1st Night Great American Music Hall

Mohammad

• Forum MVP

03-16-73 Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, Uniondale, N.Y. (Fri)

1: China Cat> I Know You Rider, Jack Straw, Wave That Flag, L. L. Rain, Ramble On, Box Of Rain, BIODTL, TLEO, El Paso, Row Jimmy, Mexicali, Bird Song, Playin

2: Promised> Bertha> Greatest, Loser, Big River, Don't Ease, Me & My Uncle, Dark Star> Truckin> Morning Dew, Sugar Magnolia

"A Swell Dance Concert" - billing: GD; Sons Of Champlin

Filler: Mr. Chalie>The Weight

"Home on the Range" theme before MAMU

Great show--Wonderful single verse but FAT D Star>Truckin>Dew---they hit the D chord HARD for the start of the Dew...

• Forum MVP

Most embarrassing part of the show was before it started, when Sage introduced me to Betty and me not realizing it was Betty Cantor-Jackson asking "Are you on the boards too?" to which she offered a puzzled look. Luckily Sage said "No, she's too cool for the boards" or something and the subject was changed.

Oops...

• Forum MVP

This is the first DSO show Vince325 and I caught together up in Northhampton, MA ... it left both of us speechlesss ,, i'm sure they left the GAMH speechless this time as well !! one of the best '73 shows that exists ..DarkStar>Truckin>Morning Dew my oh my

sounds like a reallllllly good show...

i always enjoy 73'!!

its just another reason why i love Jerry G. so much..

he had so many different styles of playing

and i love them all so much!

but 73-74 was certainly something very new

did they play wave the flag in the full???

This is the first DSO show Vince325 and I caught together up in Northhampton, MA ... it left both of us speechlesss ,, i'm sure they left the GAMH speechless this time as well !! one of the best '73 shows that exists ..DarkStar>Truckin>Morning Dew my oh my

The first set was like a complete show for me...Highlights were China>Rider...old school TLEO...Ripping Bird Song...But the set closing PITB was the crown jewel...Worth the price of admission in and of itself...BTW Healy was singing and rockin out at the board for much of the first set...He mixed the show with Cam hanging as well..

Archived