A Bear's Picnic

Dancer'sChoice

I copied this directly from A Bear's Picnic MySpace page. There is still nothing on their main webpage concerning lineups. Any chance we could get a confirmation that DSO will be there?

snipped from: http://www.myspace.com/abearspicnic

The 5th Annual Bears Picnic will take place on August 13, 14 & 15 2010 at Lincoln Park in Laurelton PA. Here are some of the acts that will perform at this years event.

New Riders of the Purple Sage,

Dark Star Orchestra,

David Gans & Friends,

Rumor Has It,

Ronnie Penque Band,

Roots of Creation,

Cabinet,

NY Funk Exchange,

Willie Jack & the Northern Light,

Waylon Speed,

Boris Garcia,

Lucid,

The Kind Buds,

Mysterytrain,

many more TBA

Tickets will go on sale shortly!

"Nothing left to do but smile,smile,smile."

Guest Lisacat

Jambase has them listed playing on the 13th. They played Bear's Picnic many moons ago (in the DanK days) - it was one of those mellow late afternoon/early evening shows and so much fun- small family-friendly festival- I imagine it has grown a bit over the years. Funny to think back to that time- I think it was probably around my 15th-20th show or so....didn't really know too many people. I was there with Lauren and Kyle and I don't remember anyone else there. But what stands out the most in my memory is watching these people completely bathing in mud - covered head to toe- could only see the whites of their eyes. It was a gorgeous day but had POURED the day before so there were all these huge mud puddles under the tent. I don't even think there any showers there so I just kept thinking to myself, how the hell are they going to get clean before getting in their cars?

Archived