Thanks Dso & A Question For Rob Eaton

Cosmic Remedy

I just want to thank DSO for the show they played in Lexington last night. It was a blast watching the band on a semi-rainy Monday night in Lexington. The sounds these guys are producing right now are just as excellent as they were when I first caught the band 4 years ago. I couldn`t have asked for a better show. "Dire Wolf" & watching the band have a blast performing a "Cosmic Charlie" that totally captured the spirit of what the Dead was all about, Thank you so much. It was also a blast seeing some friends from the Lex based band Born Cross Eyed, if you are ever in the area, & they are playing, do yourself a favor & do not hesitate to check them out. I think Rob & Dino read the board & to any other members of the band, thank you all so much. The band was on fire & everyone was bringing it.

Now to my question for Rob, if you don`t care to answer brother, I had talked to you on here about the Asheville , NC show in Feb `08 a couple years ago with Bobby Lee Rodgers opening & spoke with you after the show at Terrapin Hill in Kentucky last fall about golf & the guitar you played during the Terrapin show. Anyway, my question, if you don`t mind answering, the 335 you played last night in Lexington, were those stock `57 classic pickups? I had never got to see you play that one before. Your tones were amazing & I loved the rythym & tasty leads you played weaving in between Jeff`s parts. I have wanted a 335 for years & have considered trading a few of my other guitars for one. If there was a way to look up in a dictionary how a 335 should sound, the sounds you made last night should be the definition.

Perhaps it was this one then. Found the pic in the Archive.

gallery_292_115_10285.jpg

That would be it brother, thanks. I have wanted one of those for years, but never acquired one through all the trading I have done. After hearing it`s greatness in Lex last Monday night, I am seriously considering getting my hands on one.

Archived