Buff - 02/16

Guest ppennock

Guest ppennock

WOW... my first DSO show in 2 years. Incredible. Still trying to gather my wits. Setlist follows, but as is always the case with these things it doesn't tell the tale...

bucket, bew, silver needles and golden thread (bobby & midnights tune??)> Big River, Easy Wind, Gomorrah, Masterpiece, Here comes Sunshine> Weather Report Suite> Let it Grow

China > Rider> Unbroken Chain > The Wheel> Drumz > Space > John and Rob jam> space> eleven jam> spanish jam!!!!!!> Comes a Time> Sugar Mag> Touch of Grey> Sunshine Daydream Enc: Box

Just an incredible show.. everything from Masterpiece forward just killed... my apologies and please correct me if I've botched the post space jam info, i just tried to write what I heard...

After seeing alot of Bobby and Phil over the past few months (and loving them too), it is really nice to come back to dso and hear it the way it was played in the day. Thanks guys.... I really needed it... and I will be back!!!

ONe last thing.... come play in Toronto!!!! Multiple nights.... Please!!! Canadian heads WILL support you guys if come!

Guest ppennock

hey again... upon reflection I forgot to list the 2nd set Truckin which came after Unbroken and before the Wheel.

Still shaking my head over last nights show... epic!

Where can I get a board?

• Forum MVP

Bucket>

BE Women

Silver Threads>

Big River

Easy Wind

Gommorah

Masterpiece

HC Sunshine

WRS>

Let it Grow

China>

Rider

UnbrokenChain>

Truckin>

Wheel>

Drumz>

Eleven Jam>

King Solomon's>

Comes A Time>

Sugar Mag>

Touch>

Sunshine Daydream

E: Box

!!!Wow!!! What a weekend! Thanks to Steve & Kris for getting me up to NY,, and what a great weekend with some special friends! Such a special time with amazing people. Niagra Falls before the show, very nice, cold, but worth every second. In terms of the show,, smoking hot throughout from first note to last! Eaton was on fire, extemely hot first set energy in Big River, Easy Wind, HC Sunshine, Let it Grow,, great jams, through the roof energy for a first set. China>Rider, the best second set opener, played unbelievably well with incredible grace. of course the Truckin for Buffalo, into an angelic Wheel...We all thought they were really going to bust the Eleven out, definitely an extensive jam and a clear indication that they are close to perfecting it. Comes A Time through the Box (Happy Birthday Kevin) to end it left me speechless. Filled with energy, this band is amazing. Dan Healy, sounds good to me!! Thank you DSO. can't wait to spend the summer with you guys.

Consistency! Yes, the word of the night for me. This was our 1st show since New Years' and it was like the Keswick was just the day before. If you're jumping in for one night or touring, you will get a solid, honest performance that will take your breath away!!! Love this show for some extra special reasons...Great lovable people! Hanging with NwnjSteve and Dancin on a Pin, Jersey Steve and (I Know) Yraida, and of course, Sue & HelpSlip, made this trip unlike any other DSO trip we've ever been on. The band delivered WOW! did they ever. My own personal highlight from set 1 was the Sunshine. Beautiful energy from ALL! Big River rocked as usual. 2nd set was a total blast from The China-Rider through the birthday boys Box of Rain. The Eleven Tease...Come on, Step up and Sing it! You guys are so close. Thanks for the Comes A Time, sweetness. Dan Healy, welcome and great job! The mix was excellent! This was a far better crowd than the July show. Tight and flowing.

It was great seeing fellow Starheads, Lisa, Kim, Fritz, ChuckV.

Oh Yeah....I think we all learned to HUMMMMM a little better!

Hope all is better with Shannon.

Peace

Tremendous weekend!!!!!!!! :D

Many thanks to Vince, Sue, Torin, Steve, and Kris for the kindness, generosity, and warmth extended to Yraida and me. Love ya.

Trip from Garrattsville, NY to Niagara Falls to Buffalo was most enjoyable watching Dead DVDs and listening to DSO.

The show was crisp! All in attendance seemed to be having a blast. Great musical selections and great energy. Good to see Lisa, Chuck V, Fritz, Karen, John, Kimberly, and Lauren.

Highlights Big River, Easy Wind, WRS/Let it Grow, China/Rider, Sugar Mag/Touch/Sunshine Daydream.

"Say it's your B-day" riff for Kevin.

Peace,

Jersey Steve

Archived