The Palace Theater - 6/2/10

ThinMan

5-11-78 Springfield Civic Center Arena, Springfield, Ma.

1: Cold Rain, BIODTL, FOTD, L. L. Rain, Loser, Mexicali> Mama Tried, Tennessee Jed, Minglewood, Peggy-O, Lazy Lightning> Supplication

2: Scarlet> Fire, Dancin> Drumz> NFA> Stella Blue> Around E1: Werewolves E2: Johnny B. Goode

filler was Box of Rain

Fire was insane - more tomorrow AM

5-11-78 Springfield Civic Center Arena, Springfield, Ma.

1: Cold Rain, BIODTL, FOTD, L. L. Rain, Loser, Mexicali> Mama Tried, Tennessee Jed, Minglewood, Peggy-O, Lazy Lightning> Supplication

2: Scarlet> Fire, Dancin> Drumz> NFA> Stella Blue> Around E1: Werewolves E2: Johnny B. Goode

filler was Box of Rain

Fire was insane - more tomorrow AM

I am at work. I have my ipod on. I've been listening to Dicks Picks for a month or so. I'm on 25, disc 4. I'm reading this setlist from last night while Johnny B. Goode is playing. I realize, same show. Kinda cool.

The Palace turned out to be a great, great venue. New in nature with plush carpets, nice lobby and plenty of space. What I like about the venue mostly was the width of the stage...very, very wide - which allows the speaker towers to be spread out and create a wonderful sound. The band was a good 20 feet from the rail and the sound was just awesome last night.

The first set was very solid as usual with the highlight being the CRAS, the cowboys, TN Jed, Loser and Supplication.

The second set was fun all the way around, the Fire was really the highlight of the night for me, Jeff really blew the doors off during the two jams, Dancin is always hot. The Werewolves was not surprisingly a little rough (they just don't play it much), Eaton was doing some nice slide work, but when and where Jeff would sing was a little disjointed and RB took a solo - which didn;t seemed planned

Two things that I noticed last night which were great for Jeff:

1. He stares alot and tries to connect alot with Rosen - i love this. I have seen Rosen much more involved than years past and trying some new things on the bass and getting him to be more outfront.

2. Jeff;s lyrcis were much better than I had read on here...I liked them. They were loud and maybe it;s just me but they seem to put his vocals thru some sort of effect and last night during the Stella it sounded really, really good. They were way upfront and clear.

Archived