Days between festival

Tom Banjo

• Forum MVP

We missed you Jeff. We also understand.

This festival turned into the Stu Allen celebration. And he was a great fill in in a pinch. The California heads love it for sure. Stu is there guy.

I enjoyed it but I have to admit something was lacking for me. Stu has such a pretty voice and plays well. But doesn't come close to what I feel from Jeff. Vocally Jeff isn't as pretty. But the emotion for me is much stronger. I feel it. I feel he lived it. It's not just for show or money. We used to play for money now we play for life. These songs are his life. The movement that is the Grateful Dead. The most loving movement since Jesus and Christianity is in his blood. Is not for for show is not for money. Is out of love. I can't express how much this festival made me appreciate Jeff even more. I once openly expressed that I wanted DSO to pick stu Allen as the guitar player after shows in Solana beach. His voice is beautiful it's majestic and mesmerizing. I even expressed this opinion on the forums after I knew the band had made their decision on Jeff. It created strife between me and one of the bandmates in DSO among other things. 

Hearing stu sing some songs created some cynical feelings on me I care not express here. I can't truly say how he feels or what's going on in his heart or mind.  But I can truly state that I know Jeff knows about the planted flag and understands the loss of war. That Jeff truly knows about August West. That Jeff truly knows about the pains of addiction, loss and death. I feel it in his voice in his expression. 

Don't get me wrong. I appreciate Stu and hope to see him play music again and connect with him more but I value my connection to Jeff and his expression on the same level I appreciate jk and jk is the biggest factor in why I live the life I do. He connected me to this music and fostered my connection to Jerry. And no one has impacted my life more than Jerry Garcia other than my mom my dad Whitney Tophlynn and Delilah. 

I'm binging October 89 right now. Gonna drop big on Monday night. I'm off work Monday Tuesday. They drop the shakedown at the spectrum. Love it. There must be some way out of here.