Townes On Sugar

Guest going going gone

Guest Ammagamalin Crew

check out the just added Townes Van Zandt 12/28/90 SBD recording, crisp and clearly he is at his best, lots of tales of Guy clark and others he hung around. www.sugarmegs.org Anyone out there in DSO forum land every get to a townes show?

I have no TVZ concerts to report, but I recently read a bio about him called A Deeper Blue. If you are a fan (or interested in the life of an extremely respected, talented, but struggling musician), I recommend it. To Live is to Fly. . . .

Guest Ammagamalin Crew
I have no TVZ concerts to report, but I recently read a bio about him called A Deeper Blue. If you are a fan (or interested in the life of an extremely respected, talented, but struggling musician), I recommend it. To Live is to Fly. . . .

Thank you, it took me awhile before I was ready for the magnitude of his work. Our library here in Cincy has a copy I just reserverd. There is a decent film that was released a few years ago called "Be Here To Love Me", and a really intimate film of him in a hotel in Texas around 3am playing 60 minutes of his music in 1988. "Townes in Houston" His material is right up there with Hunter. Be careful, if you aren't ready for "Marie".

Archived