and I've seen shitloads of bands all over the world. Trust me, I KNOW that I am NOWHERE near the league that most of you are in, seeing the Dead and DSO 100's and even 1000's of times, but know this: I LOVE THIS BAND, almost more than anything in this world and I will continue to do everything in my power to see them as many times as I can until the day I die. To me, they are a gift from God. Mark We'll be back in just a little bit.........................
