Releasing Sound Board/Sound Board Matrix Shows

Gypsy Bob

I’m new to the boards and a fairly recent convert to the DSO Phenomena. (However I do have experience Archiving for one of Jeff’s incarnations :D and know and have great respect for Cotter, Engineer to the Stars)

Releasing Great Performances that are Superior mixes is important in order to secure and expand the Fan Base. Reading rave reviews and then listening to well intentioned Audience recordings that do not capture the band/audience feedback, energy and stellar musician interplay is doing everyone a disservice.

Nothing can peak interest more than the buzz from a great show and a representative recording to seal the deal. I understand the “marketing considerations” but I remember once upon a time there was this band that sold out shows by word of mouth that happened to encourage the sharing of their shows. (it added to the mystique)

Just want to add it is important to have the decision on what to release be made from both sides of the stage; the Band and someone from the audience. Yiz musician types tend to be over analytical. You remember the botched transition or forgotten lyric and most of the time it goes over the crowds head. What the crowd felt was unbelievable energy that sustains. Theaters to Coliseums is just a SB away.

Archived