Brett Favre retired

jackjones

The Packers will be easier to hate without him. Does that make the best NFC North QB John Kitna? Yeesh....

What will Joe Buck and Troy Aikman talk about now? Brett Favre got mentioned every ten minutes on FOX, whether the packers were playing or not. As a lifelong Packer hater, I can't tell you how glad I am to not have to suffer through another season of retirement questions and montages of Favre.

that having been said, he was a great competitor, a superior quarterback (sometimes) and I was usually fairly jealous that the packers got to keep a marquee QB for (basically) an entire career. Thanks for the memories, Brett.

my enemy's enemy is my friend. Go Vikings.

• Forum MVP
The Packers will be easier to hate without him. Does that make the best NFC North QB John Kitna? Yeesh....

What will Joe Buck and Troy Aikman talk about now? Brett Favre got mentioned every ten minutes on FOX, whether the packers were playing or not. As a lifelong Packer hater, I can't tell you how glad I am to not have to suffer through another season of retirement questions and montages of Favre.

that having been said, he was a great competitor, a superior quarterback (sometimes) and I was usually fairly jealous that the packers got to keep a marquee QB for (basically) an entire career. Thanks for the memories, Brett.

my enemy's enemy is my friend. Go Vikings.

Yeah, Tom, I have to say I'm glad he's gone as well. Mostly, because I won't have to see the graphic indicating how many QBs the Bears have had since Brett became a starter for the Pack...

• Forum MVP

As a maniacal Bear fan, I'm sorry to see him go. We're 6-2 against Favre in our last 8 games! Still, that doesn't erase bitter memories of those games in Soldier Field where Favre threw 82 touchdowns in one quarter or rang up 952 points or threw behind-the-back passes for 60 yard completions. I think the Pack beat us in 68 straight games, or maybe it was 67. I've blocked it out. God, I hate the Packers. And I wish Favre had been a Bear.

• 1 month later...

^, ^^ agreed, gentlemen.

I did however note that Gus Frerrotte has joined the NFC Norse (again), so we expect no one will really notice Brett is missing becuase of Gus's showmanship and excellent demonstration of leadership skills...

(hardly) - those yokels on ESPN last night were talking about the possible scenarios that could bring Old Brett out of retirement. Sheesh! I guess they are running low on material...

:)

• 3 months later...

Once again, I am having a nice breakfast of eating my own foot... :rolleyes:

...those yokels on ESPN last night were talking about the possible scenarios that could bring Old Brett out of retirement. Sheesh! I guess they are running low on material...

The only thing worse than the fact that Favre has now managed to monopolize the NFL media coverage for another offseason (not counting next post-season) is the fact that he became a Jet.

I thought he said he wanted to play for a team that was a contender? wtf? Have fun Brett. ;)

Meh! :o :

610x4e5ff70ob7.jpg

• 1 month later...

So far it looks like moving Brett was the right move for the Packers. Assuming that Rodgers stays healthy (a fairly big assumption) or healthy enough to play through whatever ails him, it looks like he's going to turn into something legit. Granted, the sample of work is a little limited and his success has come at the expense of the 'Queens and the Lionesses but still, it's been impressive.

• 1 month later...
Guest jazz-man

I'm a lifelong Packer fan (who grew up in Chicago, not fun times) I am sorry to see Brett go but I'm not sad to see the drama go. the last 3 years or so evry year it was 'wait on Brett' and it got old after awhile. I think the team could have taken him back but their mind was made up and he had to go. I felt Rodgers would be good but he's pretty damn good. Good luck to Brett and GO PACK!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest DEAD HEAD
AFC Championship Game - Jets vs Colts

NFC Championship Game - Giants vs Packers

Superbowl potential of Manning vs Manning....NY vs NY....or Farve vs Packers.

You heard it here first folks....

My good friend John who is a big Giants fan is thinking the same ... I would love to see a NY vs NY ... we will see...

Guest dsorocks
My good friend John who is a big Giants fan is thinking the same ... I would love to see a NY vs NY ... we will see...

That would be crazy,has that ever happend before NY VS NY.

Archived