Johnny B Goode

Sister Bluebird

• Forum MVP

Fun stuff. John didn't really have room for a full Johnny solo and when I told my friend who was there that, he said he recalled that Jeff had one too many pieces of turkey on his solo (really two solos), but that John seemed to be all smiles and understanding anyway. Obviously, it takes some playing to get these things ironed out.

That Satisfaction>Grow>Sugar was played really well. The Satisfaction was long it almost seemed as if he was going to do a rap towards the end--but it had some nice moments. The Grow was incredible and the Sugar was also really good. The SSDD was almost non-existent though, which is a shame (they are not taking the full 4 beat or so break between the Sugar and SSDD, barely stopping at all actually) and even though the Johnny may not have been what it could have been, the parts of that show that I listened to (Stranger>Deal, Good Lovin, J Straw and the closing) were very impressive. The band is still getting its legs but after a tour, I think these guys are going to be for real.

This vid freezes during the "maybe someday your name will be in lights saying 'Johnny b good tonight'" which kinds of sucks cause Bob does, on occasion, some classic Weir hand signals on that part--guess I'll just have to trust my friend who said he did them.

Archived